collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do YOU celebrate Halloween?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
How do YOU celebrate Halloween?
« on: September 30, 2021, 03:04:12 PM »
My family doesn't celebrate Halloween, and neither have I since I was 10 (last time trick-or-treating :lookround:) But I'm tired of the fact that we never spend any quality time together except during Christmas, so I'm DETERMINED to throw a proper party for them this year. Whether they want one or not :devious:

I have tons of ideas for snacks and decorations, but I don't want the party to be just sitting around and eating. But my family is such a wide range in terms of age (me and my siblings are in our early 20's-30's, mom and dad are in their 60's and 70's) that I'm having a hard time coming up with party games that will be fun for everyone. I guess I could buy some board games... But I'd LOVE to do something with a little more pizazz! :D (also, I'm not sure my family even likes board games? We've never owned any.)

Sorry if it's too early to post this, I'm just excited (and it's probably October somewhere by now :P) So how do you do it? Do you celebrate Halloween at all?

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU celebrate Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 03:29:58 PM »
Personally, my preferred way to celebrate is simply having a Treehouse of Horror marathon, watching some creepypastas on YouTube by CreepyPastaJr, or maybe even just some horror movie on TV if there's something interesting on.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 03:38:05 PM »
Horror movies and spooky decorations! Or that's how I'd I like to celebrate Halloween at least, my mom's idea of "spooky" is vintage die-cut black cats and I don't know many other people who like horror movies, and they're way more fun to watch with other people. There are some non-horror movies that are good for Halloween as well, most movies from the 80s, anything Addams Family, Over the Garden Wall (which is a show but can be watched in the span of a movie). I would also really like to go to spook alleys and play horror video games, but I'm not really good with jumpscares, so I always chicken out of those ^^'

Also music. I love putting on creepy atmospheric background music and fun halloween songs around this time of year!

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 04:08:15 PM »
You could tell ghost stories or carve pumpkins, if you have them. Dressing up, even if you don't go anywhere can be fun. If you aren't like, afraid of it, you could get a Ouija board and play with that. There's Bloody Mary for a short scare. You could make wax casts of everyone's hand that you can then use for decorations on future years :)

Watching movies is something to definitely do. You can choose classics, modern, scary, or cheesy. Sometimes bad horror movies can be just as fun and good ones :lol:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Rainribbon31

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 05:17:46 PM »
Ditto to what everybody else said. Here are a few more classic Halloween ideas:

* Bobbing for apples
* Making and eating caramel apples
* Pumpkin decorating contest (Not sure how far they're coming but maybe you could collect the pumpkins beforehand, then the night of the party you line them up and have people vote for a favorite. You could also reveal who made which pumpkin which can be funny and surprising).
* Halloween trivia
* Telling scary stories

I love Halloween!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 10:40:27 PM »
I'm not a big horror fan, but love the idea of dressing up, & have many times in the past. I also like the carved lanterns.

I think my Spooky Cabin is to make up for not being able to decorate my whole house. We don't go all out with décor here, though I love the idea
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 05:47:38 AM »
Go trick or treating with kid and/or cousins
Watch Halloween films
Munch goodies
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 08:34:19 AM »
Its not a thing here.  :cry:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 10:05:45 AM »
I make spooky art. Last year I mast the cutie mark crusader bat ponies. This year I have The Owl House ponified and am working on some mane 6 bat pony.

I don't like going out so I don't bother dressing up. No one I want to impress will see me.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 11:56:07 AM »
I prefer Thanksgiving (food!) and general fall to Halloween. I usually carve a pumpkin the day of, though. Last year there were barely any Halloween movies being broadcast...

If I don't work in the evening, then I might hand out candy on the porch.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 03:09:17 PM »
I used to go to Halloween themed raves pre pandemic but staying in I would watch spooky movies (not actual horror, just things like Tim Burton movies and Hocus Pocus and Ghostbusters and such). Tbh I love Halloween and the spooky aesthetics more than actually doing anything if that makes sense.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 07:39:44 AM »
We weren't allowed to do anything related to Hallowe'en when we were kids, because Mum deeply disapproved of trick or treating and the fact sometimes it led to vandal attacks on houses. Not that I ever heard of it happening round here. It actually annoys me that now mum has candy for halloween when she would  not let us trick or treat for it :P But anyway.

I don't really do anything for Hallowe'en. I'm not offended by it and it's quite fun with all the stuff, but I didn't grow up doing it so it seems like extra effort. My sister and her partner do, though. It's his favourite holiday. They decorate with Halloween goodies and carve pumpkins. They're both really good at it, they've done some amazing ones over the years. I think they also do a spooky movie marathon - both are film graduates and have a ridiculous number of DVDs between them. Sister especially likes watching cheesy horror movies around this time of the year.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 06:22:04 AM »
This might be too juvenile for your age range, but we used to do this thing where we would have bowls of "body parts" that people could dip their hands into while blindfolded.  Peeled grapes for eyes, cooked noodles for intestines, I can't remember the others but I bet you could find a list online.

We also did a "haunted trail" with grisly scenes that people would walk past, but you do need lots of space and good weather for that, as well as materials and live people or mannequins (we used a combo of live people and clothes stuffed to look like people) to be in the scenes. This great fun if the adults have been drinking  :lol:. You could do it in a basement or outdoors I bet.

Other ideas: costumes, charades with a spooky theme, play creepy noises in the background, have a scary story telling contest.

Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 05:50:13 PM »
I answered in another thread, but I'll answer here too!! I'm gonna watch scary/bad movies with my partner and eat candy. I live in the boonies so we don't get trick or treaters, sadly.
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal