collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you?

Yes!
9 (33.3%)
Sort of
8 (29.6%)
Not really...
6 (22.2%)
No
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Are you a movie buff?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a movie buff?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 06:42:22 AM »
Did someone say movies? Hubby and I are total buff's. Mainly comedy, some action, and everything in-between (except sloppy romance...). Everything Robin Williams, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, David Spade, Jonathan Brandis and traditional Disney animated I gravitate toward. Do we quote, of course! Since we don't stream services, have no cable, no internet movies are our go-to. Almost 4,000 and counting. Binders w/pages that hold DVD's (8 dvd's per page x 15 binders = a lot), it's a great space saving solution. I still hold onto about 100 vhs since I cannot find them on DVD. Found out Adam Sandler did a few movies that are just Netflix released figured I'd never find them on blu-ray or dvd. However, I nabbed Hubie Halloween for my birthday.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 10:53:08 AM »
You guys with thousands of movies put my small collection to shame :P But to be fair, a lot of the movies I owned on VHS are easily found on stream so I haven't had to replace them on DVD or Blu-Ray.

At the moment I'm trying to get All Dogs go to Heaven and Rover Dangerfield but I'm waiting for Wal-Mart to drop the prices a little.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2021, 09:09:14 AM »
I LOVE films. So much so I even work as the National Film and Television Archive in England.

I'm not sure whether I have a fave genre, it depends on my mood; Comedy, Sci-fi, Horror, Musical, Drama, Romcom, Thriller. Anything really. Although I've not seen all that many Westerns for some reason, not that I hate them or anything.
In terms of DVD we probably have a few hundred, though I tend to stream stuff now as storage isn't what it was.

Film/TV is basically a lot of my life. This year I've set myself the challenge to watch at least 365 movies/feature length documentaries.
So far I'm on target and up to about 310.
I try to visit the cinema as often as I can too. Once a week when I'm able.

Also, I collect autographs from my fave male and female actors, singers, comedians etc. I have somewhere around 1,100 right now.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2021, 10:05:49 PM »
Not really - I prefer series to movies - but my sister is. In fact, more than that. Charmer, you and she would get on really well ;)

Naynie did her PhD in Film Studies, and so did her other half. Their combined DVD collection is insanely impressive. It dwarfed the local DVD rental store when that was still open. He did Korean film and she did American film so they have quite a range. Definitely in the thousands, although that also contains a fair number of box sets, too, because she's also very much into those. Now she has all the streaming services the UK offers, basically.

I tend to trust Naynie's judgement when it comes to film recommendations, even though she watches a whole load of things I would probably never go near. Before COVID she would go to the cinema often. She always tries to watch all the oscar nominated films, even though she's massively critical of the oscars. She's been to all night movie screenings - I think one was a 24 hour LOTR one, and I forget what else. She and her partner both taught film to undergrads as well.

I did a film unit when I was doing my MA, in Japanese film, and I basically gave them most of the film DVDs I had to get for it because I knew I'd never watch them again, but they might xD.

Her favourite films are "There Will Be Blood" and "Jurassic Park", I think. She watches Home Alone every Christmas, too. Literally, every Christmas. And she has a large collection of cheesy films that she likes to watch for the lols. Stuff I've never heard of. I think there's one with crabs...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 02:12:15 AM »
There are so many movies I have been meaning to watch, but I just have far too short of an attention span. Usually, when I sit down to watch a movie, I end up doing something else that takes away my attention, or I fall asleep.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 01:33:25 AM »
I Used to be able to know the movie Romeo and Juliet With Leonardo D By Heart

Great to know someone else was as crazy as I at that time!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 06:32:41 AM »
I so wish I could see Antlers in the theater but with covid I'm wary. Plus, the last time I was there they were having a bedbug infestation (which thankfully we didn't catch) and said they were spraying but wouldn't let the news inspect the cinemas. Lost my trust that day...

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal