collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there any way to salvage the colors on this pony?  (Read 674 times)

Offline kinnoyu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
Is there any way to salvage the colors on this pony?
« on: July 03, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
I have really wanted a baby rainribbon, and I was finally able to find one, but the body and head were VASTLY different. The head is in perfect condition but the body is extremely faded and the color was even coming off when I was trying to get some deeper dirt off!!!!

I was unsure if I'd be able to save her, and I was able to find another. This other rainribbon at least has the head and body the same color, but is also faded.

Is there anyway to salvage this, or would it have to be completely repainted in order to become vibrant again?

If so, how have others on here painted ponies? Do you use an airbrush to get an even, smooth coat?

Mlp body color https://imgur.com/gallery/czIvPjq
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way to salvage the colors on this pony?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 05:01:43 AM »
Have you tried sunfading the discolored body? I have never owned Baby Rainribbon, so I don't know if she is the same purple as Baby Blossom, but I have successfully brightened up several Baby Blossoms that way, including my brownish yellow childhood pony. I might have before and after pics if I dig around a bit.

(Someone may be able to tell us otherwise if they know Baby Rainribbon isn't safe to sunfade; I don't want to give you bad information here! Some purples are a bit unstable.)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 07:44:12 AM »
the heads and bodies were made from different batches of plastic. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 10:15:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure that she's darker than baby blossom, who is also prone to discolouring/fading...

The head on the one on the...right? looks about the normal colour of the pony.  Although there is a variation for rainribbon, I do think they're faded as the hair looks the same.

It probably is plastic batch related...I'm not sure that sunfading something that's already faded probably by sun is a good plan, it's not going to restore the actual original colour. But I don't know about painting as a solution.

I'd reckon that'd probably make the ponies more custom than original, rather than restorative, so it depends on how much the colour is bothering you.

I'd be more inclined to hold out for another third pony that's not mismatched if the mismatch is that bothersome.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal