collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I rank Costume Wear (again!)  (Read 423 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I rank Costume Wear (again!)
« on: June 23, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »
I am back to rank the Costume Wear again. When I first did it, about six months ago, I only had one outfit (incomplete) and just based the rankings on photos of the Pony Costume Wear. Now I have obtained all six (COMPLETE!) outfits and I am ready to rank again. This time my ranking is quite different! You can find my original ranking here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,400116.msg1835356.html#msg1835356

And for reference, here are the outfits for Costume Wear: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Costume_Wear

1. In the Center Ring - I probably paid a wee bit more for this than I wanted to (thank God for those COVID relief checks, am I right? I was also one of the lucky ones who was able to keep my job during the pandemic, so it wasn’t like I didn’t have a steady paycheck and was blowing my stimulus on unnecessaries like Pony Wear!), but I’m very happy to have finally obtained this (seemingly rare) Costume Wear. I love everything about it: the bodysuit with the silver, blue, and pink threads and gold trim; the lace cape (though wouldn’t a cape go over the shoulders? This goes around the pony’s waist; most like a skirt, but whatever); the gold carnival mask (so cool!) and the headpiece with the pink and purple plumes. The material the plumes are made out of feel like the same material those troll dolls’ hair are made out of. This is a fun circus-themed outfit. It almost seems the most costume-y out of the six outfits; the others are more career outfits than costumes. I also love Parade Pizazz from the original Pony Wear line and this outfit feels like it could be in the same collection as that one.

2. Galaxy Glamour - When I first ranked this, I had it ranked second right after Pony-Naut because I didn’t think it would make any sense to separate them since they are very similar outfits. However, that isn’t the case anymore, but I’ll talk about that more when I get to Pony-naut.

3. Academy Awards - This seems like it would fit more with the Pony Wear with Jewelry collection, but since there’s no jewelry, it’s not in that collection. (I guess the movie star Pony outfit from that line would be Lights, Camera, Action). This is my favorite fancy dress for a pony (to be fair, I only have one outfit from the Jewelry collection). This dress has a very Old Hollywood feel to it. I love the look, style, and colors of this dress. It’s silver with blue and fuchsia ruffles on the skirt and there’s a matching collar as well. I love the headpiece that looks like a lace-covered beret. I kind of have it precariously placed on my pony’s head because it just has a little tie attached to it, like you’re supposed to tie it around your pony’s front locks. I wish it were a little more accessible to place on your pony’s head. Well, as long as I don’t move my pony around too much, it should stay on!

4. Abra-Ca-Dabra - This is really cute and also feels like a costume. I was lucky that I got all the pieces (for a very reasonable price, too, I might add) including the little hair piece (and I mean little! I did have a hell of a time trying to get it in Sunbeam’s mane). I like the teal color of the outfit and the sheer material seems different from other materials Pony Wear is made of. The gold slippers with the curled toes are cute, but they were also a bitch to put on.

5. Rockin’ the Night Away - Aurgh, I hate that I have this so low because I really do think this is cute. I actually really love every outfit in this collection (except maybe my last ranked one!) This one comes with two fuchsia colored shoes that go on the back hooves and two tie-dye “gloves” that go on the pony’s front hooves. This is a bit odd to me and I would have proffered all the shoes to be the same (preferably the rubber shoes in a tie-dye color; that would have been cool). One of the “gloves” (let’s face it, it’s more of a slipper) I got is a little stretched out so it doesn’t really fit my pony’s front hoove too well. When I got this outfit from E-bay, it didn’t come with the pants but I bought it anyway because I thought the outfit could work without the pants. However, I was able to find the pants on Etsy and am happy the outfit is complete because it does look better. It’s amazing what a pair of pants can do! The ribbon attached to the guitar is broken so I’m not able to put it around my pony’s neck, but even if it was still connected, I don’t think it would have fit.

6. Pony-Naut - When I first made this ranking, I had this as my #1 for Pony Costume Wear! But that was solely due to nostalgia as it was the only outfit I had from this collection in my childhood. I didn’t own any of the other five until this year! I also complained a bit that I didn’t understand why there were two outfits so similar in the same collection, but I think Galaxy Glamour is astronomically (heh) better. Both outfits are obviously space-themed and have the silver shoes (which are also the same shoes that come with Academy Awards) and are made of the same silver and gold satin-y material. There is more gold used in Galaxy Glamour. However, what makes Galaxy Glamour heaps and bounds better than Pony-Naut (IMO) is that it comes with pants which helps complete the outfit. Pony-Naut does not have pants and it feels incomplete. Both outfits come with something that straps onto the ponys’ back. With Pony-Naut, it’s a flat backpack which I don’t understand how that goes with an astronaut suit. I get that it’s supposed to be like the packs you see on the backs of astronauts, but this feels more like a backpack purse! Galaxy Glamour has a jet pack that has stuffing in it so it’s more puffed up and doesn’t lie flat on the pony’s back. The silver streamers coming out of the end of it is also a nice touch. The most annoying feature about Pony-Naut is that damn plastic helmet. Sure, in theory it’s cool because there’s no other Pony Wear that has a helmet and maybe if the Pony-Naut outfit came with a pair of pants, this outfit would look complete with the helmet. But…I hate this damn helmet! I should say that I was able to obtain the complete outfit since I noted in my original post that I had lost the helmet in my childhood. It’s not hard to see why I lost it - the dang thing won’t stay on my pony. Every time I move her or pick her up, the helmet never stays on. At the moment, I have the outfit on Tic Tac Toe and I’m not sure if there’s a better pony pose where the helmet will stay secure. Not to mention, the helmet just looks clunky and awkward on the pony. I have noticed on the Wiki photo of Sky Rocket wearing Pony-Naut, the neck of the outfit is fitted around the helmet and this is the only instance of a pony wearing this outfit where it doesn’t look too bad (besides the fact that the pony isn’t wearing any pants!) I tried doing that, but it didn’t work. I don’t have any pony in the Gingerbread pose, so I wasn’t able to try to see if it worked better on a pony with that pose. I get what they were trying to go for and I know NASA and space exploration were popular in the ‘80s, but I wish they had included pants and made a way for the helmet to not look so awkward. Or they should have just stuck with one space-themed Pony Wear and done something else entirely for the sixth look.

I am very excited because I now have all the Play ’n Wear outfits, so I plan to re-rank those in the future. That’s going to be especially difficult because I love all those outfits!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I rank Costume Wear (again!)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 06:52:10 PM »
I love these reviews, thanks for posting! I'm excited for you that you were able to acquire all of these...what a cool collection! I only own 2 of these...Galaxy Glamour and Rockin' the Night Away, and I am still missing the pants to the latter set. :pout: Guess now that you say they do add a lot to the outfit, I'll have to go seeking them out...I should have just waited until I found a complete set, because I'll probably overpay for them enough to offset the good deal I thought I scored on the rest of the outfit! The guitar does fit over the pony's shoulder with the strap on it, fyi, in case you ever come across one intact and want to snap it up. Maybe if I think of it, I'll get a pic of somebody wearing it and post it in the next day or so. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal