collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Restoration Project  (Read 356 times)

Offline Toilandtrouble123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Hubble bubble, Toil and trouble!
    • View Profile
Restoration Project
« on: January 18, 2022, 06:28:37 AM »
Hey, so long time lurker here!

Over the last couple of years, I've been in a bit of a flunk, and my other half said I needed a new hobby, so he has graciously retrieved my baits and paints that I started to get together a few back.  (...had to put it all away in his parents' attic when we moved in with friends briefly).

I shall do a go over on my previous attempts from years ago, but in the meantime I have an ambitious project to start me off.

I won a poor Princess Sparkle as part of a bundle on Ebay, fibre optics fallen most of the way out the crown, LED missing from the component, missing saddle, bow dimmer switch broken and missing, and tinsel absolutely unsalvageable.  I would post pics but confused on how to from Dropbox!

I have a working theory of how to replace the electronics, can make new saddle and bow dimmer swtich, and but what would people suggest about the hair and body?

There a dark blue marker pen near the battery compartment that I just KNOW is going to be a pain to get rid off.  Do I put a clear blue glaze on her to help blend the mark in?

As for the hair, the tinsel is just shot! Any pointers on comparable tinsel so I can rehair her please?

Many thanks!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Restoration Project
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 12:20:23 PM »
I'm not sure if Dropbox can be used for photo hosting? As long as you can get a link that ends in .jpg or .png you should be able to post.

Shimmerlocks has a lovely selection of tinsel. I don't have her to compare, but she seems to have tinsel that matches Pony Bride? If so, then "Opal" would be your best bet. If it's less like that and more similar to Baby Princess Sparkle, then perhaps "Rainbow Twinkle".

Hopefully someone who has done work on her has more input. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Toilandtrouble123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Hubble bubble, Toil and trouble!
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration Project
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 02:11:18 PM »
Hey thanks for the recommendation on the tinsel, much appreciated!

Yeah I dunno about Dropbox, only recently started using it for my nature photography whilst on holiday.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal