Creativity > Arts & Crafts Corral

How much would you charge for acrylic paintings?

(1/2) > >>

The-Extravagant-Pony:
I typically sell sewn work so I'm not too familiar with pricing for paintings. I've been painting quite a bit lately though and I'm working on a few acrylic paintings with g1 style art. How much should I charge?

Shaiyeh:
I'd say it depends on how big the piece is, if it's background/no background etc. It's hard to give a general estimate. Can you post an example?

You could also look into selling prints of your art. That tends to move better, and you can sell the same piece multiple times, so to speak. But, give us some ideas of size, style, etc, and I'm sure we can help out!
:lovey:

The-Extravagant-Pony:

--- Quote from: Shaiyeh on November 06, 2021, 03:52:27 PM ---I'd say it depends on how big the piece is, if it's background/no background etc. It's hard to give a general estimate. Can you post an example?

You could also look into selling prints of your art. That tends to move better, and you can sell the same piece multiple times, so to speak. But, give us some ideas of size, style, etc, and I'm sure we can help out!
:lovey:

--- End quote ---

I'll definitely take pics! I'll have to try posting on IG and linking the post here though because I can't get back Into my Flickr account.  :(

Here's a small non pony painting that I just need to seal.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CV87oRGFgDj/?utm_medium=copy_link
This one is 4" X 6" . I'd make the paintings in various sizes.
I'm working on a Sugarberry painting currently. :)

vampyrefay:
Usually its the price of supplies + what you think your hourly wage should be for your time spent × the hours spent working and shipping as a side thing

So say you spent $5 total in supplies for this one project but you think you deserve $8hr and you spent 4hrs on the project, thats 5 + (8x4) so you would price it at $37 plus shipping

Snapdragon:
I was price-checking on Etsy to see how much I should price my mini canvases for - people out there are charging $5! Like, dude! Painting in miniature is HARDER, I'm not sure what those guys are doing out there! :lmao: So unfortunately there will always be a wide variance of prices, so make sure you charge what feels fair for your size and level of detail!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version