collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WHat's the shortest time you've ever stayed in a job?  (Read 2959 times)

Offline MouseCardinal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
Re: WHat's the shortest time you've ever stayed in a job?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 09:44:10 AM »
I've only ever worked at one place thus far, but my shortest duration of actual "work" was for two months in the summer of 2020 at Chuck E. Cheese  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art by NanoRuby
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2021, 03:34:53 PM »
One day. I quit the first day.
I have done this twice.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 11:18:07 PM »
I still haven't actually quit. I've applied for three serious jobs this week, aiming for two per week until I can get outta there!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2021, 05:53:35 PM »
a little past a month. It was at a frame shop and my boss and coworkers were AWFUL.
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: WHat\\\'s the shortest time you\\\'ve ever stayed in a job?
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2021, 11:44:23 PM »
It's good to hear everyone's stories, I don't feel so bad now! I found a new job by the way and I'm starting on 1st November. It's more similar to my old job and luckily it's permanent. I do get the feeling that so much is down to the people and circumstances. Essentially for the first few days/months it's like being a guest in someone's house. If they can't be a good host then why move in permanently? Incidentally, I got a lot of good feedback from my applications and had a choice at the end. So if anyone wants me to check an application in English please let me know and I'll try to help. Replies will be in UK English though.

Post Merge: October 13, 2021, 11:46:49 PM

I've only ever worked at one place thus far, but my shortest duration of actual "work" was for two months in the summer of 2020 at Chuck E. Cheese  :P

I have always been slightly obsessed with the Chuck E. Cheese pony, mainly because it's quite unique being fast-food related but a full-on pony unlike the Maccy D's ones. Did they know that was the only reason you wanted to work there ;)

Post Merge: October 13, 2021, 11:47:52 PM

One day. I quit the first day.
I have done this twice.

I wish I'd quit on the first day in that place, but the 6 week's money was still useful.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:48:16 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 07:00:13 PM »
One week! It was for a small crappy motel! I got one day of training and then on my own! I did not even know how to close a till! I left!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2021, 12:00:46 AM »
I'm starting my new job on Monday! Fingers crossed this one goes OK!

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2021, 10:34:19 AM »
I'm starting my new job on Monday! Fingers crossed this one goes OK!

good luck :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2021, 08:05:51 AM »
Good luck :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 08:15:58 AM »
About a month and a half.  I was hired as Holiday Help at the Disney Store.  I basically worked 4 hours a week but still got the 35% employee discount.   :biggrin:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2021, 07:39:02 PM »
2 days: I was hired by an attorney to be his secretary. I struggled with learning so much so fast and he fired me at the end of my second day. There were so many red flags that made me glad it didn't work out: I found his job ad on Craigslist. When I went into my interview, he told me that one of the reasons he'd chosen me as a candidate was because as a man he could see me as more of an equal than if he were to hire a woman. Mind you, he was married and his wife handled the financial side of the business. A few years after he fired me he was disbarred and moved to the opposite side of the country.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: WHat\'s the shortest time you\'ve ever stayed in a job?
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2021, 06:15:55 AM »
About a month and a half.  I was hired as Holiday Help at the Disney Store.  I basically worked 4 hours a week but still got the 35% employee discount.   :biggrin:

Sounds like fun!

Post Merge: November 10, 2021, 06:16:37 AM

2 days: I was hired by an attorney to be his secretary. I struggled with learning so much so fast and he fired me at the end of my second day. There were so many red flags that made me glad it didn't work out: I found his job ad on Craigslist. When I went into my interview, he told me that one of the reasons he'd chosen me as a candidate was because as a man he could see me as more of an equal than if he were to hire a woman. Mind you, he was married and his wife handled the financial side of the business. A few years after he fired me he was disbarred and moved to the opposite side of the country.

Eep! Not someone you want to be associated with  :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2021, 11:04:42 PM »
So my new (new) job also turned out to be horrors! They were using a restricted organophosphate pesticide in an unauthorised way, basically turning a weak solution of it into steam and letting it permeate an occupied building on a daily basis. Luckily I managed to persuade them they need to stop doing it. Unluckily the affected product makes up 70% of the company's product portfolio and I have no idea whether my persuadings will damage the business and threaten all of our jobs. But you can't make fast and loose with pesticides. I didn't want to work in the building once I found out so I don't expect anyone else to. They have given me a desk elsewhere and speeded up the retirement of the person making the steam. He will now be going in two weeks and hopefully that will be the end of it. He's been acting crazy and I think he might have poisoned himself with it. If they want to start doing it again it will take time to make it safe and legal with the correct engineering controls. I have had a very stressful couple of weeks. I am only 1 month in!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2021, 05:28:53 AM »
Passed the interview and then left the next day after 2 hours of on the job training. As soon as I realized it was for door to door internet sales I noped out
I'll sell things if you come into a store I work at but that's implied consent to be hustled when you walk into a boutique.  I draw the line on bothering people in their homes.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal