collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you take vacations or day trips?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you take vacations or day trips?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2022, 09:34:17 AM »
I never go anywhere these days. Traveling with kids is not fun or relaxing for me. It's probably been over a decade since I've traveled, and even then it was for an obligation, like a wedding or work trip, not of my choosing. I guess about 4 or 5 years ago we went to Wisconsin Dells for a couple of days (we live not far away from there so it hardly counts) when my stepkids were in town. It wasn't fun for me because my son was not even 2 yet and I couldn't go on any rides and it was pouring rain the whole time; I spent most of my time with him in the hotel room.

My husband is taking the kids to Tennessee next weekend to visit his best friend, but I'm staying home by myself. That's better than a vacation to me!

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2022, 04:18:37 PM »
Maaaaan, I ca NOT wait to travel again! I miss the long drives, changing scenery, and freedom of no responsibilities or expectations. I haven't had a solid road trip since 2019, when I drove from Columbus (Trotcon) to Orlando (Pony Fair) to Baltimore (BronyCon) on consecutive weekends. I had so much fun stopping at tourist traps, swimming in Devil's Hole (prehistoric sinkhole that's 80' deep), and eating at places I've never seen before. The drives out west... I love driving over the Great Salt Flats on the night of a full moon. The ground absolutely glows this ethereal blue and is soooooo distracting. And, in the morning, as you enter Nevada, you can see fog rising from the ground and the sunrise reflecting red off the mountains.

I do day trips all the time. Went to Dayton a few weeks ago to hit up some vintage toy shops and thrift shops. I'm planning on going up to Mansfield this summer to track down more info about a woman whose painting I bought at the thrift shop. Maybe, if I get the job I hope I do, I'll do an overnight into Kentucky and go paddle boarding in a cave!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 03:20:43 PM »
day trips? not really cause money but we try to hit a comic con we really like every summer
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 02:36:22 AM »
I used to travel a lot!

When I was a kid we mostly travelled in Norway, Sweden or Denmark as we didn’t have that much money. And of course we went to our family cabin in the mountains (in Norway). My grandparents owned it, and we used to go there with aunts, uncles and cousins. I loved that! We still have the place, but my grandparents died a long time ago now.

I’ve been other places in Europe as well. On holiday either as a teenager or grown up. Germany, France (both Southern France and Paris), Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Estonia, England (London, mostly) and Barcelona in Spain.

We’ve had school trips to Normandie in France, Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary and I had an international job where I travelled quite a lot to the Netherlands, Poland and Spain.

As I got older I travelled more with friends- sometimes to places I went before, but also new places. Reykjavik in Iceland, Thailand (backpacking), New York City, Monaco.

I also had some family trips as a grown up, visiting family in the US (New York, Connecticut, Arizona, Utah and California). I’ve also been the island Madeira, in Portugal.

I haven’t travelled at all the last couple of years, but I stopped traveling before COVID. After working international for so many years I didn’t feel like traveling was “being on vacation” anymore. Airports and hotel rooms just reminded me of work, whereas being at home with nothing to do was way more relaxing.

I do appreciate traveling though. I love how you just get close to different cultures, languages and beliefs. It really challenges your perspectives on things, and if you’re open for it I find that the experience can make you understand that your own perspective is far from the only one out there and almost never the right one, tbh. ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal