collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unboxing Fizzy!! Lots of pics. UPDATED: Gingerbread!  (Read 683 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Unboxing Fizzy!! Lots of pics. UPDATED: Gingerbread!
« on: November 11, 2021, 10:31:30 AM »
Hey all! :) I haven't been on here much lately...I was dealing with some health concerns and I was not feeling too great about my collections for a while there. But the search for the Basic Fun Twinkle Eye ponies has gotten me a little excited again, and I finally found them this morning at Meijer! I made the trip solely for the purpose of looking for these, because I had a sort-of free morning, and the first store I tried was a bust. I did pick up Lickety and Cherries Jubilee there, so it wasn't a complete waste, and I almost didn't try the second store because it involved crossing town in the pouring rain and I figured both stores would have the same stock, but I figured I'd gone this far, so I schlepped out there and wasn't sorry I did!

I know some people on here were curious about their eyes and how they compared to the originals, so I thought I'd post some pics for you! I opened Fizzy first. She is beautiful!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She comes with a sticker! A welcome surprise, since the last set does not appear to have had them.

The box art is lovely!

This was annoying. I hate that they package the hair this way, but I've never seen product or glue put in the hair to secure it before, and I had to really work to get the ends free. I'll have to wash her hair to get it out.

Close up of her eyes. They look really good! I think you guys are really going to be happy with these. Basic Fun didn't let us down!

A front few of the eyes...I was hoping to be able to capture the sheen of them, but I'm not sure how well these will show up on here...I always seem to lose picture quality once I run them through the 3rd party site.

As you can see, I couldn't even wait to get them out of the car and into the house before tearing into one of them! I think she is just so stunning, and I hope they make the rest of the TE set. They did a really good job on these, I think; the colors seem more accurate than previous sets, and I can tell BF really wanted to get these right. This is my favorite set yet!! If anyone wants to see up close photos of the others, let me know, and I'll add them to this post...I didn't want to overwhelm the thread though.

**Update**

Here is Gingerbread!! I'll post a few more of her, and then maybe I'll start a separate thread for Sweet Stuff and Sky Rocket so no one has problems with the photos loading.

She is bright white and beautiful!! She doesn't have a forelock, which I have noticed some of the Basic Fun ponies do and others don't, regardless of their original design. I don't have an original Gingerbread to compare her to, as I never found a decent white one at a price I wanted to pay. Again, her hair had some sort of product in the ends to keep it from sliding out of that packaging strip, but it seemed easier to remove than Fizzy's. I hope her white isn't prone to discoloration; I've seen several BF Gustys online lately that are already yellowing or getting head/body mismatch.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 06:54:21 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unboxing Fizzy!! Lots of pics.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 10:49:03 AM »
I'm so super jealous! Congratulations! And I hope you feel better soon. :hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 10:58:41 AM »
I wanna see all of them!  :freak: :wail:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 11:06:32 AM »
She's so beautiful!!!! :whoa: congrats!! Love that you unboxed in the car - I would have done the same. We don't have Meijer around these parts so will have to figure out another way of getting hold of her.. man. Those eyes are great.

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 11:07:13 AM »
She's so beautiful!!!! :whoa: congrats!! Love that you unboxed in the car - I would have done the same. We don't have Meijer around these parts so will have to figure out another way of getting hold of her.. man. Those eyes are great.

Meijer let's you order online.

Offline SweetNightmare

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*uᴥu *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*
    • View Profile
    • My Carrd.co
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 11:43:16 AM »
Hope you feel better soon :heart:

At least it looks like you're one of the first people to properly document those ponies. I think she looks really good, I love her green color, so bright!
Hopefully they show up on online stores soon.
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚visitors can't see pics , please register or login
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

My Checklist || My Wishlist || My Carrd.co
Signature by  starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 06:02:53 PM »
ooooooo pretty shiny
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 08:19:35 PM »
I'm so super jealous! Congratulations! And I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Thank you LaW! Things are starting to look up a little bit, finally. I hope you can find them soon! They are so pretty.

Post Merge: November 11, 2021, 08:23:59 PM

I wanna see all of them!  :freak: :wail:

I'll try to post them tomorrow...my day got crazy today and I was hoping to at least open Gingerbread (since she's the only one I don't have an original of!), but it didn't happen. I'm chomping at the bit to see them better!   :cry:

Post Merge: November 11, 2021, 08:28:52 PM

Thank you! Yes, I had to restrain myself in the Meijer parking lot, so I opened her in my driveway before my kids could see, haha. The eyes are awesome!  :) If anyone really can't find these, I'm happy to go back and snag what I can and help get them to anyone who needs 'em...it sucks that someplace a little more widespread like Target doesn't carry them anymore.  :pout:

Post Merge: November 11, 2021, 08:34:24 PM

Meijer let's you order online.

Oh I hope they do! I tried to go to Meijer online before I left and typed My Little Pony in the search bar (I was hoping to save myself a trip if they weren't available!) but only 4 items popped up and they were all G5. I knew I had found Tootsie and Posey there a few weeks ago though, so I figured I'd try the store anyway. The website said something like 'not all items are available online', so I figured this was one of them. They might still pop up on there soon though...I had the feeling this store just put these out, because there were so many.

Post Merge: November 11, 2021, 08:37:47 PM

Hope you feel better soon :heart:

At least it looks like you're one of the first people to properly document those ponies. I think she looks really good, I love her green color, so bright!
Hopefully they show up on online stores soon.

Thanks for the well-wishes...things are starting to look better for me, thankfully! Yes, that green is stunning...I have to dig out my vintage Fizzy to compare them. All of them look pretty spot-on as far as color goes! I hope they show up in online stores, too.

Post Merge: November 11, 2021, 08:45:26 PM

Thank you everyone for the well-wishes...I received a scary diagnosis back in August, I had wanted to post about it but didn't really know the appropriate place for something like that. Anyway, after a couple of surgeries, I think I'm in the clear, at least for now.

I've been informed that there was a link in my original post that when clicked, went to a NSFW site apparently...it must have been a glitch from the 3rd party site I used. I (hopefully successfully) edited it, but I apologize that it was there, and if anyone happened to click on it. I certainly didn't intend for anything other than pony pictures on here! Maybe I need to find a new pic hosting site.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 08:45:26 PM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 09:08:23 PM »
:( Crossing my fingers that you'll be and stay in the clear.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 09:18:10 PM »
she is very pretty!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal