collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75467 times)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #405 on: September 13, 2021, 10:59:55 AM »
listened to a podcast about the case from the 90s where the woman spilled mcdonald's coffee on herself and sued. this case i so sad and upsetting. i already knew that her case was horrifying and she was severely injured from the coffee that was basically boiling hot. but this story makes me so angry every time. it's so upsetting that this is the case everyone made fun of and thought was a frivolous money grab. i'm not sure if it's widely known but the way the case was portrayed in the media and parodied on seinfeld is completely innacurate. i didn't know until i commented to a barista at starbucks about my partner saying the coffee wasn't as hot as he liked. and the barista told me that learning about the case is part of their training and it was actually a tragic and sad case.

btw if you like podcasts "You're wrong about..." is really good. especially if you grew up in the 90s. one of their overarching themes is unfairly maligned women of the 80s and 90s. which i appreciate. just a note it's not a kid appropriate podcast. Swindled also had an episode about this case but i had to stop listening to that podcast because it was too depressing for me.

also my dog managed to rip a hole in my mattress pad before i got a chance to put the clean sheets on it. i am glad it was just the pad and not the mattress
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:20:57 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline MouseCardinal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 14, 2021, 04:55:35 AM »
listened to a podcast about the case from the 90s where the woman spilled mcdonald's coffee on herself and sued. this case i so sad and upsetting. i already knew that her case was horrifying and she was severely injured from the coffee that was basically boiling hot. but this story makes me so angry every time. it's so upsetting that this is the case everyone made fun of and thought was a frivolous money grab. i'm not sure if it's widely known but the way the case was portrayed in the media and parodied on seinfeld is completely innacurate. i didn't know until i commented to a barista at starbucks about my partner saying the coffee wasn't as hot as he liked. and the barista told me that learning about the case is part of their training and it was actually a tragic and sad case.

btw if you like podcasts "You're wrong about..." is really good. especially if you grew up in the 90s. Swindled also had an episode about this case but i had to stop listening to that podcast because it was too depressing for me.

also my dog managed to rip a hole in my mattress pad before i got a chance to put the clean sheets on it. i am glad it was just the pad and not the mattress
We discussed this case in a law & logic class I took back in college. It's a real shame :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art by NanoRuby
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 14, 2021, 07:21:24 AM »
A few years ago my dad ordered a set of Fitbit bands from Amazon for my mom and I to share.  Some of the colors were more appealing than others.  We used the ones we liked the most and said we would use the others later. Part of my band broke yesterday and now we can't find the package of extra ones.  I had to find the original band, clean it up and am using that one until the new package of bands arrive.

I haven't been feeling well the last few days.  I don't think I'm sick. It's just a general unwell feeling.  Today I feel like I have a slight headache.  It's not enough for me to take pain medication but I know it's there and causing me discomfort.  I'm also restless today which is unusual for me. 

The supplement I ordered through my drs office to help me with my weight loss hasn't arrived yet.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #408 on: September 14, 2021, 09:41:39 AM »
My back problem has progressed to numbness in my right foot up to my knee. I think I do have to go to the ER now. It hurts even when I'm sitting, which it didn't at first. Also it's affects my left leg too now, pain shoots down them both.

Great. Just after everything with my sister happened and I have to go to the hospital too. My parents are going to be so worried :(

I don't know if I should go today or wait another day or two.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2021, 10:17:31 AM »
My back problem has progressed to numbness in my right foot up to my knee. I think I do have to go to the ER now. It hurts even when I'm sitting, which it didn't at first. Also it's affects my left leg too now, pain shoots down them both.

Great. Just after everything with my sister happened and I have to go to the hospital too. My parents are going to be so worried :(

I don't know if I should go today or wait another day or two.

numbness doesn't sound good. i would go to the ER as soon as possible.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #410 on: September 14, 2021, 12:30:18 PM »
Yes, I am. I getting ready for a hospital stay incase they want to do surgery or something. The numbness is spreading to my other leg and hands.

eta update: They didn't keep me or do any tests on my back. I got a couple of referrals, prescriptions and two shots. Of course the doctor had to bring up my weight, like I've forgotten I'm fat and that it affects things :pout: Yeah, I've had back problems since I was 17 and fell down some stairs and yeah, I know I have sciatica but my leg has never gone numb before. And this pain is intense - and I have an extremely high tolerance for pain. But oh well.

At least I have the referrals. And I'm glad to be home. I was worried about leaving my cat alone.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 06:16:03 PM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2021, 11:48:22 AM »
Don’t you just adore it when your elbow hits something and then it and your whole lower arm all the way to your fingers feels all weird for a good five minutes after?
I don’t.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
I'm glad that you didn't have to stay in the hospital, BlackCurtains but sorry that the drs weren't able to really give you any help.

I found something I thought was interesting and posted a picture of it in some of the Facebook groups I'm in.  I got one really condescending comment about the item being "for kids."  I didn't think about it being an item marketed to children, just that it was a game based on something that I know a lot of people collect and I thought some adults might have been interested enough to buy and play it.

I have been using a Cool Turtle insert in my mask.  I washed it today after work but accidently dropped it. I picked it back up and washed it again.  When I dried it off I noticed a little spot that I thought was makeup on the bottom.  When I tried to get it off, I realized that it wasn't makeup but the top plastic layer of the Cool Turtle actually peeling off.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 15, 2021, 02:27:26 PM »
Finally got to purchase my dream guitar... and put in the wrong shipping address. :facepalm: Trying to figure out how I can correct it.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 15, 2021, 02:31:52 PM »
Don’t you just adore it when your elbow hits something and then it and your whole lower arm all the way to your fingers feels all weird for a good five minutes after?
I don’t.
Ow, that's the worst  :yikes:

Art by NanoRuby

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2021, 03:18:48 PM »
I have a bad headache that won't go away no matter what I do. I tried medicine, doubling up on medicine, taking a nap. Guess I have to bring out the big guns and get the ice bag.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2021, 06:37:34 PM »
My cat destroyed stuff today. She has never done this before :(

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 16, 2021, 08:23:40 AM »
Woke up with a sore on my tongue  >_<

Art by NanoRuby

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #418 on: September 16, 2021, 12:48:49 PM »
My mental health case worker was supposed to come over at 2. She no-showed and didn't call or anything :mad: I was taking a nap and got up early to make sure I would be awake when she came. Now I can't go back to sleep. Boo!

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2021, 07:02:35 PM »
I bought a can of bubblegum soda, figuring that two great things combined would result in something even greater. Boy, was I wrong...
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal