collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Working from Home Thread II  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Working from Home Thread II
« on: December 02, 2021, 04:30:43 AM »
Hi all, I'm working from home today and tomorrow because I need something done to my car. It's nice to have a constant supply of tea and cookies, however it's also a bit lonely! Is anyone else in a home office today?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Working from Home Thread II
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 05:14:00 AM »
Been working from home since July 2020.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 05:29:04 AM »
I'm disabled so I'm always home. As for work, I have a few important phone calls to make and I need to sign some documents and mail them back. I'm planning to clean the cat area today and there are things to put away in the kitchen. Other than that it's just another day.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 07:04:03 AM »
been working from home since March 2020. and plan to keep working from home indefinitely. it's lonely sometimes but i don't miss commuting and dealing with keeping up a work wardrobe. its nice to have better food and not having to share a bathroom.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 07:06:52 AM »
Been working from home since July 2020.

:hiya:
I'm disabled so I'm always home. As for work, I have a few important phone calls to make and I need to sign some documents and mail them back. I'm planning to clean the cat area today and there are things to put away in the kitchen. Other than that it's just another day.

Cleaning tha cat area is good, but not a job I look forward to! I cleaned my actual cat yesterday with his flea brush (not that he has fleas, he just likes it).
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 12:38:15 PM »
For a brief time I was able to work at the office, but the Covid situation is getting worse again so I decided to follow the recommendation and work from home again. I actually enjoy it, the only thing I miss is the daily exercise of biking to the campus. But we're currently having a weird spell of cold (like the UK, apparently) so I don't mind staying at home. :P

Generally speaking I much prefer working at the office, being able to meet people and share ideas and complaints alike. But my current job gives me a lot of anxiety, and I don't really know the people (I started in March when everyone was working from home) so for now this suits me better. I'm looking forward to returning to the campus when I start a full-time research job again. I hope that will be possible!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 02:11:56 PM »
Yeah i do feel like i have more anxiety sometimes working from home. especially if i don't have a lot to do. but i get anxious any time i don't have a lot to do at a job. we always slow down a little around the holidays but i don't do well with downtime. having my dogs helpers. my partner also works from home so that also helps. but sometimes we drive each other a little crazy.

but sometimes being at home i feel disconnected. but the office can also be lonely because we all had separate cubicles and it's not the kind of job where you're spending a lot of time talking to co-workers. so that can be kind of isolating no matter what. i just always feel like i'm not doing a good job if there isn't a lot to do. even if i'm not slacking off because there isn't really anything i should be doing.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 10:43:20 PM »
For a brief time I was able to work at the office, but the Covid situation is getting worse again so I decided to follow the recommendation and work from home again. I actually enjoy it, the only thing I miss is the daily exercise of biking to the campus. But we're currently having a weird spell of cold (like the UK, apparently) so I don't mind staying at home. :P

Generally speaking I much prefer working at the office, being able to meet people and share ideas and complaints alike. But my current job gives me a lot of anxiety, and I don't really know the people (I started in March when everyone was working from home) so for now this suits me better. I'm looking forward to returning to the campus when I start a full-time research job again. I hope that will be possible!

Yep it's snowing here too. Just a a few degrees around freezing and not too much wind. Nothing too exciting. But snow is unusual for the time of year. What are you researching?

Post Merge: December 02, 2021, 10:47:12 PM

Yeah i do feel like i have more anxiety sometimes working from home. especially if i don't have a lot to do. but i get anxious any time i don't have a lot to do at a job. we always slow down a little around the holidays but i don't do well with downtime. having my dogs helpers. my partner also works from home so that also helps. but sometimes we drive each other a little crazy.

but sometimes being at home i feel disconnected. but the office can also be lonely because we all had separate cubicles and it's not the kind of job where you're spending a lot of time talking to co-workers. so that can be kind of isolating no matter what. i just always feel like i'm not doing a good job if there isn't a lot to do. even if i'm not slacking off because there isn't really anything i should be doing.

I guess even in cubicle world you pick up a general mood and signals that you're part of the team. Is there some online training course you could pick up and put down you're busy? Like something you can collect points for that your workplace would recognise?

I've just changed jobs and I used to have a whole group of people hanging out on Teams whether they were at work or workiong from home, but now it's a bit empty.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:47:12 PM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 05:06:51 AM »
yeah i have one that i've been putting off. i also moved to a new project recently so that's been a change. i do feel appreciated there. but the place i worked before that really messed me up because they wanted us to always prove we were providing value for the business any time we were working. i still have a lot of issues from that place to deal with. in general my anxiety has been a little worse now that i'm older.

in general i'm not a person who deals well with not being busy. it seems to be a family trait.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 09:48:41 AM »
I guess because I'm a stay-at-home mom, it could be considered that I work from home. Not everyone considers that a job, but I can say with some confidence that I have never worked so hard in my life! And that includes when I was working 3 jobs while in simultaneously in college. It's made worse by the fact that my husband is now working from home, and I have to keep everybody quiet while he is on Zoom conferences and calls.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 09:53:57 AM »
I guess because I'm a stay-at-home mom, it could be considered that I work from home. Not everyone considers that a job, but I can say with some confidence that I have never worked so hard in my life! And that includes when I was working 3 jobs while in simultaneously in college. It's made worse by the fact that my husband is now working from home, and I have to keep everybody quiet while he is on Zoom conferences and calls.

Being a mom is most definitely a job.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 02:50:15 PM »

Being a mom is most definitely a job.

Thank you for that...I sure couldn't afford to pay someone to do it for me!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 01:37:17 PM »
Working from home but also customer facing?!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal