collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 24788 times)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2021, 03:13:38 PM »
Go Ponyfan :cheer:

Ah, I'm losing track. I was using My Fitness Pal everyday and then I tapered off. I was also being really good about portion control but that has also waned. I'm not very good at developing new habits.

My back is much better and I can walk around again. I walked my rent check across the street to drop it off and only had to rest for a minute or two before I headed back. Now if I can just remember to walk around my apartment throughout the day and hit my 1000 step goal.
:cheer: :happy: :frolic: I'm so Happy for you BlackCurtains!!!  :cheer:

I've been teaching myself resin pouring recently.  I have used a UV resin with some success and I have managed to make my own molds that look like they will be awesome.  Now I just need to make time to try 2-part resin.  Then I can experiment even more!
Hey Pokeyonekenobie
What is resin pouring? :what:

I forgot to enter what I ate yesterday but the thing is if you remember you can go back and enter it. I had pizza at pizza ranch... and after my main meal I had fried ice-cream. today I didn't eat anything yet and its 5pm now.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:21:11 PM by Starflashbaby »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2021, 05:59:55 PM »
Can I join?  :cry:

So I started to faint, without warning. This started almost 2 years ago. Plus I was very over weight. So yeah, not exactly in the best of shape.

So I decided to work on me and to do what I could to improve. Then the pandemic hit, and I had no choice but to focus on me~!

So I started with 5 squats. I was sore for a week. Seriously. Anyway, I kept working at it, I kept with it till I was working out just a little everyday. Then I got Ring Fit and used that a few times a week. Then I started going to gym...then a yoga class...and now I am here.

A year later I currently work out 2 hours collectively a week. I do Ring Fit twice weekly, I have an hour yoga class, and I go to the gym every week. I also walk on my off days. I am currently down a size in my pants and I haven't fainted in a few months. My goal is continue and keep at it. I feel I have things to share and would love to share what has worked for me and what hasn't.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2021, 09:07:21 PM »
I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but awhile ago I switched to a low-saturated-fat diet to help with a disease I have, and I shed some significant pounds.  I was aiming for ~3 grams of saturated fat each day (but no limit for fish), which is tough, so it probably ended up like 3-6 on a given day.  Didn't change much else about my lifestyle or diet.  I managed this by only buying food once every other week through the grocery store online order system - it was easier to avoid temptations this way when I wasn't walking right by them in the store or driving right by fast food places!  It is hardest when eating with other people who just...want to give me a cheese plate, lol. 

Currently I'm actually trying to gain weight back, per my doctor, but it is so difficult on this diet.  :huh:  So if you are trying to lose weight maybe it would be helpful for you? 

I know there is recent research saying that we shouldn't worry about fats so much as sugars, and also things saying it is just # of calories, and so on, I just wanted to share my personal experience with cutting saturated fats, specifically.   

Overall I really learned that change can be very hard!  New habits are very hard to form!  I'm also kind of trying to stop biting my nails and it is...very difficult.  If anyone has tips for that, either things to do, or ways to motivate myself, I would love to hear them (other than the bitter-tasting stuff, I bite right through that).  Part of the problem is I don't really see a point in stopping.   :huh:  But I still kind of want to, ya know?
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2021, 09:20:46 PM »
Welcome, Zargata!  Join us... :zombie:

I've been teaching myself resin pouring recently.  I have used a UV resin with some success and I have managed to make my own molds that look like they will be awesome.  Now I just need to make time to try 2-part resin.  Then I can experiment even more!
Hey Pokeyonekenobie
What is resin pouring? :what:

People make lots of things with resin.  Some people make jewelry, some people make statues, some people make coasters.  There are a bunch of things you can make with it.  Epoxy Resin is the most popular, and it comes in 2 parts that you mix together and then you pour it into a mold and let it cure, usually for at least 24 hours. If you don't mix it properly, it won't cure and there's nothing you can do but scrap the piece and start over.  If you stir too vigorously or don't pour carefully, you'll end up with bubbles in your piece.  When it's done curing you can pop it out of the mold and you have a resin piece.  UV Resin requires UV light to set up, so I use a small UV lamp but you can also use sunlight to cure it.  The UV lamp makes it set up in a matter of minutes and is commonly used for smaller things like jewelry.

My friend makes jewelry, keychains, and jewelry boxes with her resin.  My sister makes tumblers and boxes. I'm going to do "Nerd" crafts.  For example, the molds that I made this week are the 16 Pokémon Oreos (I went through 9 packages of Pokémon Oreos to find the best ones to use) and I plan to make the resin Oreos into coasters and try a few other things with them.

You can find videos on how to do it on YouTube (that's what I've been watching a TON of).  I prepped my molds tonight.  If I can find the time I want to try pouring resin into the molds tomorrow after work.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2021, 05:45:06 AM »
I was very sore yesterday from doing household stuff the day before. Today I did stretching (and got A LOT of cramps in my muscles), some self resistance (is this a term?) arm curls and leg lifts. I'm sore again, especially my legs, but it felt good. I usually stretch every day but keep it basic. I put a little more effort in today and focused on my back. I think I should do this everyday, or at least 6 times a week. It was easy and I did it in bed.

Since I forgot about non-fitness goals until Pokey posted, I'm going to add in my current art goal :) I'm making a custom pony to honor/represent my sister who I lost a month ago. Today I want to start sculpting. I need to make a base and then lots of tiny sea shells. I also need to dig around in the craft closet and find my sand.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2021, 06:21:24 AM »
Thank you everyone.  :)   It hasn't been easy but I've been trying really hard.   It still surprises me what a difference switching to zero calorie Cokes and watching my portion sizes has made.  I had no idea how many calories I was actually taking in.  I wanted some chips the other day and was shocked when I found out that a serving of that kind of chips is only 6.  Between my mom and I we could eat a whole bag together.

Some days I'm really good about tracking and other days not so much.  Even on the days I don't track I usually try to watch my portion sizes. 

I need to organize my desk/office area.  I was doing really good working on it a little at a time and then worked picked up and I haven't started working on it again. 

I also have several things that I want to open and debox but at the moment all of the sit either in my closet or room waiting for that to happen.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »
Welcome to the thread Zaragata! We’d love to hear your tips on what worked well. :) Squats are a great exercise, I really need to get back into doing them. I was being faithful with them during the summer, but then after starting school again my schedule got thrown off a bit.

Thanks for the tip on the saturated fat SunPony! That is probably something I should pay attention to in the foods I eat. I watch sugar, sodium, and calories pretty closely, but fat is one I’ve always been lax with.

Starflashbaby, I know you asked for an update on baking with the Monk Fruit blend I got from Amazon. I whipped up a batch of vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night and it seems like it’s a great replacement for sugar!

The recipe DID have Molasses in it, so I think I need to try another batch of just regular chocolate chip cookies to make sure the monk fruit blend is adding the sweetness and not the molasses. ;) Still, I’m extremely pleased with how this batch of cookies turned out, my mom tried one and said she thought it was even sweeter than a “normal” cookie! You can substitute it cup for cup unlike stevia, and the texture of the cookies were not impacted by the substitute. The only weird thing I noticed is the brown sugar blend has a….cold? Aftertaste? I don’t exactly know how to describe it, it’s minty…but with no mint flavor. Once blended with all the other ingredients though the aftertaste isn’t nearly as strong.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2021, 10:27:42 AM »
I lost 2 pounds this week.  :cheer:  I'm down 7 pounds total.   I was a little worried because we had tailgate food yesterday at work and most of it was stuff that people had made so there was no way to know the calorie counts.  I ended up eating one soft taco with meat and queso, one extra flour tortilla and 2 mini roll sandwiches.   

I had to buy a belt because my jeans are starting to become really lose around the waist. 

I bought some magazine organizers and a file organizer this week.

Welcome Zargata. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 10:33:38 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2021, 08:23:11 AM »
Woohoo go Ponyfan :cheer:

I haven't really eaten anything in two days because I think I'm having a gastritis flare-up. Yesterday, I had half a turkey and cheese sandwich and today I'll eat the other half, but I'm not hungry at all right now. I skipped my coffee yesterday and today and have just been drinking water. Usually, I would take Alka-Seltzer but I can't because of my newest medicine. It sucks because I took Alka-Selzer a lot and have a bunch of it.

Tuesday is my consultation with the bariatric surgeon. I haven't weighed myself so I don't know if I've lost or gained. They'll probably weigh me there.

I started on my custom :) I made the base for her and today I'll be sculpting.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2021, 08:36:43 AM »
My weight has started to creep up again so I'm going to start calorie tracking again this week. I'd stopped tracking to see if I could continue to lose without it but apparently I need to be a little more conscientious of what I eat. I'd like to get it under control before it becomes a problem health-wise, considering that weight is one of the lovely genetic issues I get to contend with.  On the tracking app I'm using it lets you set a weight goal and then tells you how many calories to eat to get there (and it won't let you set it so low that you lose too much too fast, which is good) so I'm going to see if I can get to my weight goal by next September.

Non-weight goal: Clean my room/workspace this week so I can do some crafting this weekend!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2021, 09:15:31 AM »
On the tracking app I'm using it lets you set a weight goal and then tells you how many calories to eat to get there

What app is that? Is it free? I can't deal with all the ads and locked features on My Fitness Pal and don't want to pay for it, so I've been looking at others.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2021, 11:01:34 AM »
On the tracking app I'm using it lets you set a weight goal and then tells you how many calories to eat to get there

What app is that? Is it free? I can't deal with all the ads and locked features on My Fitness Pal and don't want to pay for it, so I've been looking at others.

It's called My Net Diary (it has a picture of a green apple with a measuring tape around it) and I just use the free version.  There is a version you can pay for but the free one works for what I need it to do.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2021, 01:56:44 PM »
 Yes, Welcome to the Thread Zargata & SunPony!!

People make lots of things with resin.  Some people make jewelry, some people make statues, some people make coasters.  There are a bunch of things you can make with it.  Epoxy Resin is the most popular, and it comes in 2 parts that you mix together and then you pour it into a mold and let it cure, usually for at least 24 hours. If you don't mix it properly, it won't cure and there's nothing you can do but scrap the piece and start over.  If you stir too vigorously or don't pour carefully, you'll end up with bubbles in your piece.  When it's done curing you can pop it out of the mold and you have a resin piece.  UV Resin requires UV light to set up, so I use a small UV lamp but you can also use sunlight to cure it.  The UV lamp makes it set up in a matter of minutes and is commonly used for smaller things like jewelry.

My friend makes jewelry, keychains, and jewelry boxes with her resin.  My sister makes tumblers and boxes. I'm going to do "Nerd" crafts.  For example, the molds that I made this week are the 16 Pokémon Oreos (I went through 9 packages of Pokémon Oreos to find the best ones to use) and I plan to make the resin Oreos into coasters and try a few other things with them.

You can find videos on how to do it on YouTube (that's what I've been watching a TON of).  I prepped my molds tonight.  If I can find the time I want to try pouring resin into the molds tomorrow after work.

Is it like Aves Apoxie sculpt? Sounds Fun!!

Starflashbaby, I know you asked for an update on baking with the Monk Fruit blend I got from Amazon. I whipped up a batch of vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night and it seems like it’s a great replacement for sugar!

The recipe DID have Molasses in it, so I think I need to try another batch of just regular chocolate chip cookies to make sure the monk fruit blend is adding the sweetness and not the molasses. ;) Still, I’m extremely pleased with how this batch of cookies turned out, my mom tried one and said she thought it was even sweeter than a “normal” cookie! You can substitute it cup for cup unlike stevia, and the texture of the cookies were not impacted by the substitute. The only weird thing I noticed is the brown sugar blend has a….cold? Aftertaste? I don’t exactly know how to describe it, it’s minty…but with no mint flavor. Once blended with all the other ingredients though the aftertaste isn’t nearly as strong.

Oooooh Sounds delicious! yes let me know what happens! of course no rush...

:happy: Awesome Job Ponyfan!

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »

Is it like Aves Apoxie sculpt? Sounds Fun!!

Not quite.  According to the internet Apoxie Sculpt is like a mix between clay and resin.  The resin that I'm playing with starts out as a liquid and has to be poured into a mold.  You can't really mold it on its own.  The resin is also affected by temperature and humidity so since it's been raining I haven't wanted to do too much with it just yet.  Maybe later in the week I'll get a chance to try something.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2021, 04:47:14 PM »
It's called My Net Diary (it has a picture of a green apple with a measuring tape around it) and I just use the free version.  There is a version you can pay for but the free one works for what I need it to do.

Thank you! I like this one a lot better than My Fitness Pal already.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal