collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ophelia (EAH Hybrid.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
Ophelia (EAH Hybrid.
« on: December 11, 2021, 08:21:11 PM »
Argentina's Garden suggested I make a thread here about her and I figured I'd start it now while I was thinking about it and just add to it later. So I'm going to start with story time. **copied from my instagram**

-  About two years ago, I found Ophelia in a rainy parking lot. I left her there. I continued into the store, going through and loading the small cart I was pushing with groceries. I barely spared the broken doll any thought. When I'd finished shopping I worked on fitting way too many bags into my backpack using clips to attach bags there wasn't enough pocket space for. Seriously, back in the day I turned walking home with groceries into an art form. Now it's raining, not too much but just enough to be annoying and I start home with less haste. I stop by the broken doll just to reassure myself that she is broken. She's missing both legs, all of one arm and half of the other. Her hair is matted and both it and her face are filthy, and her torso is cracked and coming apart at the seams. I'm pretty sure she's been run over at least once. Seeing all of this, I pick up the doll who's seen better days and stick her into an empty grocery bag which I clip on with the others. Together, we go home. Fast forward to today and thanks to bebeblytheco on stay for supplying Blythe bodies in varying skin tones and Ophelia finally has a body of her own again. Yeah she shows some wear and tear, not sure yet if she's going to need a full reroot or not, and her head has a nasty split along the part line that needs repair, but she's got spirit and I think she's definitely a keeper.  -

I've named her Ophelia and right now I'm trying to decide what I'm doing for her head and hair and if I'm going to change anything about her face up.
Here are two pictures I've taken and I'll try to get more later.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 08:23:45 PM by TwistedRiver »

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Ophelia (EAH Hybrid.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 10:28:36 PM »
Bless her she's really sweet. It looks as though you've done a lot of great work on her already! I'm glad you rescued her :)

I like her face-up but I'll be intersted to see what style you go for in the end. I would try restoring her hair first if it was me, but I like to keep things original if I can.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 04:32:48 AM »
I snapped a couple of more pctures showing off the damage she'd received in her previous life.
Split Along Part Line
Torso/Body Damage

I'm still working out what to do about her head now that I've got her body sorted. Thinking about removing her hair and making a wig cap that both holds her head closed and gives me a base for a wig. May do a little blushing on her face, neck and collarbone area to blend things as there is a little head body mismatch.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 07:17:59 AM »
Yowwch!

I prefer her new body for sure, even if it wasn't damaged.

Are you going to get some conditioner into that hair today then?  :biggrin:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 07:35:16 AM »
Not sure if I'll get much chance to fuss with her today. Have a bit of responsible on my plate today so maybe later over the weekend I'll get a chance.
I want to find or make something more suitable to wear.the bottoms aren't bad but her top definitely needs help.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 09:51:27 AM »
Heh, I had some responsible to do today but spent most of it arguing with an insurancecompany and my bank. Happy pony day for me tomorrow! Hopefully a happy doll day for you.

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 02:29:07 AM »
Somehow the last rush before holidays got to me and not much of anything got done responsible or not lol.
Now that Christmas is passed and I got a new clear clipboard which will make tracing my patterns easier so I can get some sewing done.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal