collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How are you celebrating Halloween?

Going all out! Dressing up, decorations, handing out candy!
2 (8%)
Some decorations, maybe doing candy
4 (16%)
Keeping it small
10 (40%)
I don't celebrate it / it's not a thing here
7 (28%)
Other?
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Halloween! Are you celebrating?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Halloween! Are you celebrating?
« on: October 10, 2021, 04:29:35 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I know this question is hard because of Covid. Try to answer as best you can! :spider:

Usually, I would decorate inside for myself but since moving I don't have a lot of decor. Almost everything is still at my parents house. The local kids aren't allowed to Trick or Treat door to door here, instead they can get a goodie bag from the office. The office also holds some contests, like coloring, there's bingo, prizes for outside decorations, last year they gave away slices of pumpkin pie :)

So I guess I'm not doing much of anything. Waiting for candy to go on sale :P

How about you? :blackcat:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween! Are you celebrating?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 04:32:36 AM »
I will watch creepypastas in the evening.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 07:56:52 AM »
Probably going to keep it small. I love Halloween but it's not a thing here traditionally. Those who follow the Lutheran faith, even nominally, will probably bring candles to loved ones' graves on the All Saints' Day, but that's about it for acknowledging the day (and the date of the holiday is not fixed, it's always on a Saturday between 31st October and 6 November). That said, of course they've been trying to introduce the commercial version of Halloween for years, so you can find special Halloween candy, costumes, and cheap decorations in the stores here as well.

I'm all for celebrating Halloween and even did some trick or treating already about 15-20 years ago with my friends. I think it's a fun tradition and would be happy to give out some candy if anyone came behind my door. :)  But many people here absolutely detest the idea of something they perceive as an unnecessary American thing and will go "bah, humbug!" :P (I don't think many are even aware of the origins of Halloween...) I guess it doesn't help that because of our shifting All Saints' Day, there is no consensus about the "correct" evening for celebrating Halloween and going trick or treating. Some will do it on Oct 31st, others on the eve of All Saints' Day.

The Arena isn't the least of the reasons I've started to love Halloween. And thanks to swaps, I have a decent sized stash of Halloween decorations. :lol: So I will decorate for my own enjoyment (and my husband's, although I'm not sure he shares my excitement), light some candles and lanterns, maybe cook or bake something with pumpkin, watch a horror film if I feel like it. I would *love* to do a Halloween party again! When I was a student we would sometimes go to Halloween student parties with costumes and all. I kind of miss that. Maybe I should see if a couple of friends would like to come over this year. :jack:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 08:28:34 AM »
Not exactly.  Even if it weren't for all this going on,my daughter got her braces this year and most Halloween goodies are things she can't have. We'll settle in for some spooky movies and she can dress up.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 08:47:37 AM »
Not going anywhere, but will have stuff set up in the house
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 04:46:50 PM »
I don’t celebrate Halloween, but I’m going to put more decorative lights in my yard and inside my home. Although I am not religious I take candles to my grandparents ’grave.  :heart:
Even though I don’t celebrate, I still love everything Halloween related!  :hearts: I like to watch things that stores put up for sale at the time and sometimes I might buy them, like black skull candles, decorative skulls, artificial spider webs, etc. because I love everything gloomy and scary.  :devious:
I sometimes want to buy a pumpkin and make it a lantern. I just haven’t dared, I’m afraid it will fail.  :scared:
I’ve sometimes done so with apples and they became pretty nice, but they don’t last that well.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 08:23:02 PM »
Going to help in an ingame Haunted House but as far as rl, only thing I'll do is maybe watch something Halloween related.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 09:24:40 PM »
Don't have much of a choice but to keep it small unfortunately, as it is my favorite holiday. But my mom is a vendor at a local antique mall so our house has a lot of clutter when it comes to stuff she's planning to put in there lol. So nowhere to decorate, really... we have a cute plush pumpkin decoration in the bathroom though, better than nothing I suppose. I wish we had the space to go all out!

I am planning on playing some horror games on Halloween when I'm not at work though, but I guess I've just been doing that lately anyway...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 01:45:46 PM »
Im doing the classic scary films with my hubby and an old one called the dead of night also some MR James ghost stories made in to Feature length spooky dramas 👻💀🤡👽

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 02:07:06 PM »
Not a big thing in my house, I will only be watching and here’s a list of DVDs/Blur Rays:

Spooky House
Fantasia (Only movie I watch in the dark)
The Shining
The Shining TV series
Nightmare Before Christmas (also watch that at Christmas)
Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 03:17:28 PM »
I wish I could go all out for Halloween this year!  I've already decorated my place in tons of Nightmare Before Christmas decor and am wearing my Jack Skellington "costume" (really just pajamas that look like Jack LOL).  Unfortunately, we have no neighbors since we live about 10 acres from any other person, so any candy we get will be for my mom, dad, and myself.  We will be watching Nightmare, Hocus Pocus, and a couple other movies that my mom can enjoy along with us. 

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »
I put up a few decorations and I have a bowl of candy and toys ready by the door...but last year only about 5 kids came and none the year before, so I don't have high hopes for many trick-or-treaters.  I wanted to do some spooky media things like listening to scary stories and watching movies, but I'm super busy working two jobs right now.   :(
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
I work in a school, so I'll treat my kids there. Id rather say home with the lights off and watch a scary movie on the day of.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 08:29:18 PM »
I'll probably help my parents pass out hot dogs.

(They set up a table and cook hot dogs and have home-made root beer that they pass out to the neighbors as they trick or treat.  We have about an acre in front of our house (most of which is a hill) so they set up by the road.  We also have candy for the kids but this way my parents can talk to the neighbors and they get free dinner.  Our neighborhood only started existing about 2 years ago when the wheat field across from our house was sold and they started building houses on it so this way my parents can meet all the new people that keep building and moving in.  At least the house lots still have to be 2 acres so we won't end up with a bunch of apartments/townhouses even though the single houses took over all the areas that the elk/deer herds used to roam in.)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 02:58:19 PM »
I'll probably help my parents pass out hot dogs.

(They set up a table and cook hot dogs and have home-made root beer that they pass out to the neighbors as they trick or treat.  We have about an acre in front of our house (most of which is a hill) so they set up by the road.  We also have candy for the kids but this way my parents can talk to the neighbors and they get free dinner.  Our neighborhood only started existing about 2 years ago when the wheat field across from our house was sold and they started building houses on it so this way my parents can meet all the new people that keep building and moving in.  At least the house lots still have to be 2 acres so we won't end up with a bunch of apartments/townhouses even though the single houses took over all the areas that the elk/deer herds used to roam in.)

Sounds good.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal