collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Places to buy the Basic Fun Twinkle Eyes (including online)  (Read 3650 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Places to buy the Basic Fun Twinkle Eyes (including online)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2021, 03:42:41 PM »
Ohhh, interesting!  A wholesaler . . . I wonder how that works.

The reason they keep running out of Gingerbread and Fizzy is the ponies come in a box of six, with 1 Gingerbread, 1 Fizzy, 2 Skyrockets, and 2 Sweet Stuffs per box.  So every time someone buys the whole set, one Skyrocket and one Sweet Stuff are left.

I actually just wrote a letter to BF suggesting they reverse the numbers.  Because Fizzy is really popular and vintage Gingerbread is so hard to find in good shape, which means more collectors want her.  I encourage others to do the same!

Thank you so much for posting these online options!!  I was able to order 3 of the 4 online!!  I had been checking my local Farm and Fleet store with no luck.  The last time I went in the employee said that these would not be in store until maybe mid December or maybe not at all.
I'm so excited to be able to get these ponies and my daughter will be super excited to find one of these under the Christmas tree.

You're very welcome!  :frolic:  Have you decided which pony to give your daughter?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 03:57:45 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shadowfax_22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2021, 05:20:50 PM »
My daughter loves all the ponies!!  :)  For sure I will give her Sweet Stuff.  I might give her Gingerbread also.  I'm keeping Fizzy for my collection.  I didn't get Skyrocket yet.
Its interesting that they ship the ponies in unequal set numbers.  I wonder why they decided to ship them in boxes of 6 instead of shipping them in boxes of 8 with 2 complete sets. 

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2021, 08:19:01 PM »
Posting with a little bummer news from All Time Toys...
I tried to buy these from them and they are out of Fizzy and Gingerbread. I used their online contact form to try and ask about it and this is what they replied

"Hello, Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately we are currently sold out of the 2 other ponies & we are unsure if we will be able to get a restock of them. If we do see them go back up for order from our wholesaler we will be restocking them but right now they are not up for reorder right now. "

So some mysterious 'wholesaler' is in charge of getting them back? I thought the store could just order what it wanted from Basicfun because it is an actual retail store that does a volume of products? I bet they are indeed an actual sell out in that they sold all they had because those 2 are the ones most in demand. Why would they not want to reorder more of it if it was such a good seller?
All I want is a place that sells all 4 so I don't have to pay an ebay scalper or pay multiple shipping charges.

These smaller toy stores often work with wholesalers and not directly with the companies. They want gargantuan orders that a small mom and pop can't make. However the wholesaler can make a gargantuan order and then let the smaller stores make their smaller orders.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2021, 11:58:18 AM »
Posting with a little bummer news from All Time Toys...
I tried to buy these from them and they are out of Fizzy and Gingerbread. I used their online contact form to try and ask about it and this is what they replied

"Hello, Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately we are currently sold out of the 2 other ponies & we are unsure if we will be able to get a restock of them. If we do see them go back up for order from our wholesaler we will be restocking them but right now they are not up for reorder right now. "

So some mysterious 'wholesaler' is in charge of getting them back? I thought the store could just order what it wanted from Basicfun because it is an actual retail store that does a volume of products? I bet they are indeed an actual sell out in that they sold all they had because those 2 are the ones most in demand. Why would they not want to reorder more of it if it was such a good seller?
All I want is a place that sells all 4 so I don't have to pay an ebay scalper or pay multiple shipping charges.

These smaller toy stores often work with wholesalers and not directly with the companies. They want gargantuan orders that a small mom and pop can't make. However the wholesaler can make a gargantuan order and then let the smaller stores make their smaller orders.

Ohhh, interesting!  Thanks for the info, that makes sense!

Two new stores added to the list:

Ellington Agway - They send the ponies at random BUT they are the cheapest option as they currently are having a sale.

Shenanigan Toys
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 12:26:56 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2021, 10:12:47 PM »
New stores added!

Offline:

RedFive Toys (Massachusetts)

Online:

The Toy Store Online
Love of Character

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2021, 11:40:30 PM »
I just bought them! So excited! Aaaa!
RedFive Toys decided to have them online, I guess? AND they were the only one to have all 4 of them in stock.
GRAB EM NOW

Shipping for them was about 5 bucks which is SUPER reasonable in my opinion. I paid like 64.86 for the whole set (everywhere seems to have them between 13 and 15 dollars, but people with 13 are always out of 1 or more of them which would make you buy from several places to get them all and have to keep paying shipping so it didn't make sense to save 2 dollars on product price then spend 4 more to get shipped from all over)

Ellington toys (as of xmas eve) and Love of Character are both missing 1 of the set so you can't buy them all at once in either spot. Good for if you scored a few at cracker barrel, but couldn't complete them.
I don't even care, I was basically so relieved that now it's not some 25-dollar ebay scalpin' anti-deal
If I am the first to get the RedFive toy ones I will post here about how they came/good shipping or whatever details.
Thank you for posting this! Aaa!

Ellington Agway Warning:
I went there SO FAST to add 6 of them to the cart. When it's "randomized" like how Paper Source was doing for the Posey set, you have to add 6 and buy them so you are guaranteed to get 1 of each character and then 2 of two of them to sell off or give as gifts or to do loose/mib both collecting.
BUT
They're ONLY shipping to their local store area now which is really dumb? They'll let you almost buy it then tell you have to pick them up in the zipcode Ellington Connecticut but like....this is FL. So I guess I'm not allowed to buy them. Im going to email them asking when that 'well we dont ship it' will possibly end because 9.99 is amazing for these
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 12:38:47 AM by WingsOfMasquerade »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2021, 12:58:52 AM »
Ohhh, congrats!!  And $5 is a GREAT deal for shipping!!

Awww, thanks!  I want everyone to have a crack at this set. I'm hoping some of the stores that sold out (like Tahoe Treasures) will restock in the upcoming months as well!

BTW if anyone is looking for previous sets, I can also list them if necessary.  I come across them randomly while I'm looking for the TEs.  My favorite was a store that had a single Bubbles which they listed as "PONY - YELLOW".

Post Merge: December 24, 2021, 11:43:53 AM

Added three stores to the list:

Curious Bear Toy & Book Shop
Park Street Books
Pow Science Toys

:)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 11:43:53 AM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2021, 01:01:23 PM »
Oh wow, they look so good!

I've avoided buying the Basic Fun ponies due to having their originals, but now I'm thinking about picking up my favorites.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »
Thanks for posting this! I’m in Canada and have been looking for these! Just bought 3 of the 4 from the Toymasters website. I can’t wait to get them!!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2021, 12:01:32 PM »
Yes, I'm so happy to see them reach Canada at last! 

One of the other small Canadian toy stores told me they were expecting a new shipment of Basic Fun ponies in late January, so I think Canadians will have even more options soon!

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »
Thanks for putting this together. I was able to buy 3 online from a Canadian store. Just on the hunt for Fizzy now! ❤️

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2021, 03:55:50 PM »
Maybe one day I'll find them. Checked Boscov's and Cracker Barrel a few times even though they're out of the way... How I wish Target hadn't discontinued them.
 :sad:

I was hoping to get them for Christmas but it didn't happen.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2021, 05:39:01 PM »
I just need to find Fizzy too! Thanks again  :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2021, 06:04:04 PM »
Thank you so much for all of your help finding places to buy these ponies LadyM!! You rule! I hope everyone is able to get a set! :heart:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2021, 06:33:04 PM »
Thank you so much for sharing all these places! It was lovely to be able to order them from Canada and avoid the duty and cross border shipping expenses. It would have been nicer if I could get them locally but this was the next best thing! 😊 Toy Masters is also showing Fizzy now! I’m still hoping they’ll appear at Toys R Us so I can get doubles if a few.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal