Creativity > Customs

Feedback and Suggestions Please

(1/3) > >>

Dazzler:
I'm doing my first custom from an HQG1 blank. The tail was relatively easy to secure with elastic and zip ties, but the head took 2 hours. I secured the hair with fabric tack glue, but I still get some hair strands slide out when I try to comb it. I've added more, but I'd welcome any suggestions on how to make the hair brushable and not fall out of her head.

I'd also love to hear opinions on the color scheme and name symbol suggestions.

Front:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Back:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

rybett:
I dampen the hair inside the head and then spread some Gorilla glue on it.  Swells up and that hair is stuck. 

tailrustedtealeaf:
Some fallout from the hair is bound to happen. If you're getting entire plugs that fall from her head, you can always touch them up later, but you can also tie the hair on the inside of the head. I used to use a doll needle to put the hair in, but this takes MUCH longer than using the tool and glue method.

Those are very nice colors! She reminds me of Mirror Mirror for some reason...

Ragamuffin:
She's purple and red, so my mind goes to grapes and/or wine... fancy dinner party pony...

starscout:
I love the colors! Her hair reminds me of Sparkler's (one of my faves!). Ragamuffin's comment makes me think a chalice and grapes would be a fitting symbol for her. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version