collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75467 times)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #435 on: September 22, 2021, 06:29:51 PM »
i wanted to make cheeseburgers but the cheese has mold on it. i just bought it 9 days ago. :( it's fine without cheese but i hate wasting food.

also i had to take my partner to the dentist today so i worked later to make up the time. and now my nighttime routine is off. i just feel like the months are just blurred together and i'm just rolling from one day to the next. is this just what it's like when you're an adult?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 07:37:03 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #436 on: September 23, 2021, 02:01:46 PM »
Fortunately today this adventure had a happy ending. But yesterday I was meant to have some plants delivered.
Only the people shipping them forgot to put my house number on the label.

So the courier couldn't deliver. They didn't notify me of this, and it's only because I checked it on the tracking that I realised there was an issue.

We had to call the courier and get the delivery rearranged for today.

Meanwhile I was worried about the plants spending an extra day in transit. But they did arrive safely this morning. They were very well packed, and someone took great care over ensuring they'd travel well. But they missed the small detail of getting my address right...

On another note, baby delphiniums are so hard to raise. Last spring I grew some from seed. I had eight germinate but only three grew to proper size plants. Once they get to that size they're amazingly tenacious and bounce back from setbacks really well - but for some reason the babies are so delicate.

I had six baby delphinium seedlings arrive two weeks ago. Now I have three left. Probably. I'm not sure even now if they will all make it. They got caught in a rainstorm which didn't help. But I am generally really good with plants. Just for some reason, baby delphiniums are reallly picky. :/ Even knowing they die back at this time of the year, I don't think it's that.

Maybe this doesn't make sense to anyone else, but plants to me are like animals are to other people. So I hate not being able to help them :/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 02:03:35 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #437 on: September 23, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
I'm just having a rough day... week... or two *sigh* I wanted to actually get things done today. I still need to clean the bedroom and now the bathroom needs to be swept. The dishes are piling up.

I couldn't even take a nap -_- I tried twice, I'm so tired and got up early, but at most I hovered on the line between wakefulness and actual sleep.

Then my cat was being very loving and purring and drooling on me but then she got all bitey. She bites super hard sometimes. In fact, I have a deep puncture in my hand from a bite a few days ago. Luckily, she's missing some teeth so sometimes all she does is gum me. I didn't want her to bite hard so I stopped petting her and she was pawing at me for more cuddles - but still tried to bite me! Cats are weird. Anyway, that was upsetting because I was enjoying loving her and she had to go ruin it.

I still have that sore on the side of my tongue that makes my ear itchy. It's taking forever to heal. I keep gargling with salt water to speed up the process.

My back is bad today too. I almost fell because my leg gave out with incredible pain. I see my doctor on Monday.

I should take a shower but I just don't feel like it :(

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2021, 03:28:31 PM »
I lost the head of an HQG1C adult Boy blank!!! I still have his body & can plainly see it, but the head to go with it is nowhere!!! I hope I haven't accidentally dropped it in the bin & put it out with the rubbish...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 25, 2021, 07:45:38 AM »
i gave my dog some leftover bread and instead of eating it she decided to hide it under the guest bed comforter. i just found it and it was a little moldy. so gross! i'm glad i found it before she ate moldy bread. my dogs are strange.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2021, 11:59:29 AM »
This is going to be a long post.  :argh:

I pushed myself too hard at work this week and now I'm completely exhausted.  I felt horrible last night but I feel a little better today. 

My dad is going through some really serious health issues right now.  It's a little scary.  He almost fainted because his blood pressure dropped really low.  He went to the GP and he said that my dad needed to see the heart dr asap.  He has an appointment this week to see him.

Sometimes I feel that my mom is addecimated to electronics.  She gets upset if she doesn't get to get a digital prize for logging in to her games.  Sometimes she'll even refuse to do other activities because it's getting close to the time that she logs on to her digital games to get prizes.   She also will play on her tablet for a long time saying she's trying to get a prize during family game night when it isn't her turn.   Yet I was told that I couldn't text my friend during family game nights because I wasn't focused on the game.  She will also spend quite a bit of time playing a certain game, take a break for a few minutes and then  go back to it less than an hour later. 

I tried to talk to her about the double standard once but she got really upset with me and said that I didn't want her to have fun. Then she pouted during the next family game night so much that I finally handed her the tablet and told her to play.

I admit that I spend a lot of time on the computer and my phone playing games and doing other things but I'm able to walk away when I want to.  I don't refuse to do things because it cuts in to my electronic time.  I really just needed to vent about that somewhere.

Also my dad snapped at me today but I know it's because he's not feeling well.  I was trying to explain time him that I needed to fix my purse because my hand sanitizer holder had gotten attached to the strap of my purse instead of the metal ring the strap goes through.  He told me "Well, fix it" 

I've had some weird itchy dry skin patches appear recently. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2021, 01:02:31 PM »
Ponyfan I hope your dad is ok :)

My parents had to put their last cat to sleep today. They say no more pets but i'm really worried about them not having a pet. they've always had at least 1 cat or dog.

sometimes it's hard to talk to them because they sound so much older and it just makes me worry. i worry about them a lot more and i'm trying to get them to move closer.

we're in the process of buying a house right now so we're not moving back to Houston. we were planning to more back to Houston but my parents said they wanted to move closer to us. but now they seem to have lost interest in moving and are making more updates to their house. I love Houston but i can't deal with the flooding and there aren't as many jobs for me there. and the traffic!

i just want them to move here. i'm an only child and i don't really have any other family i feel i can rely on to take care of them. and i feel like it isn't their responsibility either. having aging parents is rough.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #442 on: September 25, 2021, 05:39:44 PM »
I hope your dad is okay too, Ponyfan.

My mouse wheel is acting up again. I had fixed it by taking my mouse apart and cleaning the wheel with a Q-tip and alcohol. There actually wasn't much gunk on it or any cat hair stuck (which is what I thought was the problem), but it worked fine afterwards so :shrug:

It's doing the same thing again, skipping ahead real fast instead of, ya know, scrolling. Or going up instead of down. It's real frustrating! I don't want to take it apart again, those tiny screws really hurt my carpal tunnel :( This mouse was $45 and I bought it about... hmm, 5 or 6 years ago? Maybe it's time I replaced it. I don't have the same disposable income I had at that time now though. I can wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday and see if I can find something.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 25, 2021, 07:43:29 PM »
Thank you Beth and BlackCurtains.  After I posted that I found out that he did faint twice within a few minutes but he didn't tell my mom about until the next day.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 26, 2021, 03:23:26 AM »
My shoulder has been hurting for 3 days now. It needs to stop because I wanna crochet. >:C
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 26, 2021, 04:23:18 AM »
Huggles & sharky snuggles Ponyfan xxx

I just heard that Blahaj, the Ikea sharky, may be discontinued... :sad: :cloud:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 26, 2021, 11:07:59 AM »
i bought some fresh mint and it froze in the refrigerator. i'm really trying to resist the impulse to get more potted plants since we're moving soon. but i'm tired of buying herbs that go bad.

I also keep getting scam messages that look like they're from ATT. they're from random phone numbers with a link that i'm guessing is a scam website. I have not clicked through. but they mimic the exact format of a normal text notification from ATT. it's pretty scary. i hate scammers ruining tech.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:56:49 PM by Beth3346 »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #447 on: September 26, 2021, 11:24:09 PM »
It's 2am and I can't sleep. I went to bed at 8. Tossed and turned, kept waking up. I have muscle relaxers for my back and they make me sleepy, but even with that I can't sleep more than 15 minutes at a time. My bed is really uncomfortable tonight making my back hurt more.

So now I'm up.

It's cold in here :brr:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 27, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »
I just ordered a book from my Amazon wishlist.  But I can't get excited yet.

Most of my wishlist is HTF, out of print books.  and WHEN they are available, they are usually expensive.  but I looked and saw that a new listing had been created ... that was in my budget with free shipping.  So I jumped right on that and pushed all the buttons.

But I don't want to get excited yet until it ships because the seller could still cancel the transaction, especially if they notice that normally the item goes for much more.  And I know Amazon has tools that tell the seller this...  >.<  so it's a stressful wait for my shipping confirmation...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #449 on: September 27, 2021, 04:20:29 PM »
@Ponyfan, my Dad had an episode like that going back eight or nine years now. It turned out he had a problem with one of his medications. I hope your Dad feels better soon and that they're able to help him.

It rained so hard last night. Like, seriously hard and it was also windy. Which is annoying because I don't have an overhang on my window. Sooo...it just comes against my window and it was so loud I hardly got any sleep. Then of course this morning it was all sunny like nothing happened.

I also can't get the Japanese books I need because they only ship to Japan right now. Sigh.

...I shall refrain from complaining about the idiots at the petrol stations.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal