collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76157 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2021, 09:57:44 AM »
There's a tropical storm coming, "Elsa" (which I think should have been a polar storm name instead) and if it stays on course it will make landfall near me. I've been in a lot of tropical storms so I'm not bothered. However, it's making the atmospheric pressure change and I have a horrible headache and because of the panic buying, I can't get groceries.

In bug related news, I am having a fruit fly problem yet again. Maybe they do come through the drains after all. And there was a tiny ant on my water bottle this morning inside the lid that I had been drinking from. I also found them in my dirty clothes. Are they feasting on my sweat? Why in my clothes? I know RIFA like dirty clothes, but they're insane. I can't spray my clothes... so instead I sprayed the carpet around my laundry basket and by my nightstand. Ugh. I just want everything alive that isn't my cat to GET OUT.

Ow, my head :( My eczema is flaring up too.

Be safe. And same goes to anyone in its path.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2021, 10:10:00 AM »
I'll take your rain any day.  I love the rain but we're currently in drought mode.  It's also going to be between 99 and 104 this week...

Usually it's pretty dry here in the summer. I wish i could send some rain to the dry part of the country
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2021, 12:04:09 PM »
Be safe. And same goes to anyone in its path.

Thanks. It passed without issue. It dumped about an inch of rain and it was windy, but not too bad. It's broken up by now.

I find I notice how good my vitamins are when I stop taking them! It is sweet of you to call your Mum and Dad, I usually only call mine every couple of weeks!

Yeah. I've been out of my regular vitamins for a while, they contain extra zinc and some ginseng. The ones I've been taking are fine, they just don't have that extra energy boost. I'd take just about anything right now though!

I call my mom every couple of days. Her thing is she keeps the phone off the hook (or whatever the modern equivalent is to that) whenever a telemarketer or scammer calls. So I call and get the "this number is unavailable right now" because the phone is still on. I tried texting my sister to tell her to tell my mom to hang the phone up but now she's not returning my texts either. Sigh.

My complaints today are I'm still dizzy and my head feels heavy. I had to go drop my rent check off across the street because today is the last day before it's late. Ugh. The temp is only 87 but the humidity from all the rain is high and it's like a sauna out there. Plus, the rain and dampness makes it smell like rotting vegetation. Also, a wasp was following me and making me nervous. It really liked my shoes for some reason.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2021, 02:34:13 PM »
We have been having a new shower fitted, the ceiling in the utility and the hall had to come down as it was like the spaghetti junction in pipes and wires. Then the builders back went (I supplied him with pain meds, food and tea. He didn't want the ice pack though). There is mess through out the whole house, from all the work. He comes back Monday to hopefully fit the rest of the shower. Fingers crossed it is more straight forward.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2021, 04:07:49 PM »
I checked out a Nintendo Switch from the library and now I want one.  But I am reluctant because A) I don't want my niece and nephews to spend all summer playing it instead of going outside and being with their grandparents, B) the one I really want connects to a TV but the TV in my room doesn't have an HDMI hookup (it isn't even a flat screen!), and C) I don't game that often, but I really like to have things available when I feel like gaming so in some ways I'm okay with getting it but sometimes my stuff feels a bit like a waste of money...until I play the games and then I'm glad I have them.

So...I may have to get one and not let anyone know I got it until the kids leave...

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2021, 06:34:37 AM »
That saying excuse me or pardon me is met with an attitude that you just kicked a puppy. Sense when is being polite considered vulgar.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2021, 10:13:50 AM »
I must have bitten my tongue in my sleep, or I was chewing on it. It's all swollen on one side and feels super weird.

edit, a few hours later: I am not having a good day. My brain isn't working.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 02:20:26 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2021, 05:46:01 AM »
I have a lot of complaints today.  My dog had a horrible seizure Friday night.  For a minute I thought we'd lost her but she was okay Sat morning.   We are also having trouble with her going outside to do what she needs to.  She knows that she need to go outside to do that but many times lately she just does it inside. 

I forgot that I had some wrapped candy in my jeans pocket and put them in the laundry.  Hours later I remembered the candy, pulled everything out and only found empty wrappers and a little bit of red liquid in one wrapper.  I guess the candy dissolved in the wash.

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I just checked my Fitbit and it says I got a little over 5 hours which is better than I thought but I'm still tired. I also had an asthma attack during the night.

We are having trouble with flies in the kitchen.  My dad wants me to burn citronella candles in the house to get rid of them because "You like to burn candles."   I thought they were supposed to burned outside and away from people?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »
I found something on the floor of my office and, thinking it was a broken piece of DVD case, picked it up to throw it away.  It wasn't a piece of plastic.  It was a flattened Roly-Poly (pill bug).  I like them when they're alive but I don't like them dead and squished flat by something (probably my AV cart).  And I touched it!  :freak:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2021, 01:25:19 PM »
Ponyfan - I'm sorry about your dog :( And yeah, citronella isn't supposed to be used indoors. Besides, it doesn't kill pests it just keeps them away, so if you burn it in the kitchen they'll just move to a bedroom or something.

My complaint is nothing is getting done. I need to clean my apartment; dust, vacuum, break down cardboard, put stuff in the pantry, etc. I haven't even hooked up my new modem and Flex, which is a streaming device from Comcast that has Disney+ and Peacock. I did manage to clean the litter box yesterday and gather the garbage. Today I finally took a shower. I'm really tired now and don't feel like doing anything.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »
BC: we all get days like that. It happens, especially with your health issues. Take it easy & do what you can, when you can.

Ponyfan: hope your dog recovers & gets what treatment she needs xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2021, 10:58:59 PM »
Saw another roach in my office/pony room. They weren’t coming from the drain I guess because I plugged all those up.
When I spayed it with Raid it crawled UP my curtain. :yikes: I’m about ready to move my work computer to another room until I figure this thing out…I’m so disgusted

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2021, 12:37:57 AM »
I hope your dog is doing better, Ponyfan! That's really scary.

I had some fun stuff planned for today, but now I'm just feeling cranky and groggy because I was woken and kept up in the middle of the night by the ghastly sound of what can only be described as a bunch of empty cans being drilled into? I have no idea what it actually was, but I could still hear it after closing my window. I was wearing ear plugs the whole time.

Wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2021, 04:51:27 AM »
Ahh, that story about the dead bug freaked me out...xD I am fine with most bugs alive but not fine with any dead ones. Ugh.

I'm constantly having to put moths out in the morning at the moment. It feels like I'm running a moth bus service between my ceiling and the window. They come in at night, flap all over me and then if I don't remove them in the morning, they drop dead somewhere for me to find them. I think they're cute when they're alive and not divebombing me, but I really don't like them dead. I missed a couple though...someone is going to have to come clear my windowsill because I'm not touching them...

Wishing your dog the best, Ponyfan. Also you too :)

Since lockdown started procrastination and disorganisation seem to go hand in hand with stuff here. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2021, 05:46:37 AM »
It's only 8:30 in the morning and the day is off to a great start! I had the pleasure of finding not one but two ant trails. One from the cat food dish and one from a minuscule pile of cheese powder on the kitchen counter. Where did they lead? Oh just to the fire alarm on the wall in the hallway and an outlet that my microwave and coffee pot are plugged into :pullhair:

The colony is in the walls. Wonderful.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal