collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 24786 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2021, 12:02:50 PM »
I lost another 2 pounds.  :cheer: I'm down 9 pounds in 8 weeks.   

I need to get back to tracking more faithfully than I have been lately.  Even when I don't use an app to track I try to watch my portion sizes and kind of track it in my head.   I'm using the free version of My Fitness Pal right now but My Net Diary sounds like a good app too.

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2021, 11:36:11 AM »
I have decided I need to go through my stuff again. It's so hard not moving every 2 years anymore.  I've been buying a lot of craft supplies and realized that I have a ton of other supplies that I no longer need or intend to use so I'm going to have to do a purge.  I think I'm also going to downsize my MLPs.  I will definitely keep my G1s, as they were my childhood ponies but I'm just not as attached to the other gens.  I boxed up my G3s a couple of years ago with the intent to rehome them and then didn't do it because there was too much snow, and then I tore my ACL and couldn't walk and then COVID hit so they're still boxed up in the closet.  I have a ton of G4 duplicates that I'd set aside for customs but I just don't think I'll have the time to do that many so I'll be going through those and only keeping the ones that I have a definite design for.  So now I have to decide if I want to donate them to local charities or do a giveaway on here or something.  I'm leaning towards the giveaway so that I won't be tempted to re-buy them if I find them "in the wild" at the thrift stores I donated them to. :lol:  I think with the G4s I might make up boxes of the Mane six with all their accessories (if I can identify them as being specific to that pony).  So I'll have a Fluttershy box and a Rainbow Dash box, etc.  Not sure when, exactly, I'll get this stuff done but I plan to work on it on Sundays since that's the day I'll have the most time to dedicate to it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2021, 11:05:36 AM »
I hope your downsizing goes well, Pokeonekenobie. 

I gained a pound this week.  It's the first time I've gained since I started dieting and taking the Slim Shots.  I'm sure I can lose it again though.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2021, 03:27:31 PM »
Thanks, Ponyfan.  I'm a little bit stuck just because I'm not entirely sure what to do with all these ponies.  I don't know if I ought to offer them up for sale or put them in boxes and do a mystery box giveaway.  There are a ton of the mane 6, so unless someone has an army they'd like to contribute to, I'm not sure anyone wants them.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2021, 12:49:29 PM »

People make lots of things with resin.  Some people make jewelry, some people make statues, some people make coasters.  There are a bunch of things you can make with it.  Epoxy Resin is the most popular, and it comes in 2 parts that you mix together and then you pour it into a mold and let it cure, usually for at least 24 hours. If you don't mix it properly, it won't cure and there's nothing you can do but scrap the piece and start over.  If you stir too vigorously or don't pour carefully, you'll end up with bubbles in your piece.  When it's done curing you can pop it out of the mold and you have a resin piece.  UV Resin requires UV light to set up, so I use a small UV lamp but you can also use sunlight to cure it.  The UV lamp makes it set up in a matter of minutes and is commonly used for smaller things like jewelry.

My friend makes jewelry, keychains, and jewelry boxes with her resin.  My sister makes tumblers and boxes. I'm going to do "Nerd" crafts.  For example, the molds that I made this week are the 16 Pokémon Oreos (I went through 9 packages of Pokémon Oreos to find the best ones to use) and I plan to make the resin Oreos into coasters and try a few other things with them.

You can find videos on how to do it on YouTube (that's what I've been watching a TON of).  I prepped my molds tonight.  If I can find the time I want to try pouring resin into the molds tomorrow after work.

Is it like Aves Apoxie sculpt? Sounds Fun!!

Not quite.  According to the internet Apoxie Sculpt is like a mix between clay and resin.  The resin that I'm playing with starts out as a liquid and has to be poured into a mold.  You can't really mold it on its own.  The resin is also affected by temperature and humidity so since it's been raining I haven't wanted to do too much with it just yet.  Maybe later in the week I'll get a chance to try something.

Thank you Pokeyonekenobie for Explaining that too me  :biggrin: Still sounds fun :D

I lost another 2 pounds.  :cheer: I'm down 9 pounds in 8 weeks.   

I need to get back to tracking more faithfully than I have been lately.  Even when I don't use an app to track I try to watch my portion sizes and kind of track it in my head.   I'm using the free version of My Fitness Pal right now but My Net Diary sounds like a good app too.
Ponyfan

I gained a pound this week.  It's the first time I've gained since I started dieting and taking the Slim Shots.  I'm sure I can lose it again though.

Ponyfan

Your still doing very well Ponyfan don't let 1 pound get you down. Your down 9ibs in 8 weeks and on the 9th week you gained 1 so your still technically down 8 pounds from your original weight YOUR DOING FANTASTIC!!! KEEP IT UP!! :cheer:
we will all have our ups and downs when we go through weight loss... I have been staying the same between 306 and 300 so hopefully I can keep it off this next time I go down.

I have Fantastic Article for those who want to lose weight.
https://www.goodto.com/wellbeing/diets-exercise/what-is-calorie-how-many-lose-weigt-425557
its kind of a long article but its very informal for counting calories and how many you should eat to lose weight.
I'll go through the sum of it but You should read it for yourself...
It starts explaining what a calorie is and you need to burn 3,500 Calories just to burn 1 pound of fat. so in that you need to eat 500 or 1,000 calories less everyday in order to lose weight. it will show you how much calories you eat in a day how many it takes to stay the same. it will go through how active you are so if your a very active person, your an 1.9 on the activity scale and that will be measured in as well. or if your a couch potato or Sedentary like me 1.4 (Light activity and moderate activity is also calculated)
I'll Do mine first
for an example and this is just part of the article there is more tipps with in the article on Calorie counting.

After calculating my BMR in the article --->2099.95 calories then times x 1.4 (Which is my Activity Number) = 2,939.93 then Minus - 1,000 cal per day to get 1,939.93 calories to get as my goal. if i want to lose 2 ibs of weight each week. I rounded it too 1,600 calories as my goal in myfitnesspal app
i think it gives me a great visual overall about calories.
so let me know if its helpful or not.

https://www.goodto.com/wellbeing/burn-calories-without-trying-68231
& this was in it too as a side article... about how many calories it takes to do everyday work.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2021, 01:38:16 PM »
So I asked one of the ladies I work with if she thought her girls would like some ponies.  And she said that they'd love some.  Then I asked another co-worker if her kids wanted some and she said sure!  Then I asked another co-worker if her son would like some ponies and she said, "I know my husband would like it if my son liked ponies."  I had no idea he was a fan.  So basically all my G4s (except the few I am keeping) are going to go to my co-workers' kids or nieces.  That makes me happy because they are toys and should be enjoyed as such instead of sitting in boxes under my bed and in the closet.  Most of them are Mane 6 variations so I don't feel too bad about dumping them on my co-workers. 

My G3 ponies, on the other hand, are still boxed up from 2017, when I was going to do a giveaway and then the weather was too bad to go to the post office, and then I tore my ACL and then Covid hit so I'll probably still do a giveaway on the arena for those.  But I need to clear out things so that I can get to them first...

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2021, 11:20:32 AM »
Pokeonekenobie
I'm glad you found homes for the G4s :biggrin: I hope the G3s goes just as smoothly!

As for my Goals
I'm doing pretty good lately getting up earlier than usual. I'm now adding what I eat into the myfitnesspal app again. I think I lost 6 ibs from the last time I went to the doctors office. It was 300 instead of 306 this time. So maybe when I go to the dr.s office again today I'll be under 300 crossing my fingers.
Edit...
I did not go to the doctor today...
Anyways
I have some motivation to lose weight 1 to fit in smaller clothes and 2 to fit in Municipal brand name. 3 to live longer and 4 to feel healthy in general. 
Id like to make a fitness journey for Instagram (for fun) but I'm a shy person so I don't know how else to do this. Im not good at making videos.  Hmmm any ideas on how to do a fitness journey...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 03:28:26 PM by Starflashbaby »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2021, 06:39:59 AM »
You can take pictures? Not just before and after but take them as you go. It will be fun to look back on when you lose the weight :) If you want to share your journey you could include what types of exercise you're doing, what you've been eating, tips and tricks you find along the way. You could make a rewards jar where you put some money in for every pound you lose, or for every week you exercise most days, or whatever. And when you've collected enough, buy something special for yourself :)

As far as my goals, I've been eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is coffee and a smoothie made with frozen bananas and mixed berries with 2% dairy milk or unsweetened almond milk, whichever I have on hand. Lunch is a cheese and turkey sandwich on multigrain whole grain bread. I keep dinner very light, a bowl of Cherrios or steamed green beans or lentil soup. I did order a pizza this week but it will be the only one this month. I also bought a pack of Java chip Oreos because I wanted to try them (I have to try everything coffee flavored :lol) and they only had a family sized pack. I only eat two every night so it's going to last me a very long time.

My art goals are going great! I spent yesterday sculpting and I've already rehaired my current custom. It will be a while before it's finished because it has a lot of sculpting but I do plan to finish it. The memorial pony for my sister needs sand and I have to order some before I can continue work on it. I shelved my Halloween custom for right now, since I missed the deadline and am way more excited to work on my current projects. I'll pick it back up later and just have it be a creepy custom.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2021, 08:11:02 AM »
I gained another pound this week.  :(  I'm still down 7 pounds from where I started but I was hoping I would lose the pound I gained last week this week.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2021, 10:39:35 PM »
I think I've finally managed to sort my G4s.  It's going to take me all week to get them into work in my car so I can give them to my co-workers.  Once I clear them out I can see what kind of space I really have and can rearrange my stuff to make crafting a bit easier.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2021, 09:33:59 AM »
My G4s have all been pawned off delivered to their new homes.  My co-workers were very excited and one of them is like "I don't want to give these to my daughters, I want to play with them." My other co-worker couldn't get her kids to go to bed the night she got her stuff because they wanted to play with them.  So they'll be loved.  Now I just have to figure out how to rearrange the new space I have to be useable for me.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2021, 09:51:56 AM »
Good work, Pokeyonekenobie :)

--

My most current goal is finishing my sculpture before the 14th. I'm painting it right now. It's gotten hard to handle though, it has spikey bits and it's heavy.

Nutrition goals? Ehh I've been doing pretty good except for today. I woke up really hungry and had a breakfast bar, but that didn't do much. I gave in and ordered lunch from Burger King. I got an extra sandwich for later and that will probably be all I eat for today.

How about money goals? I need to STOP spending right now. I bought a bunch of xmas presents and I have very little left (the BK order didn't help). I need to pay for Walmart+ which is $98 and I have that and like 45 left over. For the rest of the month. But I can't see what I would need to buy actually. I'm well stocked on food and household essentials. So maybe it won't be so bad.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2021, 03:27:32 PM »
@Pokeyonekenobie.  I'm happy that you were able to send your extra G4s to loving homes.

@BlackCurtains.  I need to watch my spending right now too.  I.

I lost 6 pounds this week.  :shocked:  I was so surprised that I thought the scale must be wrong so the drs office had me step off the scale and then back on and the number was the same.

Ponyfan

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2021, 04:55:25 PM »
That's an Awesome Idea BlackCurtains! I Love it! That's what I'll do for my Instagram account then!

BlackCurtains - I'm glad your Art Goals are going well too! I too need to stop spending or slow down. I have to buy one more Christmas gift and I'm done with that. 

pokeonekenobie - congratulations on getting the G4s new homes!

Ponyfan - that's 13ibs total!!! Congratulations too!

Nutrition wise I didn't do so well this week I didn't log in my meals cause I was eating more sweets and I didn't want tho see how bad I was really doing. This week will be different! I'll keep logging my intake on the app no matter what and I'll do more to watch what I eat. And I'll start that fitness journey! Yay I'm so excited!!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2021, 05:41:27 AM »
I'm glad you liked it!

Ponyfan - Wow! Your metabolism must be up. That's good :) You can get to a point where your metabolism burns calories while you aren't even doing anything (I wish I had that :P )

My sculpture is done and sent into the event and I was able to make a second craft for another event yesterday! Now I can continue working on my pony customs after I give my hands a break.

My immediate goal for today is to houseclean. While I've been working on my art stuff I've neglected the kitchen and bathroom. I have a bunch of boxes to break down too. Time to put on some coffee and get to work!

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal