collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cats Vs Pickles  (Read 6603 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Cats Vs Pickles
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2021, 06:53:29 AM »
You guys are a bunch of enablers, you know that? :P I'd been trying not to look too closely at these guys, but ever since this thread's been made I've been wanting to go and look at them... I got one last night. :P I think his name is Groovy Cat, he's a little pink disco one. So cute! I was looking at the site today and I'm impressed at how many characters they have already, so much variety! Not a fan of the pickles, but the cats are soooo cute X3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »
I got my first duplicate: Astro-cat! Thankfully these seem to sell well on Mercari, I'll have to post her soon. :P
You guys are a bunch of enablers, you know that? :P

:silly:

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 01:01:43 PM »
idk if anyone else in the UK is collecting these, but in case they are, just a heads up - Smyths Toys has a "buy one get one free" offer for the regular-sized plushies right now! :> Great excuse to get more kitties, hee hee.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »
Jealous!!

My Five Below ran out of them. They have the figures, so I have a few of those now. Found them at Target, though! I got GUMBO!!!! My absolute favorite right now.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2022, 02:14:46 PM »
Aaaaa I didn't realize there were figures too!! They must not be out here yet, I haven't seen 'em. Just looked up pics of them though and omg they're cute! I hope we get them in the UK soon.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2022, 06:11:11 PM »
Two spinoff lines are set to come out:
http://www.instagram.com/p/CafJqz-Okzk/
Dogs vs Squirls and Kittens vs Gherkins. There's a couple of pics of DvS floating around the 'net but so far the only other pics I can find of KvG are in this blog entry.

Can't say the dogs or squirrels are doing it for me (weird faces...), but the kittens look cute, hope we get better pics of them soon.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2022, 09:01:15 AM »
Oh nooooo, I don't need more of these! XD

I'm glad that the franchise is evolving! I hope they continue to make the originals, though. I definitely like the cats more than the dogs and squirrels. I don't like the kittens at all, unfortunately. I don't like when they make baby animals by dressing them in human baby clothes or giving them pacifiers. The dogs are cute! I especially like when they add the fluffy ears.

Oh man that blog entry is so awesome! I definitely want the Claud Monete pretty kitty. Also I love that she refers to the big versions as "chonks". XD

Post Merge: March 04, 2022, 09:08:39 AM

It's so hard to find specific kitties in the 'wild'... either they come in blind boxes or you have to hope to find a box of loose ones before other people have picked through it.

I think maybe ebay would be the best if you're looking for specific characters. Especially since each wave can apparently be anywhere from like 40 to 100+ characters? o.0 The odds of finding a specific one in a store would be hard!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 09:08:39 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2022, 09:39:07 AM »
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the pacifiers either, I hope not all of the kittens have those.

I've had a devil of a time trying to find all the kitties I'm after, doesn't help that we're having a lot of distribution issues over here recently (at least toy-wise!). The waves are sort of confusingly set up too, the distribution doesn't seem to really correspond to their numbers or anything...?

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »
I love the dogs and squirrels! I don't love the babies.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Moonlight_Mystery

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2022, 04:30:24 PM »
I considered buying these as they were sold at the store i use to work at. But the more I looked at it the more I realized how meh the product was. I specifcally hate the sew lines on the big ones, I circled them. Plus they're at least to me expensive. ($20)

“Animals don't behave like men,' he said. 'If they have to fight, they fight; and if they have to kill they kill. But they don't sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures' lives and hurting them. They have dignity and animality.”
<3
[it/its] pronouns

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 05:26:04 PM »
Yeah the production quality isn't all that great, I can see that the base color of the fabric for each cat is white, so the colors are just printed straight on the fabric (especially evident around the seams). But really, I'm not going to judge a $5 bean bag toy. XD I think the price is right for the small ones. I'm going to pass on the $20 larger sizes.

So recently I've been scouring through ebay looking for specific characters I like so I can scoop them up~ I have a growing army lol. Unfortunately they are trendy right now so ebay prices are gouging... A lot are listed at $10 - $20 each for something I would pay $5 for in store!  :sad:

It's interesting to me, I didn't realize how much variety there is for this franchise. The original size is the 4" bean bag guys. They come either in an assorted box (so you can see who you want to buy) or in blind bag style packages.

There's also "chonk" size, which is slightly bigger, 6". Chonk is actually the official name for this size, which cracks me up. XD I don't think they're available in blind bags, just in box assortments.

I got a cute ramen-themed chonk guy! Here he is with two of my little guys.

There's also an even BIGGER size! :O I don't know what these are called, but we have a ton of them at my work. They're maybe 10"? We haven't gotten any of the original size in a while. And we never got the Chonk size (I found Ramen at Target).

(Oh, I was just doing a google search and it seems like this size is called Jumbo.)

And there's also a "longcat" version that is like a body pillow? They're called Huggers lol. I haven't seen these in person, just pics online. They're 20" apparently.

It's slightly annoying that some characters, like Skelecat, are available in multiple different sizes so you can get him however you like, but some characters are exclusive to the much larger sizes. (Which I'm resisting buying because I don't have a lot of room and don't want to spend $20 on each lol)

AND on top of four different sizes for the plush, we also now have vinyl figure bling bags that come with little stands. I don't think any of these are new characters, I think they're just copies of the characters from the first plush wave.

Wow! So there's a LOT to this brand, and like we mentioned, kittens and dogs and squirrels are coming soon as well! Pretty amazing.

Along with distribution problems, another problem is that it's hard to find a place online that lists all the characters together, by wave. The official website doesn't have a full list, and even the fan wiki is still heavily under construction. I haven't been able to find one place online that lists every character there is.

But still, I think this is a really cute idea for a plush toy collection, and I am having fun searching ebay for affordable cuties.  :satisfied:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2022, 05:13:22 AM »
Yeah, I hope they release some of the bigger-size-only characters in bean size eventually, there's some really nice designs in the bigger sizes but I'm REALLY trying to limit myself to just the beans, I don't have room for anything larger than that! XD Plus the bigger ones just aren't as snuggly IMO, I prefer the beanies.

Haven't seen the figures over here but I'm hoping they'll show up soon, they're super cute :lovey:

I agree the price is great for what they are. A lot of toys nowadays I think are just a little bit too pricey for what you get, but a fiver for the beans is just right.

Along with distribution problems, another problem is that it's hard to find a place online that lists all the characters together, by wave. The official website doesn't have a full list, and even the fan wiki is still heavily under construction. I haven't been able to find one place online that lists every character there is.

This has REALLY been bugging me >_< I did find an official checklist on their Facebook page, but not only are some of the cats blanked out (I guess they're future releases and they want to keep them a surprise? But I still don't get why these have numbers if they're just going to release them in a totally random order anyway...), but it's still missing some of the ones that are already out! Plus there's two pictured on the side of one of the multipacks that I haven't been able to find anywhere else... Wizard of Paws and another one whose name I can't recall off the top of my head. Not sure what's up with that. I love them but I do wish it was easier to find a 100% complete list of all the characters.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2022, 01:13:02 PM »
This is the best I can offer. :P It goes up to the Holiday 2021 wave.

I'll be too busy with G5 to really seriously edit this going forward, oops! Maybe I can try to squeeze in a few listings here or there.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2022, 05:16:36 PM »
Haha thank you tealeaf!

It is definitely weird that they skip around numbers so much... Maybe it means something to them, like an internal number system in the company or something. :shrug: Or maybe it's just to drive collectors batty...

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2022, 07:57:40 PM »
I really hate the number system!! I think there's at least one cat that has two numbers depending on if you're on the site or the collectors sheet. :(

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal