collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75509 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #495 on: October 12, 2021, 06:32:04 AM »
My experience with health insurance has pretty much been to only use it when i have to. and hope for the best.

for most of my adult life i either had no insurance because i was a freelancer or i had not so great insurance. now i have better insurance and it did come through for us when my partner needed it last year. but it really baffles me that if there is an emergency we have no idea what the costs are. i can't think of any other aspect of life where i get a service without at least having a cost estimate. medical billing is a nightmare with all of the codes and mistakes that can happen. i guess if it's a life or death situation you take on the cost but it can be financially devastating.

one thing that i've been noticing is the deductibles creeping higher and higher. mine is 10k now. and the paperwork isn't very clear about what the out of pocket costs are. i feel like there should be courses in high school that teach us how to navigate this mess. why am i expected to choose a plan when i can't even understand the paperwork? and if you don't get insurance through work it's even more difficult. when i was unemployed a few years back i missed the window to sign up for insurance through the healthcare.gov website. and i basically got stuck with crappy insurance for a while. i never used it. medical care tied to working a full-time job is criminal.

My complaint today is that it's going to rain for the next few days. i like rain but my dog refuses to go outside when the grass is wet. also i accidentally paid my water bill twice  :huh:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 06:47:02 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #496 on: October 12, 2021, 08:37:06 AM »
I woke up feeling okay, took my medicine, had some coffee, did stuff online (paying bills, so much fun) and then I felt hungry. I had some cereal and now I feel like crap :pout: My energy drained away and I feel shaky and tired. Maybe I should eat some protein...

And an unrelated second complaint - my carpal tunnel is really bad today. My entire thumb and wrist hurt.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2021, 09:30:46 AM »
The more I read about American health insurance the less I understand how anyone accesses medical care over there. I think my head would explode if I had to try and figure it out.

Although right now over here I'm not overly pleased with the NHS and the delays to the vaccines for people like my Mum. She spent some time yesterday reading the GPs the riot act over it. Apparently when she phoned on Friday whoever took her call decided that they wouldn't bother passing the message as they misunderstood what she was asking about...

So we're still waiting.

Yeah, American insurance is a crapshoot.  The insurance I get through work is absolutely awful.  I just got notified from my dentist that I need to pay for part of my visit in JULY and when I called to verify that the email was from them (thank you stupid scammers making me paranoid about pushing links) the girl told me not to pay it yet because they're still waiting to hear back from my insurance about part of it!  I need to find a job that values us enough to pay us well and provide decent insurance.  This is just getting more and more ridiculous.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2021, 02:42:38 PM »
I'm so tired :zzz: but I can't nap. I just lie there awake, maaaaybe dozing off for a few minutes. I don't know what to do with myself :( I'm too tired to get anything done but I feel bored watching TV especially since Hulu is being dumb right now and won't play Futurama. I have it on DVD but don't have a player in my bedroom and I don't have a couch to lie down on in the living room. Maybe I'll try to get cozy in the recliner.

Also, a semi complaint? I ordered groceries today and one thing I wanted was some ground turkey for turkey burgers. I only ordered a pound but when it came, I got a huge 3 pound package. It was substituted for the smaller one and I wasn't charged any extra, which is fine. But now I have a lot of ground turkey. I'm going to have to make extra burgers and freeze them. Maybe I can bring some to my parents.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2021, 02:53:00 PM »
It's gotten so cold recently, today by the evening I could even see my breath and my hands literally felt cold, not to mention I only had my light jacket on because it's only October :brr:
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 14, 2021, 06:58:51 AM »
I'm so tired.  :zzz:  :zzz:  For the last two nights I've had bad asthma attacks really early in the morning.   The one I had this morning wasn't quite as bad as the one the morning before it was still enough that it interrupted  my sleep .  Both attacks I thought had settled down and when I tried to go back to bed it was difficult to sleep because the attack started again.   That makes it really hard to be able to function at the top of my game.

The heart dr called and told my dad that his heart rate is too fast.  They gave him a prescription for it. 

My aunt (she used to be a nurse) told my dad that he needed some kind of Fitbit or heart rate tracker to monitor his heart rate to see if what the dr said is true or if he made a mistake.   My dad is not very tech savvy.  I tried to show him some good Fitbits but he decided that he didn't want.  He's also very much in to "If you see it posted on the Internet it has to be true" at times and he got on some website that was promoting a different kind of tracker.  That would have been fine but I tried to get him to look at the reviews on Amazon instead of just relying on one website's reviews.  I'm not saying that he had to get a Fitbit but I wanted him to get a good quality item that won't break soon after.  Later my mom asked me if he had picked one and I told that I didn't think he had.  Then she said that he told her that he found one.  I guess we'll see how well it works once it arrives.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2021, 04:16:59 PM »
I hate that the post is so darn slow. I'm terrible with waiting for mail to get to me.

Second complaint is my arms ache. I'm back on my meds which is supposed to help but it's not fully settled in yet.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #502 on: October 14, 2021, 05:25:08 PM »
Ponyfan, your dad sounds just like mine.

My complaint for the evening is I waited too long to eat and had a sugar crash, so I compensated by eating too much too fast and now I feel sluggish and gross :(
The worst part is that I'm tired and could go to bed, but I have to stay up for a few hours and let my stomach settle otherwise I'll wake up with acid in my throat. I hate when I do this :(

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2021, 10:40:42 AM »
Yeah Ponyfan your dad also sounds just like my dad. He bought the Amazon phone because of an article he read in the nytimes. even though i explained to him that it was a bad idea since it was a flop and amazon wasn't going to provide long term product support. he'll believe pretty anything the nytimes says even if it's about the tech industry that i work in every day. it's very frustrating. not trying to bash the nytimes but they're not perfect.

anyway

my complaint today is that i'm just in a bad mood. i want to cry for no real reason and everyone and everything is annoying me and i just want the day to be over so i can go to sleep.
:cloud:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 16, 2021, 11:01:21 AM »
I felt completely exhausted last night and all I wanted to do was sleep. That's pretty unusual for me unless I'm sick. When my dad checked my blood pressure it was lower than normal.  I also did not want to get up this morning.  I felt a little alert for a while but now I'm getting sleepy again. :zzz:

My dad's tracker arrived the other day. So far he's happy with it so I guess that's the important thing even though I wish he would have invested in a little higher quality one.   I had to set it up for him and the instructions that came with it weren't even right in some places.  Based on how awkward some of the English reads in it I think that it must have been translated into English from some another language.  For example one line says "After successfully binding the bracelet with the phone you can have a check at the Bluetooth Icon on the bracelet and the time. step, healthy data will be synchronized  It not, it means failure." :lol:

my complaint today is that i'm just in a bad mood. i want to cry for no real reason and everyone and everything is annoying me and i just want the day to be over so i can go to sleep.
:cloud:

I've felt like that recently too.  :hug:

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #505 on: October 16, 2021, 03:05:20 PM »
Today's been a frustrating day here as well.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #506 on: October 16, 2021, 04:08:24 PM »
Man, I just don't feel good :(

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 16, 2021, 06:14:09 PM »
Did I mention my boss came into my office last week and dropped off a bunch of mending?  YES.  Like, putting on buttons and hemming. 
Okay...  so here I am making tiny tiny stitches in dress shirts!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 16, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »
Today's been a frustrating day here as well.

:hug:

BlackCurtains I hope you feel better soon.

I'm still exhausted.  I almost fell asleep a couple of times today during activities that I usually am wide awake for.

Mom and I decided we wanted pizza.  My mom asked my dad to get pepperoni but he came back with cheese instead. He does this sometimes when we ask for pepperoni because my mom takes most of the pepperonis off of her pieces and we add extra toppings on it.  I don't like cheese pizza but if I would have said that he would have gotten mad. 

Later on I said something about a softball being bigger than a baseball and he told me I was wrong.

Ponyfan

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 17, 2021, 11:48:42 AM »
Thanks PonyFan. I feel a little better today. it seems like there is just gloom in the air lately :(

My complaint today is i'm trying to fix a wordpress site and it's frustrating.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal