Pony Talk > Pony Corral

not sure if this belongs in this catagory but here goes nothing

(1/5) > >>

sally234598:
how do you guys decide what ponies you want? a lot are in bad shape or just really pricy. its hard to choose.  Thanks

Loa:
It kinda depends. I have purchased big lots before for the purpose of cleaning/restoring and selling.
I've bought big lots just for the ONE pony I can't find elsewhere.

SpaceButtPonies:
For me when choosing ponies I went with my favorite theme which is space/stars and moons. With that being said I'm willing to pay a bit extra for nicer looking ponies, if possible.

Definitely try to stay away from Ebay at first, a lot of people tend to over charge for ponies. MLPA and Facebook MLP groups are definitely a good start for collecting. I feel most people here and FB respect other collectors, rather than seeing the value of ponies like Ebay they want to share the love of them. Hope this helps!

BlackCurtains:
I go by color :) My favorite color is orange, so I collect and buy mostly orange ponies. That said, I do have several yellow ponies and my all time favorite is Raincurl, who is white. So it varies for me too.

I agree with the above about eBay. Single pony prices have become so ridiculous there but looking for job or TLC lots can pay off. Maybe I'm in the wrong collector groups, but I find people overcharge on Facebook too unless, like eBay, it's a TLC lot.

milkywaymochi:
I go by specific sets of ponies. I usually have two or three different sets I'm trying to complete at any one time, so if I'm struggling to find any of one I can switch focus to another for a while.
For example, I've been trying to complete the first set of TaF ponies, and I only need sweet tooth now, but I'm getting a bit fed up of not being able to find her for a reasonable price, so I've switched focus to the candy cane ponies (only have two out of six) and the first baby ponies. (Still looking for baby glory and baby firefly)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version