collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Bring You More G5 News  (Read 9300 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
I Bring You More G5 News
« on: February 17, 2022, 10:43:03 AM »
I have to get dressed for work in 6 minutes summary time lets go:

My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale is a Youtube exclusive 2D animated series that will begin uploading weekly on April 7th.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have reuploaded the promotional video onto Youtube here.

The first special will be called "Make Your Mark". It premieres May 26th on Netflix.

The series will be called "My Little Pony: Make Your Mark". It premieres September 26th on Netflix.

The second special will be called "Winter Wishday". It premieres November 7th on Netflix.

New toys:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: I Bring You More G5 News
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 10:48:11 AM »
Just when I was getting used to New Generation, Hasbro had to go and do this. Ugly Pony Life 2: Electric Boogaloo. Effort and beauty continues to be lost with MLP. You suck hasbroken.  :nope: :razz: :throw:

I will say that the Polly pocket sets are cute.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 06:18:29 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 11:06:15 AM »
*SCREAMS TO THE HEAVENS*  Polly Pocket but for ponies!  Polly Pocket but for ponies!  Polly Pocket but for ponies!

I have only wanted this FOREVER

Also is that a baby dragon? (Green figure that comes with the boombox)

Would you mind if I shared these pics on my pony blog?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 11:14:19 AM »
Also is that a baby dragon? (Green figure that comes with the boombox)

It is! His name is Sparky! He's adorable  :biggrin:

Anyways as cute as the Polly Pocket theme is, it doesn't look like there are any brushable offerings for this year, confirming my suspicions that brushables have been phased out entirely for molded mane action figures and LOL Surprise rejects mini figurines. Looks like my pony collecting days are over, I'm not interested in any of this stuff. If Hasbro would continue putting out products of similar quality to the Fashion Style Izzy and Sunny I would have gladly continued collecting G5 stuff but this? Yeah y'all can keep it.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 12:24:38 PM »

Posey loves flowers that grow in her garden tulips and daffodils all in a row

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 12:41:27 PM »
OMG the polly pocket-like playsets, I need ALL OF IT!!!

I'm fine with the drawing style for the series, it's quirky :) I like quirky.

Also, maybe I've missed something somewhere, but isn't february too early to say there'll be no new brushables this year? (like, obviously unless this is a fact, in which case that's too bad. )

Thanks Ragamuffin for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 12:44:46 PM »
omg good catch LadyM! That totally IS Posey! :O

But um yeah, I'm with LAW on this one, I'm gonna pass. My other collections are high-fiving each other and going "hooray, more money to spend on us!" :P Really not a fan of that art style at all, eesh...

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 12:48:23 PM »
I'll judge it more when I see it in action, there's only a split second of it more or less, so I can't really see what I think of it.  From the picture, it's kind of flat, but I'll see what I think of the show.

Sometimes style looks better when it's animated - Pony Life had a simplistic-ish style, but I still found it cute and it fitted the show, so it's not really a deal-breaker.  It's also possible they want to just do a simpler thing for YouTube, and have a... more refined style (I don't want to say "more effort" because a simplistic style doesn't always mean "no effort", it can be as stylistic choice.)

To be honest, I tend to give all kinds of animation a chance, it has to be a really "bad" version of (insert animation style here) to make it lose points for me, and even then it can still be saved by the "good" points of the subject (good and bad being based on my own opinion, of course) - I'll admit, from the picture it doesn't look the best, but I'd need to see them actually doing more things, and appear longer.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 01:05:19 PM »
Oh no.... I was excited when I heard about the 2D series because I thought it would be in the artstyle that a lot of the merch and the advent calendar used. This is awful. What did they do to Hitch's head?? I do appreciate that Sunny's alicorn form wasn't permanent, but I wish the same could be said for the rainbow streak in her mane. It works in the alicorn form, but as an earth pony, she looks overdesigned. It's also sad to see the movie cast isn't returning for this series. I expected it for Sunny's and Hitch's VAs, but not for Izzy. Kimiko Glenn was in Orange is the New Black and Centaurworld, after all. Oh well, atleast the 3D series still sounds promising. Plus, the Polly Pony Pockets are cute. I am on board with SweetLemons, though. Where's our brushables? :(

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 01:20:50 PM »
Well, those teeny little playsets are adorable and I need them in my life.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 01:23:28 PM »
Fortunately the animation for the webisodes is not the same as the animation for the Netflix series . . . The Netflix series is going to be 3D animation from Atomic Cartoons studio.

The webisode style does look cheap but for what it's worth I do like it more than Pony Life, lol.  But yeah, I MUCH prefer the style that we've seen on the stickers that come with the G5 toys.

It's also sad to see the movie cast isn't returning for this series. I expected it for Sunny's and Hitch's VAs, but not for Izzy. Kimiko Glenn was in Orange is the New Black and Centaurworld, after all.

I was hoping Kimiko Glenn would stay on too!  But I think she's American . . . It looks like the production is in Vancouver, BC, so probably all Canadian VAs.

I think they'll continue making brushables.  They're hyping the Pony Pockets a lot because it's a new concept.  "Here's a pony with brushable hair" isn't really a concept that needs explaining when it comes to MLP.  Like, I don't think they ever posted promos for the glittery-winged 6" brushables but obviously they exist.  And we know a G5 brushable 6" Twilight Sparkle and Sunny set is coming.

Edit:  Also this definitely isn't the whole line because the blurb is like "Buy even MORE of the Cutie Mark Magic ponies!", but they only show one set of them.   (The Cutie Mark Magic ponies appear to have a regular painted cutie mark on one side and a removable 3D one on the other.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 03:09:06 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 01:49:22 PM »
To start with the positive, I adore the Polly Pocket style ponies! Omg I will need to collect them all! I’m also happy the Netflix series will keep the 3D style, I think the models are so cute! I’m a little sad the voices will be recast, but once we’re used to them Im sure they will be fine! I just hope they don’t cast Izzy’s voice as being too high and zany like they did with Pinkie Pie.

I know the YouTube webisodes probably have a tight budget but yuck, I really do not like that 2D art style. :X I was never one to be bothered by the “Cal Arts style” but good lord it has gotten overused. I’m sick of floating bean mouths. I’m sick of the weird flat noses to make everything look like an emoji. I’m sick of the over simplistic stylization of cartoons. I want to see some pretty art again. :( These models look especially flat and boring to me, they have no real distinct silhouette.

I’m going to be somewhat controversial and say I liked the style of the Pony Life cartoons better than this style. Even though they had pretty much all the same issues noted above, they were distinct enough that I liked them. The sparkly eyes and super chibi portions gave them some character. Maybe though, it’s just the fact I didn’t love G4s art style to begin with. :lol: Maybe what I’m feeling for the G5 2D animation is how G4 fans felt when they saw the normal artstyle converted.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline lowpolyzoe

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Star Catcher Appreciator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 02:06:15 PM »
Ahh I'm not the biggest fan of that art style, it kind of looks a bit wonky but for a budget YouTube exclusive webseries I'm not too upset, they'll probably look nicer in motion and it'll be nice to have something to tide us over until the 3D series which I'm also honestly expecting to look somewhat wonky given how uncanny budget 3D can be sometimes  :work:

The mini sets are cute but they don't seem that appealing imo

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 02:08:43 PM »
Man, this art style makes Pony Life look like a Disney movie.  Yikes, that is hideous to look at!  I like the toys though.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 04:34:24 PM »
At this rate, even I might be able to get a job drawing animation for hasbro.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal