Pony Talk > Off Topic

Americans, are you doing Thanksgiving?

<< < (5/5)

Beth3346:

--- Quote from: Twizel on December 13, 2021, 09:25:15 AM ---Man, I remember in grade school Thanksgiving was such a big production, like they laid it on heavy with the myth and all. These days we just gather with family and have a meal. Though, we didn't the last two years because of covid, it was just my husband and I. Still, any excuse to eat a lot lol! I made a pecan pie.

--- End quote ---

yeah so many hand drawn turkeys and, in hindsight, unfortunate construction paper hats. a lot of thanksgiving myth back in the 80s and 90s. i don't remember learning much about it until college. maybe in high school? though on some level i think we all knew it wasn't the whole story.

Twizel:

--- Quote from: Beth3346 on December 13, 2021, 12:29:40 PM ---yeah so many hand drawn turkeys and, in hindsight, unfortunate construction paper hats. a lot of thanksgiving myth back in the 80s and 90s. i don't remember learning much about it until college. maybe in high school? though on some level i think we all knew it wasn't the whole story.

--- End quote ---

Wow, I didn't remember the paper hats until you mentioned it lol. My school did a lot more painting than paper, and despite the unfortunate art projects, I think most of our teachers accepted that all the kids cared about was the days off from school! Ah, November was so sweet - every Friday off except 1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version