collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 72
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: About Feminine things  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
Re: About Feminine things
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2021, 12:19:46 AM »
One thing I loved about FIM is that each pony was feminine in her own way and never less than. Being a girl is fun and amazing. <3 Random online chats are usually very toxic.

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2021, 01:06:13 AM »
One thing I loved about FIM is that each pony was feminine in her own way and never less than. Being a girl is fun and amazing. <3 Random online chats are usually very toxic.

Agreed! There's no one way to be a girl, and it's great to see that in media, especially when it's aimed towards girls. A lot of the movies and shows I grew up with depicted the more stereotypical feminine characters as dumb or evil. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I think that partially contributed to my "not like the other girls" phase. Anyways, I really appreciated the Diamond Dogs episode of FiM for its message that femininity does not equal weakness.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2021, 03:29:45 AM »
I agree that females are often depicted as lacking in agency and two-dimensional in mainstream media storytelling. I think that has changed a lot recently but then I watch a lot of Netflix.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, Crumpet in de-flocking condition, Waterfall blue towel, Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:
:green: Happy to do deals for Arena members on any of my stuff for sale on Ebay  :green:

Offline DreamsofUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2021, 07:29:06 PM »
I agree that females are often depicted as lacking in agency and two-dimensional in mainstream media storytelling. I think that has changed a lot recently but then I watch a lot of Netflix.
netflix is a pretty popular option for media
but yes I would agree
I hope pipp will continue that trend
Just trying to make everyone happy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal