Pony Talk > Pony Corral

She wrote to Basic Fun, you won't BELIEVE what happened next! Doctors hate her!

(1/13) > >>

LadyMoondancer:
Not clickbait! :P

So I wrote to Basic Fun and said, essentially:  "I love your retro ponies! :inlove:  The Twinkle Eye ponies look great!  Are you planning on making more?  I hope you do!"

So after a while (quite a while because the US post office sucks now) . . . I got a letter back!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wow!!  So here's the gist of it:

We received your letter about the My Little Pony retro line and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you love collecting and playing with them! We will try to continue to produce and release more replicas of the originals (there are over 500 of them!!!) every season. A toy season runs "Spring" and "Fall" so every January and every August if you google "My Little Pony Retro Basic Fun" you may see the new items that we have launched that season.

Please feel free to check out www.basicfun.com to see our latest and greatest toys in case you see others you want. After the Twinkle Eyed Ponies, we plan on showing retailers the following to see if they want to sell them for us:

WOW!!  So (if the retailers will pick them up) they will be releasing the Flower Fantasy ponies from Year 10 / 1992!  No one saw this coming!!

I don't know if they specifically wanted a set of three ponies or if they really like lace or what, but that set is hard to find . . . In all my years of collecting (since the late 90s) I only ever found one in the wild!

For those unfamiliar with them, here are pics of them from My Little Wiki:

Spoilervisitors can't see pics , please register or login

The one with purple hair (Love Petal?) is a long time want of mine so I'm pretty excited!   It also sounds like they want to sell them individually AND as a three-pack, which might make it easier to get all three.

The other good news is it sounds like they are game to keep producing retro ponies as long as they can find retailers to carry them, which is a relief.  I was sort of worried that they would stop after Target bailed.  (Of course I'd like to see the retros distributed more widely, but I will take limited distribution over cancellation any day . . . I hope the TEs sell so well that Target and other retailers want them again.)

Now the other question is . . . If the Flower Fantasies are planned for Fall 2022, what is planned for Spring 2022?  Nothing?  Still the Twinkle Eyes, since their distribution was slowed down by the port issues?  Some other set?  Hopefully we'll get answers at the New York Toy Fair or before!

Leave a Whisper:
They are just hop skip n jumping around with these sets. Cool results Lady M! :hifive:

Wardah:
This seems to throw the idea that they need to get the pony first out of the water since they are hard to find.

starscout:
Can't wait to see them, especially Sweet Blossom! :lovey: Thanks for sharing.

Snapdragon:
THE HEADLINE ON THIS POST TOPIC HAS ME ROLLING!! :lmao: DOCTORS HATE HER! :lmao:

I'm so excited you heard back from them, and even got a pony to boot!! How lovely!! I hope they were encouraged by your letter, and I VERY much hope we will get flower fantasy ponies someday!!! :frolic: I still don't have originals, so it would be very cool to finally have a whole set!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version