collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New He-Man Trailer  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
New He-Man Trailer
« on: June 10, 2021, 11:35:32 AM »
https://youtu.be/81wyj65SJIo

Looks heaps better then what She-Ra got. If its as good as it looks, can Kevin Smith do She-Ra and Thundercats next?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New He-Man Trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 11:51:49 AM »

Looks heaps better then what She-Ra got. If its as good as it looks, can Kevin Smith do She-Ra and Thundercats next?

AGREED! She-Ra needs that kind of treatment for a new version, not what they gave us.
I always find it amazing that Hasbro & Mattel (granted this is toy vs. film/animation studio ideas here) can always manage to find ways to give some sort of great toy line or animation reboot to the "boy franchise" line but not to the girls. My husband is a major Transformers collector, so there is always this new product or this new animation and many of them have been pretty good (animation series) and the last couple years of toy lines have been "pretty awesome" (to use his own wording here) at representing or reinventing the products from the 80's in a favorable way.

However, when it comes to two very popular "girl franchise" lines, they fell flat.
Jem and the Holograms - I mean do we even want to talk about the film? A new line of retro recreated dolls or an upgraded (with articulation dolls) in a more affordable line would be pretty cool.

She-Ra
- Same argument I stated above for Jem.  A new line of retro recreated action figures and/or dolls or an upgraded (with articulation action figures/dolls) in an affordable line.

This COULD be done if they chose to do it. They could easily sell them directly to the customers by the Hasbro Pulse website. Loads of the Transformers merchandise is sold this way and are Hasbro Pulse exclusives. Mattel could also sell them directly through their own website.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:59:51 AM by toyjunky »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 12:30:48 PM »
If there is not a HEYEAYEAYEAYEA reference I'm going to scream.
This looks very exciting, I can only imagine how people who grew up with He-Man are feeling!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 06:19:00 PM »
I've watched the trailer 5x over again. It looks good. That's a pretty epic teaser. I hope the story is good and true to the feel of the original. It took me a couple watches to realize He-Man looks a little off to me because of the blue eyes. I'm glad they didn't shy away from keeping him ridiculously buff  :lol:
I probably won't be able to watch it anytime soon after the release because Netflix but I'm still interested in how it will go over with fans.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 11:22:29 AM »
I think the animation looks really good, so I’m curious to see how it turns out.

I’ll be on the other train here and say I did enjoy She-Ra. It was nice to finally get some more representation that was positive or the LGBT+ community. The animation could have been better, but I was fine with it since I felt the story line was good.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 03:44:57 AM »
I think the animation looks really good, so I’m curious to see how it turns out.

I’ll be on the other train here and say I did enjoy She-Ra. It was nice to finally get some more representation that was positive or the LGBT+ community. The animation could have been better, but I was fine with it since I felt the story line was good.

Totally agree with this.

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 09:01:10 AM »

She-Ra[/u] - Same argument I stated above for Jem.  A new line of retro recreated action figures and/or dolls or an upgraded (with articulation action figures/dolls) in an affordable line.

Have you seen these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs2eUd0PTR0
Not quite affordable because it's geared towards the adult collectors, but they attempted to remake the 80s She-Ra. I'm massively torn, I don't think I'll be buying them. The face is a little odd, and they couldn't even be bothered to give the "gold" a shimmering coat. Still, nice to see them trying.

The He-Man reboot looks promising! That's exactly what I'd like to see done to She-Ra as well. Not dissing on the Stevenson version though, it was okay in its own right, and certainly did something great for the LGBT community.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:02:42 AM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 12:55:34 PM »

i say just redo thundercats since the she-ra wasn't horrible and is a good watch
but poor thundercats is going to get thundercats roar?

also...is that Sylvanas's voice actor?
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2021, 12:29:55 PM »

i say just redo thundercats since the she-ra wasn't horrible and is a good watch
but poor thundercats is going to get thundercats roar?

also...is that Sylvanas's voice actor?

Roar got pulled if I understand correctly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 02:06:00 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 03:07:57 PM »
Roar got pulled if I understand correctly.
Roar aired and ended. I wonder if they would even try to retread that franchise since the reaction was so poor, could be misconstrued as audiences just not wanting TC content.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2021, 04:01:04 PM »
I saw some more about the premise of the new series and
Spoiler
don’t like that it’s looking to be more about Teela instead of He-Man. I still hope it’s good but that would be incredibly disappointing.

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2021, 06:51:09 AM »
New full trailer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iXdEeRBh9Zk

The tone does not seem right if they are really trying to stay true to the original funimation series. I was excited with the first teaser but that’s fading the more I see & hear…
I still hope it’s good but am starting to be disappointed already.
(There’s also another “leaked” extended version of the trailer with a couple scenes included and… I just don’t know :/ )

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 01:27:05 PM »
As a kid I liked heman more than shera. I was quite young when it aired though. I probably saw reruns in around 1986 and 1987 - it said 40 years but I'm only 39 xD.

As an adult watching the original series, and then the other remake of Heman whenever that was (15 years or so back?) the thing the remake missed was the humour. Heman always had humour. I don't sense it from this trailer either.

What the last remake of Heman did well was the backstory of the sorceress and how Heman got his powers - the thing that's entirely absent from the original iirc - there may be some flashbacky stuff but I think the series starts with him already Heman? Original Shera did this better.

I watched some of the new Shera and it looks ok, albeit I don't like the art but in terms of the plot...I didn't keep up with it though, I don't know why. I think I didn't like the betrayed friend aspect of Catra and Shera's relationship. I never really like that kind of thing...Catra and Shera were never friends in the original.

My favourite in original shera was Shadow Weaver anyway. The only figures I still have from a brief spell collecting them as a late teen are Netossa, Perfuma, Flutterina (my favourite figure!) and a customised Shadow Weaver someone made for me.

So yeah. I remember some time back they began rereleasing the original Heman series here on DVD and I got the volumes they released. It's so much lighter and really quite funny. Not just action.

I don't have a problem with them utilising Teela in a more meaningful way, albeit the sorceress is more interesting to me personally. I guess it all depends a lot on how they handle Adam and Man at Arms.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2021, 09:55:36 AM »
I don't want to give spoilers but please don't read mine if you get upset by them.

Spoiler
I managed to sorta get through the first episode, but for me none of the characters 'feel' like the characters to me. Don't get me wrong, the animation is beautiful, I give props to the animators. It's really pretty and it's the same folks that did Castlevania which I give 4 thumbs up for story and animation. Watch that instead of this (LOL) or the Dragon Prince, those are two animations on netflix that I found good.

The story for episode one just feels weird/off to me I'm assuming by the direction that they seem to be taking we're supposed to like Teela?? But I had a hard time really liking her at the end. The voice they picked and the way she portrayed Teela it JUST doesn't work for me and I keep thinking, this isn't Teela (just by the voice alone).

To me when you pick a well known well loved franchise you have to get it right with who you choose to be your main characters. Whoever it is they picked to be teela, the voice just doesn't work for me. By the end of the episode the character comes across as whiney to me and her behavior as a character at the end of the episode just rubbed me the wrong way.

I just don't know if I want to watch the rest. PLUS...5 episodes. Seriously Netflix, this isn't a season. They should have just put all the episodes of this up instead of dragging this out.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 01:12:55 PM »
Binge-watched this last night. Thumbs up!
My brief (non spoiler) review:

It's a grower, you need to get used to the characters over a couple of episodes - and it had some surprisingly gory scenes - my 9-year-old girl watched it but wasn't scared though. Grown-up language - I overheard the words "cr**" and "bol*****", certainly wasn't expecting that haha! 

Teela & Evil Lyn are the main characters, we follow their quest (won't mention *why* to avoid spoilers).

Evil Lyn is voiced with an English accent, but still has some of her shouty-ness as heard in the original cartoon.

The character drawings are interesting - you instantly know who they are based on the 80s animation /clothing/hairstyles/colours but there is an updated "look" to them. I am glad of this familiarity, no need to reinvent the wheel! Some of the characters look really old though, a big contrast to the "perfect" comic-book hero features of the originals. 

No one can ever replace the original Skeletor though, sorry, 80s Skeletor was the best!  :lol:

Re the latest She-Ra, my kid ADORES the show and watches it on repeat. He-Man has a more adult vibe. Can't wait for part 2 of the series to be released! Possibly this August if my web search/gossip sources are correct?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 01:16:50 PM by glitterball »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal