collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: About Feminine things  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
Re: About Feminine things
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2021, 04:19:46 PM »
One thing I loved about FIM is that each pony was feminine in her own way and never less than. Being a girl is fun and amazing. <3 Random online chats are usually very toxic.

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2021, 05:06:13 PM »
One thing I loved about FIM is that each pony was feminine in her own way and never less than. Being a girl is fun and amazing. <3 Random online chats are usually very toxic.

Agreed! There's no one way to be a girl, and it's great to see that in media, especially when it's aimed towards girls. A lot of the movies and shows I grew up with depicted the more stereotypical feminine characters as dumb or evil. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I think that partially contributed to my "not like the other girls" phase. Anyways, I really appreciated the Diamond Dogs episode of FiM for its message that femininity does not equal weakness.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2021, 07:29:45 PM »
I agree that females are often depicted as lacking in agency and two-dimensional in mainstream media storytelling. I think that has changed a lot recently but then I watch a lot of Netflix.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline DreamsofUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2021, 11:29:06 AM »
I agree that females are often depicted as lacking in agency and two-dimensional in mainstream media storytelling. I think that has changed a lot recently but then I watch a lot of Netflix.
netflix is a pretty popular option for media
but yes I would agree
I hope pipp will continue that trend
Just trying to make everyone happy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal