collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sailor Moon Irwin Dolls - Saturn  (Read 3330 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Sailor Moon Irwin Dolls - Saturn
« on: November 22, 2021, 05:02:38 PM »
I'm not super familiar with the Irwin Sailor Moon dolls, and I'm trying to just get the basics down of the inner senshi (Moon, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury, and Mars) before I move onto the (very) expensive outer senshi.

I have always known that any merch of Saturn is going to be almost always way more expensive than the other senshi, and of course I knew her doll especially was going to be an arm and a leg. However, I recently found a listing for her and out of sheer curiosity I clicked on it and the seller claimed there are only 100 known Irwin Sailor Saturn dolls in existence. Is this true? I'm not saying they're a liar or anything, I'm just genuinely curious if there are only 100 Saturns in known existence.

If you can help me out with any information that would be appreciated! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Sailor Moon Irwin Dolls - Saturn
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 01:44:29 AM »
I don't know about "only 100" - that sounds like fan conjecture to me, honestly (kinda like how some pony sites back in the day said "less Mimics were produced than the other TEs" and there's nothing to indicate that's actually true). But IIRC the Irwin Saturn that was produced (I know there are some prototypes - one with purple hair, one in the "noseless" face mold - that didn't go into full production BUT I think one or two did make it into collector hands) is very rare, yeah. I want to say she was one of the last toys Irwin made so she wasn't distributed as widely as their earlier dolls?

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Re: Sailor Moon Irwin Dolls - Saturn
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 10:43:56 PM »
I don't know about "only 100" - that sounds like fan conjecture to me, honestly (kinda like how some pony sites back in the day said "less Mimics were produced than the other TEs" and there's nothing to indicate that's actually true). But IIRC the Irwin Saturn that was produced (I know there are some prototypes - one with purple hair, one in the "noseless" face mold - that didn't go into full production BUT I think one or two did make it into collector hands) is very rare, yeah. I want to say she was one of the last toys Irwin made so she wasn't distributed as widely as their earlier dolls?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away from my computer for a couple days  ^^;

I figured her being one of the last released was the case as that would explain why she's way more uncommon than the other girls. It's good to know there's (hopefully) not only just 100 floating around. I figured it was a small number than the other dolls but not 100  :lol: Thanks for replying and letting me know. My Sailor Moon merchandise knowledge in general is fairly limited, especially with the Irwin dolls so this really helped me. Thanks again!

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal