collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76170 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2021, 07:48:50 AM »
When someone randomly calls me to task online for calling myself an autistic person, because it should be "person first, not labels."

And then compounds it by suggesting 'person with cognitive delay' is more appropriate language.

...It took a LOT OF MENTAL ENERGY not to implode them on the spot.

It's in a wider discussion on diversity awareness, and I think it's really important to make the awareness point and challenge this stuff politely. But yeesh...bottling that up is stressful.

I don't mind person first rhetoric if an individual prefers it, but it's not right for anyone to tell any disabled person how they should refer to THEIR OWN disability, much less imply that a better way to discuss that disability is to label it something that it isn't.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2021, 08:10:58 AM »
When someone randomly calls me to task online for calling myself an autistic person, because it should be "person first, not labels."

And then compounds it by suggesting 'person with cognitive delay' is more appropriate language.

...It took a LOT OF MENTAL ENERGY not to implode them on the spot.

It's in a wider discussion on diversity awareness, and I think it's really important to make the awareness point and challenge this stuff politely. But yeesh...bottling that up is stressful.

I don't mind person first rhetoric if an individual prefers it, but it's not right for anyone to tell any disabled person how they should refer to THEIR OWN disability, much less imply that a better way to discuss that disability is to label it something that it isn't.
THIS!!! In freaking SPADES
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2021, 09:54:44 AM »
I had to leave the vegetarian and vegan groups I was in on Facebook because EVERY. SINGLE. POST. was inundated with meat eaters posting pictures of dead animals :( I don't understand why people join groups just to harass the intended members. I was in the groups to get news about new veggie/vegan alternatives and recipes and stuff. The worst part? Facebook doesn't automatically hide most of the content posted. What drove me to leave finally was a gif inside a slaughterhouse that wasn't censored. Plus, I'm just tired of seeing the same exact thing said over and over and over again by the meat eaters. Just leave us alone :mad: :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2021, 10:36:45 AM »
And the meat eaters are the ones claiming we vegetarians & vegans harass them...
The mind boggles...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2021, 10:42:43 AM »
And the meat eaters are the ones claiming we vegetarians & vegans harass them...
The mind boggles...

TBH I think the diet situation is a bit like this.

95% of each group are just getting on with their lives eating stuff they want to eat.
5% of each group are trolls who go out harassing the other for whatever reason, I don't know.

I'm not vegetarian but I don't eat a lot of meat - I do eat fish though so yeah. But my university friends, a lot of them were vegetarians and it was never an issue.

Basically trolls are trolls, whatever they eat. :'/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »
I had to leave the vegetarian and vegan groups I was in on Facebook because EVERY. SINGLE. POST. was inundated with meat eaters posting pictures of dead animals :( I don't understand why people join groups just to harass the intended members. I was in the groups to get news about new veggie/vegan alternatives and recipes and stuff. The worst part? Facebook doesn't automatically hide most of the content posted. What drove me to leave finally was a gif inside a slaughterhouse that wasn't censored. Plus, I'm just tired of seeing the same exact thing said over and over and over again by the meat eaters. Just leave us alone :mad: :(

that's really disturbing. i'm not sure why facebook is such a negative place. it seems like there are trolls who just want to create chaos for the sake of chaos.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »
that's really disturbing. i'm not sure why facebook is such a negative place. it seems like there are trolls who just want to create chaos for the sake of chaos.

I belong to a lot of groups where people come in to harass us, but most of the time the admins and mods of the group will take care of the trolls, removing their posts and banning them. For some reason, all three veggie/vegan groups I was in didn't do this. They just let the trolls say and post whatever, adding to the problem.

It's just isn't Facebook though. I left Twitter years ago because of witnessing people I liked (famous people) show their true selves by posting horrible things. LiveJournal (yes, it's still around) has its influx of trolls too. I belong to a Sims Journal and we get trolls - for a video game! It's insane.

There's a saying or a quote by someone and it's something like, anonymity plus an audience bring out the worst in people. It's true.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2021, 11:07:11 PM »
I woke up choking and coughing. Now I'm wide awake and have a headache.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2021, 05:39:54 AM »
I'm exhausted. :zzz:  :zzz:   I had been sleeping well lately but last night I had a really hard time going to sleep.  According to my tracker I got around 4 hours but that include an hour of being awake so it's really more like 3. I have stuff that I need to get done today and being sleep deprived is going to make it harder to complete stuff.

When I finally did fall asleep I had weird dreams.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2021, 08:03:33 AM »
I was at the dentist today and they told me I can't drink coffee or anything staining for the rest of the day :crazy:
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2021, 07:29:59 PM »
I know these things shouldn't bother as much as it does but I can't seem to help it.  Maybe part of it's because I didn't get much sleep last night.

My parents knew that I had an appointment today. On they way there they told me that they were going to go to a store I liked while I was busy at the appointment.  There would have been nothing for them to do while I was there so I understand why they wanted to do something else but it irritated me a bit that they decided to tell me about going to the store after they knew that I couldn't go with them.

Later I told my dad that I was setting the DVR recorder (it is an external one not through the cable box) to record a show for us to watch later.  When I went to stop the recording I noticed that the TV was on a different channel.   When I checked it someone had changed the channel a few minutes after the show started.  My dad admitted he changed it to a different show. 

Also, I've been putting the TV on a show that my parents really like in the afternoon.  I like the show too but it conflicts with another show at the same time.  The other day I put it on for them and neither one of them came in the living room to watch it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2021, 09:29:12 PM »
Sorry, Ponyfan. I know how it is when little things are a bother :hug:

Speaking of sleep, my sleep is all kinds of wacky. I was going to bed early (7-8pm) and getting up early (5-6am) and it was bothering me because I've always been a night owl and don't know how I got switched around. So I started forcing myself to stay up until 1-2am, but I was still waking up at 5-6 and it was hard to go back to sleep. Well now I find myself getting up and sleeping whenever. Like tonight I went to sleep at 7 and woke around 10:30 and now I'm up. I'll probably stay up another 2-3 hours and then go back to bed and most likely sleep until 2 in the afternoon tomorrow.

It doesn't really matter... I don't have anywhere to be so I'm able to sleep whenever, but I kind of liked being on a normal-ish schedule, I just didn't like the times. I need to figure out when I want to be awake and try to fix things.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2021, 10:54:12 AM »
Watching some kids play block politics on another site. Realised I'm old, and probably glad I am.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2021, 12:07:20 PM »
I found a roach in my downstairs bathtub today. :X luckily it was dead this time, but this is the second time this month I’ve found a roach in there. I never even use that tub so idk what would be attracting them all of a sudden

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2021, 04:45:53 PM »
it's so hot!  so HOT...  116F/46.6 C 

SOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOT
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal