Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Opinion on unicorn horns?

<< < (3/6) > >>

InkyMilk:
I'm pretty happy with just about any unicorn style...long, short, stubby, slender, spiral, matching body color, gold, crystal, shimmery, just about anything goes! The only thing that I actively dislike is if they're not straight or solid. Curved horns look super weird to me in a very unattractive way, and I hated Chrysalis' jagged horn. I did give Tempest Shadow a break though since her horn was injured and not naturally meant to look that way. Otherwise, if the horn is straight, I think they're all pretty or cute in their own way.

Snapdragon:
Oooh what a fun topic! I didn't realize I had strong opinions on unicorn horns until now! :lmao:

So I generally like The Last Unicorn type horns as well; long, spiral, of a similar color to the body. Pearlescent or shimmery make sense, or if it's white like bone; like a narwhal, basically! (If we consider a unicorn a biological reality, then a horn would be bone!) I get a little squinty when horns are gold or the like, because it feels more 'tacked on' and less like it grew naturally; for that reason, I really like MLP horns, because even if it's the same color as the body, it makes sense because it's obviously connected! Basically, the more a horn can look like it's a natural part of the body, the more I like it.

DreamsofUnicorn:
to contrast everyone here I really like how different G5's horns are.
But to agree with everyone else I do like 'em long. G4 mention goes to Mistmane and her tribe.
Also do the kirin count? 'cus I like those.

Luxrayx:
Oh right, I forgot the kirin had horns! I guess the shape and angle makes it read more like a singular antler to me... now I'd be curious to see a branched horn on a unicorn...

brightberry:
For My Little Pony, I like the G1 style best.  Twirled and the same color as the body, is really cute.  But, that doesn't mean that I'll get upset if they're not that way on other generations.  G1 will always be there for me.

And as for other art forms, I like them all.  It's neat to see how other artists interpret the unicorn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version