collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: As requested...unboxing Sweet Stuff and Sky Rocket! Also...some comparison pics.  (Read 676 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Sorry it took me an extra day to get to them, but I unboxed the rest of the Basic Fun Twinkle-Eyed set. I added Gingerbread's photos to the Fizzy thread, and here I will post Sweet Stuff and Sky Rocket.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here is Sweet Stuff! She's so pretty!

Here are some comparison photos of her with my original girl, who is, unfortunately, not that lovely. I thought I had sunfaded her head/body mismatch to an acceptable level, but pulling her out from a couple of months in storage, I see she has gone back to the way she was. She has a scraped eye and some unfortunate chew marks, but I believe that despite her slight discoloration, she is an accurate enough specimen to determine that the new Sweet Stuff is probably spot-on as far as matching the original color. Obviously the new one is brighter, but she looks to be the same shade that old SS might have been. Her eyes are pretty close as well.

Now introducing...Sky Rocket!

My original SR is really nice, as far as Sky Rockets go. Minimal discoloration, and decent eyes. But...this is interesting...the eyes on my original have more of a green or aqua tinge to them, where the new ones are blue with a slight purple iridescence to them. I compared them to Gingerbread's eyes, and they aren't quite the same-Gingy's are straight up blue. So maybe they just couldn't match the odd shade of her original eyes.

My Sky Rocket had these silver marks in between the rows of mane plugs...also one more on the outside of her mane. Not sure if they are guide marks from production or what. It looks like silver Sharpie. It doesn't really bother me too much, and maybe it will come off.

Another interesting observation: Sky Rocket's mane is rooted backwards compared to Gingy's and Sweet Stuff's-the long side of plugs is on the right (as you look at her head-on), where the long side is on the left on the other 2. I need to dig out the other set I bought to see if they are consistent with this, but I already put them away at the back of a basement closet for Christmas!

Stickers and combs!

I should have added these to the Fizzy post, but I'm lazy, so I'll just add them here. To say that my original Fizzy is just 'not lovely' is the understatement of the year. Let's face it: she got in a fight with a dragon and lost. I was planning on rehairing her when I got sick, and she got packed up with all my other restoration projects. I'll get to her someday when I get some arm strength back again for reroots, I promise! But I pulled her out of convalescence to put her horn-to-horn with my new girl...pretty close in body and eye color, really! Even under all that dirt (or is it char and bits of cinders from her hair after that dragon attack?)

One major observation is that the eyes on the new ponies are a bit bigger than the originals. Perhaps this was just the size of jewels that were available, and they just rolled with it. It doesn't detract from their cuteness, though! I hope you all enjoyed these posts and love the new TEs as much as I do!

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
Sweet Stuff is one of my all time favorites, and she's just as adorable as ever in this release. Thanks for sharing!

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I never realized that Sky Rocket had more green-blue eyes as I never paid much attention. Gorgeous girls, thank you for the comparison pics.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Sweet Stuff is one of my all time favorites, and she's just as adorable as ever in this release. Thanks for sharing!

You're so welcome! I love her too!

Post Merge: November 12, 2021, 10:15:03 AM

I never realized that Sky Rocket had more green-blue eyes as I never paid much attention. Gorgeous girls, thank you for the comparison pics.

I never realized it either until I compared them! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 10:15:03 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Thank you so much for these. I  don't have any of the originals. I've owned them all at some point but passed them on due to condition being iether too good or too poor! They are lovely.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
They look so amazing, definitely the most accurate set I think! I was bothered by the other repros having backward manes compared to the originals but it seems like they made an effort to correct this with the TE set.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
pretty, thanks for sharing!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kid80

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Yeeesssss!!! LadyAmalthea, thanks so much for all these pics! I especially appreciate the comparison photos because I also don't own any of the originals in this set.

I noticed that, compared against the original TE's, the Basic Fun set doesn't seem to have blush. Is that accurate or does it just not come through in the photos?

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for these. I  don't have any of the originals. I've owned them all at some point but passed them on due to condition being iether too good or too poor! They are lovely.

You're welcome! Much of this set didn't age well, it seems, and I've passed on a few of them (Gingerbread, looking at you!) because they were either too nice (=expensive) or too poor. It's nice that we hopefully all have the chance to own a good one, as long as the distribution gets better.

Post Merge: November 13, 2021, 07:01:46 AM

They look so amazing, definitely the most accurate set I think! I was bothered by the other repros having backward manes compared to the originals but it seems like they made an effort to correct this with the TE set.

I agree they are the most accurate! The backward manes bugged me too, especially the ones with a stripe where you couldn't reverse it, or when the pony had an obvious display side but the mane went the other way. I just wish they had forelocks! Oh well. They are still lovely!

Post Merge: November 13, 2021, 07:02:25 AM

pretty, thanks for sharing!

You are so welcome! Happy to share them  :)

Post Merge: November 13, 2021, 07:09:19 AM

Yeeesssss!!! LadyAmalthea, thanks so much for all these pics! I especially appreciate the comparison photos because I also don't own any of the originals in this set.

I noticed that, compared against the original TE's, the Basic Fun set doesn't seem to have blush. Is that accurate or does it just not come through in the photos?

No problem! You know, you're right about the blush...I just checked them, and they don't have any! I guess I missed that. I had to tear into a storage box to check some of my others Basic Funs, and they have it...very light in most cases, but they do have it. These don't have any at all!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 07:09:19 AM by LadyAmalthea »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal