collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Baby Meadowsweet rehair  (Read 455 times)

Offline Ponyrama_95

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
MLP Baby Meadowsweet rehair
« on: January 04, 2022, 02:07:57 AM »
does anyone know any web site where I can buy new hair for Baby Meadowsweet very similar to the original one? (I prefer not to use dye because I'm a bit messy)  :blink:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: MLP Baby Meadowsweet rehair
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 08:02:49 AM »
I don't think there is anyone that sells horizontal hair like that. The best thing, if you don't want to dye it yourself, would be to commission someone to dye it for you. You can ask on the Customs board - Link A lot of talented artists hang around and you might be able to find someone :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 06:36:19 PM »
This is really tough.
As someone who has tried to dye hair in thin horizontals before, it's actually even harder than it looks. When you look to do a commission, you'll need someone with a real proven track record. The problem is because the color strips are so thin and tiny as dye 'creeps' along the hair shaft more than you want it to while it's going onto the hair. Bigger/wider stripes are easier but because these 'family ponies' all have thin strips it's rough to do.
I always wondered if their odd textured hair had something to do with it. All them that are from the families have slightly textured hair that's not normal like everyone else so maybe that somehow kept it in place. The exception to the rule being dabble/scribble who's hair is striped but normally textured.

Offline Ponyrama_95

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 02:46:43 AM »
Thanks for your suggestion. I imagined it was not easy and that you needed a good dexterity, but I did not think it even needed a technique to prevent the color from overflowing in the adjacent strip. This complicates matters and I believe that turning to someone more competent than me, as you have suggested, is the best thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal