collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony things you wish you didn't know?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony things you wish you didn't know?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 11:47:38 PM »
Most of the MLP things I wish I didn't know come from...unofficial g4 content. But I also wish OTHER people didn't know, more than myself. I've gotten mean comments on my custom photos.

I'm gonna agree with the above, and everyone else who said 'things that a certain subset of the G4 fandom have said and done.' :yikes: And I'm sorry you got rude comments on them, Heelys!

Unfortunately, 'not knowing' isn't the same as 'not existing', because I'd vastly prefer the latter for many parts of the G4 fandom. So in terms of not knowing ... that anatomically correct bird is angling for a top-3 spot right now, NGL. :lmao: Uhh, could I say stuff like injuries sustained while customizing? Because every time I pull out my X-acto knife to do anything, I remember all of the stories about customizers gouging themselves accidentally... :yikes:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Apple Spice

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 11:52:39 PM »
I agree also. That's why I never got interested in G4. It just turned me off. I hate when people put collectors in that category with bronies that took it too far.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2022, 02:35:08 AM »
We were so close to having accurate unicorn tails and lil hoof feathers on the pegasus ponies in G5. :(

100% agree with this! Of the leaked designs and even the early color scheme concepts for the main characters that we got to see, I feel like final g5 went with the least interesting ones.

I wish I didn’t know about…the kid who supposedly ate his sister’s toy pony? Found out while looking at the thread on pony toxicity. Gross. Ick. I hate it.

I don’t want to shut down people rightfully kvetching about gross brony behavior! Quite a bit of it was gross. But…I attended a few brony cons during their heyday, made some nice brony con going friends, had a lot of fun, and even bought a lot of g1s! There is plenty of brony stuff that’s unpleasant though, and I sure don’t want to barge in here going “not all bronies!” so please carry on.

Offline Toilandtrouble123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Hubble bubble, Toil and trouble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2022, 05:42:49 AM »
Definitely the unpleasant things bronies have done :(

Same honestly

I think I shall stay blissfully ignorant and NOT google this...  :biggrin:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2022, 09:41:45 AM »
I wish other people didn't know about ponies so I could get them all for myself :lol:

Same here!  :newpony: :snicker:

Big mood! Would definitely keep some of the prices lower, which is better for my wallet lol.
Knowledge is power, but I do wish I was blissfully unaware of prototype ponies. Then I wouldn’t be going nuts over what could have been, and drooling at the mere mention of owning one.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2022, 07:02:59 PM »
We were so close to having accurate unicorn tails and lil hoof feathers on the pegasus ponies in G5. :(

100% agree with this! Of the leaked designs and even the early color scheme concepts for the main characters that we got to see, I feel like final g5 went with the least interesting ones.

I wish I didn’t know about…the kid who supposedly ate his sister’s toy pony? Found out while looking at the thread on pony toxicity. Gross. Ick. I hate it.

I don’t want to shut down people rightfully kvetching about gross brony behavior! Quite a bit of it was gross. But…I attended a few brony cons during their heyday, made some nice brony con going friends, had a lot of fun, and even bought a lot of g1s! There is plenty of brony stuff that’s unpleasant though, and I sure don’t want to barge in here going “not all bronies!” so please carry on.

Oh, for sure. That's why I phrased my post the way I did. I used the brony label for a good few years myself, and there were plenty of awesome people who did/do the same. And if there's not at least one bit of brony fan music you still listen to and will defend with your life, you're lying.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 07:34:09 PM »
I wish other people didn't know about ponies so I could get them all for myself :lol:

:lmao:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Purpleglasses

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2022, 11:24:05 PM »

Oh, for sure. That's why I phrased my post the way I did. I used the brony label for a good few years myself, and there were plenty of awesome people who did/do the same. And if there's not at least one bit of brony fan music you still listen to and will defend with your life, you're lying.

OH, now that last part is 100% accurate! I noticed the careful phrasing, I appreciate it, and I hope I did the same.

Offline ScotchHop

• Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2022, 03:43:12 AM »
I could have done without knowing about the two sitting pose Greek ponies. I'm not a nirvana fiend particularly, but they are just SO pretty and SO expensive.

Not going to google bronies btw. You've all worried me too much!
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline Heelys

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2022, 06:31:14 AM »
I could have done without knowing about the two sitting pose Greek ponies. I'm not a nirvana fiend particularly, but they are just SO pretty and SO expensive.

Not going to google bronies btw. You've all worried me too much!

Eh, it's just a very broad topic. Boils down to "large demographic of adult fans (mostly men) realize they like something not traditionally masculine, make it all about themselves and create an unsafe fan environment for the target audience".

Sprinkle in the fact that the first wave of new fans came from unregulated boards who created stapes of the 2010s web like the "rules of the internet" (Rule 30: Girls don't use the internet. If you say you're a girl, and don't have proof, you're lying. Rule 43: The more beautiful and pure a thing is — the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.) and you've got a vocal percentage of unpleasantness.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2022, 12:45:18 PM »

I feel like it was genuinely like that for us in the nineties, since there was only one other local collector and she sold up and left after a couple of years. They weren't big online at that point, and it was easy to trade for whatever I wanted rather than having to find money, which for a teenager was a big deal. It was a great time to be a pony collector :D Back in the days when MLP was still carboot sale junk and you could sometimes find a MIP best friends or euro family baby for £2 at a local market stall.

Most of the bronies weren't born when I first started using the internet. I dare them to tell me that I don't exist xD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 08:58:59 AM »

I feel like it was genuinely like that for us in the nineties, since there was only one other local collector and she sold up and left after a couple of years. They weren't big online at that point, and it was easy to trade for whatever I wanted rather than having to find money, which for a teenager was a big deal. It was a great time to be a pony collector :D Back in the days when MLP was still carboot sale junk and you could sometimes find a MIP best friends or euro family baby for £2 at a local market stall.

Most of the bronies weren't born when I first started using the internet. I dare them to tell me that I don't exist xD.

That's when I was collecting Kenner LPS to add to my childhood collection. It was a similar experience. I remember using money orders on eBay too. I was 15 when we first got the internet :) Gee, how did I survive half my teen years without it :lol:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2022, 09:14:33 AM »

That's when I was collecting Kenner LPS to add to my childhood collection. It was a similar experience. I remember using money orders on eBay too. I was 15 when we first got the internet :) Gee, how did I survive half my teen years without it :lol:

I used the internet for the first time at 15 as well! Though it was a library computer :) We got the internet at home when I was 16, literally RIGHT before my school exams (great timing xDD) in April 1998.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 10:26:09 AM »

I don't defend or listen to their fan music. So there. It's probably creepy, gross and full of mean south parkish "humor". I also wish I'd never heard of or encountered them and all that they do. Could've gone my whole dang life without that.

I was in my late teens when I first started going on the internet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 10:34:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2022, 03:00:18 PM »
I don't defend or listen to their fan music. So there. It's probably creepy, gross and full of mean south parkish "humor".
Eh, some is more on the crude or edgy side, but most MLP fan music is genuinely good. Most of what I remember is music using samples of the characters from the show speaking, or remixes from show songs. My favorite MLP fan musician is So Great & Powerful. I'm sure if you gave it a chance, you'd change your mind. :good:
Edit: Oh, and that reminds me! Some brony musicians have also made music in tribute to G1 as well. I recently listened to one for Princess Tiffany.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal