collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Are Your Pony Mystery/Horror Stories?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: What Are Your Pony Mystery/Horror Stories?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2021, 08:39:51 AM »
...Imagine if there were a pony who came packaged with a cutesy, happy, cartoony maggot as a little animal friend figure. I would probably unironically buy that so fast. :lol:

Maybe if it was a caterpillar :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2021, 09:07:04 AM »
Hmm. I guess for me it would be the pony that arrived from Europe (to the USA) with a live maggot.

It didn't creep me out but it made me very curious. How did it get in the package with the pony? How did it survive the trip? What type of insect was it?

There was only the one and it was small and the pony was otherwise fine.

I didn't bring it up to the person who mailed her, because she was a sort of RAOPK and I don't think the person like, put the maggot in there on purpose :lol:

Eww.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 04:53:40 PM »
Back when I first got back into ponies as an adult, I went home to my parent's house and fetched my childhood ponies from their old box. My Locket was one of my faves and her hair was so ratty, I was going to rehair her.

I pull off her head to find that she is full of solid black mold. And I vaguely had a memory of my best friend with her Quackers and me with my Locket and we gave our ponies a bath in the sink, fully submerging them and making sure they were full of water.

My lovely Locket is okay now. All rehaired and cleaned out.

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2021, 08:44:35 AM »
Back when I first got back into ponies as an adult, I went home to my parent's house and fetched my childhood ponies from their old box. My Locket was one of my faves and her hair was so ratty, I was going to rehair her.

I pull off her head to find that she is full of solid black mold. And I vaguely had a memory of my best friend with her Quackers and me with my Locket and we gave our ponies a bath in the sink, fully submerging them and making sure they were full of water.

My lovely Locket is okay now. All rehaired and cleaned out.

[muffled screaming] horrific! thanks for sharing
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2021, 07:03:23 PM »
I came home one day and found my cat had gotten one of my G3 Breezies and completely destroyed it. :( Chewed the fabric wings and the antenna off, and left big fang punctures in the soft plastic of her face. I was so heartbroken.

It could have been any of my Breezies, but no of course kitty grabbed Snippity Snap, a European exclusive that came from a big playset, which I paid $30 for online! I never did get a replacement. Sigh.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline honor_h

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2021, 08:35:55 AM »
One experience I had was when my grandma was so nice and had thought of me and got some ponies for me from the flea market, I decided to wash them especially this little G3 McDonalds pony because she felt a little grubby. Well, I started rinse her and all her hair fell out! It looked like whoever owned her cut the hair and then attempted to glue it back on?! I ended up popping the head off and removing the little bits that were left. I was going to re-hair her but I wasn't quite sure how to so she's still bald  ^^;

I've got a G2 McDonald's Ivy toy and when I started washing the tail most of it came out. I have G3 Cloud Dancer and the plastic strip the mane is attached to is sticking out at the bottom. I don't think the toys are very well made!

Lovely Whizzer sig by Starscout
Fabulous avatar by Trinity

Offline Duality

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2021, 04:51:44 PM »
One experience I had was when my grandma was so nice and had thought of me and got some ponies for me from the flea market, I decided to wash them especially this little G3 McDonalds pony because she felt a little grubby. Well, I started rinse her and all her hair fell out! It looked like whoever owned her cut the hair and then attempted to glue it back on?! I ended up popping the head off and removing the little bits that were left. I was going to re-hair her but I wasn't quite sure how to so she's still bald  ^^;

I've got a G2 McDonald's Ivy toy and when I started washing the tail most of it came out. I have G3 Cloud Dancer and the plastic strip the mane is attached to is sticking out at the bottom. I don't think the toys are very well made!

Ah, that would make sense! I actually hadn't thought about that haha. I have the G2 McDonald's Ivy too but thankfully she was still in the package, so I didn't have to wash her. Were you able to replace your Ivy's tail?

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2021, 12:49:56 AM »
Hmm. I guess for me it would be the pony that arrived from Europe (to the USA) with a live maggot.

It didn't creep me out but it made me very curious. How did it get in the package with the pony? How did it survive the trip? What type of insect was it?

There was only the one and it was small and the pony was otherwise fine.

I didn't bring it up to the person who mailed her, because she was a sort of RAOPK and I don't think the person like, put the maggot in there on purpose :lol:

...Imagine if there were a pony who came packaged with a cutesy, happy, cartoony maggot as a little animal friend figure. I would probably unironically buy that so fast. :lol:

OMG! :lmao: Okay, but do you remember in the G1 special, Escape from Katrina, where her sidekick Rep turned into a brown and green pony with a gravelly voice? I feel like she would come with an "animal friend" that was a maggot. :lmao:

"Nurse Rep comes with realistic My Little Maggot(tm) pal! Nibbly the Maggot (tm) loves to hang out with Rep and have lots of fun adventures in Ponyland!" :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline honor_h

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2021, 07:50:24 AM »

Ah, that would make sense! I actually hadn't thought about that haha. I have the G2 McDonald's Ivy too but thankfully she was still in the package, so I didn't have to wash her. Were you able to replace your Ivy's tail?

I noticed pretty quick what was happening and stopped. I was using a mug as a "bath" if I had run her under a tap it might have been worse. I couldn't see much difference afterwards. Ivy's tail looked thin to begin with. Her tail could have been doomed of she had thick strands though.

Lovely Whizzer sig by Starscout
Fabulous avatar by Trinity

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2021, 05:24:15 PM »

"Nurse Rep comes with realistic My Little Maggot(tm) pal! Nibbly the Maggot (tm) loves to hang out with Rep and have lots of fun adventures in Ponyland!" :lmao:

As an insect lover, I approve of your name for our little pony friend.  :snicker: Nibbly is a good name for a maggot! They do indeed nibble nibble.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Apple Spice

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2021, 11:51:36 PM »
Reminds me of the time when my daughter was little. I was getting back into collecting and I gave her a bbe baby Ribbon. At this time my husband was off work with a sprang ankle. We were driving down the road & my daughter had her window half way down. She was playing with Baby Ribbon & letting the wind blow the pony’s hair. Well Baby Ribbon must’ve winked out the window. lol Because the next minute my daughter is screaming Baby Ribbon. We had to pull over & go back. So my hubby is hopping towards Baby Ribbon and a truck comes. Hubby is safe & unfortunately Baby Ribbon is ran over. I told my daughter I would take her to the pony hospital & she’ll get better. I lied, I had to throw baby Ribbon away & buy her a new one. My husband hasn’t let me down that he could’ve been the same. lol

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2022, 12:13:46 AM »
I made a stupid error and cut open a bag of baby ponies I received in the mail, I thought I was being safe but I still cut some of Baby Blossom’s tail. I was pretty mad at myself. Lesson learned though. Luckily it’s not too bad, I only cut like half a centimetre off.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2022, 08:56:32 AM »
somewhere I have photos that demonstrate the Horrors that Live Inside A Sea Pony....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2022, 10:06:13 AM »
I've been fairly lucky...nothing as bad as a maggot, thank goodness! But I was fairly disappointed that I once bought what I thought was a really good-condition BnG Bouquet who arrived yellowed and sticky. She cleaned up okay, and whitened up a tad with some Oxyclean, but it was annoying. Worse was this manky Posey that came in a lot...all brown and black inside, and REEKED to high hell. I wasn't mad about it; the lot was dirt-cheap and I got a few good ones out of it, but they could have left that Posey out of there and the rest would have smelled better for it!

Not gross or horrifying really, but I've accidentally paid full price for ponies that had well-disguised cut forelocks that I didn't discover until they arrived...I'm always annoyed by that.

Offline chocolateDelight

• Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »
when i was younger, i was very interested in pony customizing.
i didn't had much paint, and i didn't have any pony hair to put, so i wanted to do a custom with a mcdonald's G3.5 scootaloo figure. so what i did was putting her yellow food coloring. all of that happened when i was like, um, eleven i think?
i thought the food coloring would dye her and what happened, at last, was that i ruined the mane of my precious 25th anniversary wysteria....  :(

to this day i'm trying to find a way to remove those yellow stains from wysteria  :frolic: :enraged: why!?

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal