collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best place to pick up old LEGO pirate sets for spare pieces?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Shystar06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Best place to pick up old LEGO pirate sets for spare pieces?
« on: August 14, 2021, 09:25:55 PM »
Recently the LEGO company released a very limited run of their Pirate line, but they don't seem to be available at any of my local stores.

I'm trying to pick up some spare minifigures and pieces to go with my giant pirate ship, the venerable "Skull's Eye Schooner". The newer line will work in a pinch but ideally I'd like some pirates and "Imperial" parts from the same era.

Any suggestions? Facebook Marketplace was my first try and the few sets i found there had nonresponsive sellers.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to pick up old LEGO pirate sets for spare pieces?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 04:45:43 AM »
If you know the set number code, go to the Lego website, it should list all the associated bricks/components & their codes.

There is a Lego pick-a-brick section where you can individually pick & choose certain bricks that you need, although some of the rarer or discontinued pieces may not be available. I think their shop is based in Europe? You need to factor this into costs & shipping etc.

Here in Europe, there are independent Lego hobbyists that are connected to online forums that provide a search facility (via part code) for second-hand and brand-new Lego bricks, that then point you to their online stores. Common bricks sell from a little as a few pennies to more expensive for rare pieces.

Do a check on google, you may be lucky to find such a Lego-collector forum & supplier near to you! 

ETA

If you are just after random mini figures with a pirate theme & don't care about it being genuine Lego, Aliexpress sell inexpensive mini figures that should be good enough as background characters for your pirate scene? Just beware long shipping times, you need to specify the more-expensive shipping option if you want them delivered more quickly.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 04:49:41 AM by glitterball »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 06:31:56 AM »
the official secondhand market for LEGO is BrickLink
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shystar06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 11:03:55 AM »
the official secondhand market for LEGO is BrickLink

Thank you , I will give them a look.

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 08:48:57 AM »
I highly reccomend bricklink! Have bought quite a bit from there and have only had good experiences- each set is parted out as well so it's super easy to buy only the most specific pieces you want.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal