collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wow...one year later!! (Before and after)  (Read 1100 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Wow...one year later!! (Before and after)
« on: June 18, 2021, 04:22:38 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but was just excited to share my progress on this rehab Cherries Jubilee. I got her in a bait lot of about 5 ponies for 2 or 3 dollars. She was dirty and had what looked to be Sharpie marker on her display side front flank area.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She cleaned up beautifully, except for that marker! I wasn't sure what to do with her for the longest time, and even gave her to my son to play with because I didn't think she could ever be display-worthy. There were 2 other ponies in this lot with the same markings on them, and I tossed one of them (a gross ole' Peachy) in my sunfading window just to see if I could lighten it any. When I saw it was actually slowly fading, I snagged Cherries J back from my kid to see if I could get similar results, and months and months later, I dare say the marker is GONE!!

Her fellow lot-mates have not had as good of luck as she has; Peachy's 'prison tat' is only about 50% faded and she's been in the window twice as long, and the Bowtie also has a ways to go, but for some reason hers just got lighter and lighter consistently until I determined she was 'healed'. I'm so glad to have given her a new lease on life!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Wow...one year later!! (Before and after)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 04:34:15 PM »
Oh she cleaned up so pretty! I :lol: at her prison tattoo. Who knew CJ was so thuggish?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 05:32:57 PM »
Oh she cleaned up so pretty! I :lol: at her prison tattoo. Who knew CJ was so thuggish?
I second the prison comment made me laugh
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 08:45:17 PM »
Well, maybe she is the Martha Stewart type. XD I'm trying to picture the headline: 'Mrs. Cherries Jubilee, mother of 3 and PTA president, imprisoned for white collar crime...'

She then turns thug in order to survive on the inside. :lol:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 12:59:08 AM »
Hooray!

Well, maybe she is the Martha Stewart type. XD I'm trying to picture the headline: 'Mrs. Cherries Jubilee, mother of 3 and PTA president, imprisoned for white collar crime...'

:lmao:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 06:33:11 AM »

:rofl:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 02:45:58 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but was just excited to share my progress on this rehab Cherries Jubilee. I got her in a bait lot of about 5 ponies for 2 or 3 dollars. She was dirty and had what looked to be Sharpie marker on her display side front flank area.

She cleaned up beautifully, except for that marker! I wasn't sure what to do with her for the longest time, and even gave her to my son to play with because I didn't think she could ever be display-worthy. There were 2 other ponies in this lot with the same markings on them, and I tossed one of them (a gross ole' Peachy) in my sunfading window just to see if I could lighten it any. When I saw it was actually slowly fading, I snagged Cherries J back from my kid to see if I could get similar results, and months and months later, I dare say the marker is GONE!!

Her fellow lot-mates have not had as good of luck as she has; Peachy's 'prison tat' is only about 50% faded and she's been in the window twice as long, and the Bowtie also has a ways to go, but for some reason hers just got lighter and lighter consistently until I determined she was 'healed'. I'm so glad to have given her a new lease on life!

This is awesome! I have one with  similar 'prison tat'  :lol: How long was she in the window for in total? Did you cover parts of her that were not on the tat? Good to have some hope!

Emily
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 03:39:17 PM »

This is awesome! I have one with  similar 'prison tat'  :lol: How long was she in the window for in total? Did you cover parts of her that were not on the tat? Good to have some hope!

Emily

I think she was in the window for about 6 months. It seems like longer! I did wrap her in a towel, only exposing the tat. The other 2, Peachy and Bowtie, I did not cover, because they are in a lot worse shape than Cherries, and I figured they could benefit from the full sun exposure. Peachy has been in the window for a year now, and hers has only faded about halfway, so it must depend on the condition of the pony's plastic, and how well the marker absorbed into it. The 3 ponies came in the same lot with the same type of mark, so I'm guessing they were written on at the same time with the same marker.

If you live in an area that gets more sun, it could fade faster. I live in the woods, and get horrible light in my house. That window is the only one that gets any direct light for any length of time, and only for a couple of hours a day, so it probably takes a lot longer for me to sunfade than it does for most people.

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 01:12:06 AM »

Emily

I think she was in the window for about 6 months. It seems like longer! I did wrap her in a towel, only exposing the tat. The other 2, Peachy and Bowtie, I did not cover, because they are in a lot worse shape than Cherries, and I figured they could benefit from the full sun exposure. Peachy has been in the window for a year now, and hers has only faded about halfway, so it must depend on the condition of the pony's plastic, and how well the marker absorbed into it. The 3 ponies came in the same lot with the same type of mark, so I'm guessing they were written on at the same time with the same marker.

If you live in an area that gets more sun, it could fade faster. I live in the woods, and get horrible light in my house. That window is the only one that gets any direct light for any length of time, and only for a couple of hours a day, so it probably takes a lot longer for me to sunfade than it does for most people.

I live in Northern Europe where sun is a bit erratic. We had an amazing year last year, but barley two straight days of sun so far this year.

Alsom the best window in the house is the one that looks out on to the main street, and I'm not ready for all my neighbours to know what i'm up to yet  :lol:
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 06:04:57 AM »
Quote from: eistewart link=topic=401556.msg1854926#msg1854926
[quote author=LadyAmalthea link=topic=401556.msg1854066#msg1854066 date=1624058558

I live in Northern Europe where sun is a bit erratic. We had an amazing year last year, but barley two straight days of sun so far this year.

Alsom the best window in the house is the one that looks out on to the main street, and I'm not ready for all my neighbours to know what i'm up to yet  :lol:

Haha that's understandable! My only good window faces the front of the house too, but we are set so far back from the street that if someone gets close enough to see my dismembered herd, they're already up to no good, and I have bigger problems (i.e. a peeping Tom). My mail lady maaaaybe could spot them if she had a package to bring to the door, but she'd have to stand on tiptoe, and probably know what to look for.

I do have a pony that has been riding around with me on the dashboard of my car to try to lighten up a dye job that I went a little overboard with, since I wasn't having any luck with her in my window; that one is visible through my windshield! I always wonder if people aim funny looks my way, but I figure it is just assumed that I have kids and it got thrown up there for whatever reason.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »

My only good window faces the front of the house too, but we are set so far back from the street that if someone gets close enough to see my dismembered herd, they're already up to no good, and I have bigger problems (i.e. a peeping Tom).

Lol
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 11:20:59 AM »
She faded quickly, well done!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal