collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Americans, are you doing Thanksgiving?  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
Re: Americans, are you doing Thanksgiving?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 05:16:18 PM »
My family and I usually do Thanksgiving the same every year, which is meeting with my dad's side of the family in the afternoon and then my mom's side in the evening.

This year is going to be a bit different, as there are some family tensions on both sides of my family. If I'm being honest, I would have rather had just done a Friendsgiving or just a dinner here at the house with just the four of us alone. Nonetheless, I'm excited to be at both houses tomorrow, even if some people are missing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »
Me, my parents, brother's family and sister's family were supposed to get together last Sunday since my parents are at the beach this week.  But brother canceled and sister canceled, saying they were sick.  So I get to be all alone.  But that's nothing new.  I'm always alone.

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 08:12:31 AM »
Me, my parents, brother's family and sister's family were supposed to get together last Sunday since my parents are at the beach this week.  But brother canceled and sister canceled, saying they were sick.  So I get to be all alone.  But that's nothing new.  I'm always alone.

I hope you get better!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 09:42:12 AM »
My parents cooked and had turkey. I didn't partake though because I don't eat turkey. lol I'm super picky. Not much I will eat.

|My Collection|

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2021, 09:25:15 AM »
Man, I remember in grade school Thanksgiving was such a big production, like they laid it on heavy with the myth and all. These days we just gather with family and have a meal. Though, we didn't the last two years because of covid, it was just my husband and I. Still, any excuse to eat a lot lol! I made a pecan pie.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2021, 12:29:40 PM »
Man, I remember in grade school Thanksgiving was such a big production, like they laid it on heavy with the myth and all. These days we just gather with family and have a meal. Though, we didn't the last two years because of covid, it was just my husband and I. Still, any excuse to eat a lot lol! I made a pecan pie.

yeah so many hand drawn turkeys and, in hindsight, unfortunate construction paper hats. a lot of thanksgiving myth back in the 80s and 90s. i don't remember learning much about it until college. maybe in high school? though on some level i think we all knew it wasn't the whole story.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2021, 12:20:04 PM »
yeah so many hand drawn turkeys and, in hindsight, unfortunate construction paper hats. a lot of thanksgiving myth back in the 80s and 90s. i don't remember learning much about it until college. maybe in high school? though on some level i think we all knew it wasn't the whole story.

Wow, I didn't remember the paper hats until you mentioned it lol. My school did a lot more painting than paper, and despite the unfortunate art projects, I think most of our teachers accepted that all the kids cared about was the days off from school! Ah, November was so sweet - every Friday off except 1.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal