collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75549 times)

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2021, 07:33:31 PM »
I'm getting peed on by tree sap sitting on my deck  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2021, 08:48:18 PM »
So last weekend we watched my nephews (ages 4 & 10).  The 10-yr-old (who is from my SIL's previous relationship btw) refused to eat lunch so was rooting around in the pantry for food.  When I found him, he had his hands in MY bag of cereal.  This wouldn't be an issue if he ever washed his hands.  So I told him he needed to just pour the cereal into a dish because when he touched his privates to pee and then touched the food, it got germs all over the food that everyone was supposed to eat.

Apparently, this was too much truth for him to handle and after he got home he started crying and telling his parents that I was mean to him because I expect him to wash his hands after using the bathroom. 

Boo.  Freaking.  Hoo.  I don't like crotch crusties in my cereal and in fact will not eat any of the cereal now (it was a brand new bag--I'd had 1 bowl) so maybe what I should have done was handed him the bag and told him it was his because his hands were too disgusting for anyone else to eat it.  That would have been mean.  And at 10 years old he NEEDS to start washing without someone standing there telling him to do it.

This is why I'm glad none of my close relatives has any kids :X
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2021, 09:56:14 PM »
So last weekend we watched my nephews (ages 4 & 10).  The 10-yr-old (who is from my SIL's previous relationship btw) refused to eat lunch so was rooting around in the pantry for food.  When I found him, he had his hands in MY bag of cereal.  This wouldn't be an issue if he ever washed his hands.  So I told him he needed to just pour the cereal into a dish because when he touched his privates to pee and then touched the food, it got germs all over the food that everyone was supposed to eat.

Apparently, this was too much truth for him to handle and after he got home he started crying and telling his parents that I was mean to him because I expect him to wash his hands after using the bathroom. 

Boo.  Freaking.  Hoo.  I don't like crotch crusties in my cereal and in fact will not eat any of the cereal now (it was a brand new bag--I'd had 1 bowl) so maybe what I should have done was handed him the bag and told him it was his because his hands were too disgusting for anyone else to eat it.  That would have been mean.  And at 10 years old he NEEDS to start washing without someone standing there telling him to do it.

This is why I'm glad none of my close relatives has any kids :X

Yeah, well he doesn't flush either which is how I know he doesn't use TP even on #2s!  For years I've refused to touch bags of chips/popcorn/cookies after he's been over because of this issue.  When my dad told me that my brother said my nephew was upset over the situation he talked to me about it and I told him what I'd said. My dad's response was "Well, if it's true, it's true."  (Of course he thinks my nephew is an overdramatic spoiled little fart so I'm not surprised he would side with me.)  Considering that the 4-year-old washes his hands, flushes the toilet and brushes his teeth without having to be told, it isn't too much to expect from the 10-year-old.  My sister's kids are over for the summer so this nephew will be staying over again this week.  We'll see if he remembers to wash his hands...

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2021, 05:54:32 AM »
Yeah, well he doesn't flush either which is how I know he doesn't use TP even on #2s!  For years I've refused to touch bags of chips/popcorn/cookies after he's been over because of this issue.  When my dad told me that my brother said my nephew was upset over the situation he talked to me about it and I told him what I'd said. My dad's response was "Well, if it's true, it's true."  (Of course he thinks my nephew is an overdramatic spoiled little fart so I'm not surprised he would side with me.)  Considering that the 4-year-old washes his hands, flushes the toilet and brushes his teeth without having to be told, it isn't too much to expect from the 10-year-old.  My sister's kids are over for the summer so this nephew will be staying over again this week.  We'll see if he remembers to wash his hands...

How can his parents allow such behavior?
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2021, 06:35:49 AM »
My eczema is horrible today.  My hands feel like they are on fire.  I used my medicine and it helped a bit but they still hurt.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2021, 08:01:00 AM »
My eczema is horrible today.  My hands feel like they are on fire.  I used my medicine and it helped a bit but they still hurt.

Ponyfan

Saaaaaame. I have a growing patch on my arm and today it's starting on my hand. Sometimes ice helps with mine, it pulls the heat out and makes it feel better.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2021, 08:16:55 AM »

He has ADD and they don't always make him take his meds especially in the summer or on weekends because he doesn't "need" them when he's not in school.  So they write it off instead of insisting that he learn to do things or take his meds so he can "remember" to do things.  If the meds make that much difference then they need to quit letting him not take them just because they don't want to make him.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2021, 09:16:14 AM »

He has ADD and they don't always make him take his meds especially in the summer or on weekends because he doesn't "need" them when he's not in school.  So they write it off instead of insisting that he learn to do things or take his meds so he can "remember" to do things.  If the meds make that much difference then they need to quit letting him not take them just because they don't want to make him.

TBH when I read that I wondered if it was a problem sequencing behaviours, rather than necessarily something that medicine can resolve. But I don't know the kid. Just if it's an executive function issue, it may well simply be that his brain struggles to remember to do things in the right order, and things go missing.

Since I was a kid I've always done my teeth etc in the morning/evening in the exact same process because my short term memory sometimes flips out on me and if I change up that routine I'm more likely to forget about it. The number of days I'm sure I've plugged in my internet...and actually haven't...or thought I locked the door...but actually didn't...

I'm not sure what the solution is in practical terms, especially since it relates to his family and how they would want to handle it. But I feel like maybe an established routine would help him around toilet functions. As you said, as he grows, it's an increasing issue he's going to be much more hurt by going forward.

Sometimes stuff like that seems like bad behaviour but it's not actually. I got told off a lot for not remembering to do things as a kid, as though I was doing it on purpose, so it's probable that he knows there's an issue...just not how to resolve it. Hence he reacted how he did, even though all you did was point out something reasonable. I remember being told off about stuff and feeling helpless because I didn't know how to fix that, but for my parents it was obvious how I should fix it (for example keeping my bedroom tidy), and so I'd keep getting in trouble for the same thing :/

I don't have ADHD as such, but I have worked with kids with ADHD and I know executive function issues can affect both ASD and ADHD, so it's just what immediately popped into my head. People with executive function issues have trouble sequencing actions or following them in a set order. For me it's organisation, cooking and navigating, but for him it may be personal hygiene. Just something that occurred to me.

On a superficial note though. I shuddered.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2021, 12:31:37 PM »
Got twitterpated pigeons outside in the back garden, don’t they know that Spring is over and stop doing it. Wakes me up at four in the morning have a hard time going back to sleep.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2021, 12:38:50 PM »
It is so hot and humid here! I poured myself a cold glass of milk, drank it and went to use the toilet. Wasn’t even gone three minutes or so. Glass looks like I just pulled it out of the sink without drying.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2021, 12:43:36 PM »

TBH when I read that I wondered if it was a problem sequencing behaviours, rather than necessarily something that medicine can resolve. But I don't know the kid. Just if it's an executive function issue, it may well simply be that his brain struggles to remember to do things in the right order, and things go missing.

Since I was a kid I've always done my teeth etc in the morning/evening in the exact same process because my short term memory sometimes flips out on me and if I change up that routine I'm more likely to forget about it. The number of days I'm sure I've plugged in my internet...and actually haven't...or thought I locked the door...but actually didn't...

I'm not sure what the solution is in practical terms, especially since it relates to his family and how they would want to handle it. But I feel like maybe an established routine would help him around toilet functions. As you said, as he grows, it's an increasing issue he's going to be much more hurt by going forward.

Sometimes stuff like that seems like bad behaviour but it's not actually. I got told off a lot for not remembering to do things as a kid, as though I was doing it on purpose, so it's probable that he knows there's an issue...just not how to resolve it. Hence he reacted how he did, even though all you did was point out something reasonable. I remember being told off about stuff and feeling helpless because I didn't know how to fix that, but for my parents it was obvious how I should fix it (for example keeping my bedroom tidy), and so I'd keep getting in trouble for the same thing :/

I don't have ADHD as such, but I have worked with kids with ADHD and I know executive function issues can affect both ASD and ADHD, so it's just what immediately popped into my head. People with executive function issues have trouble sequencing actions or following them in a set order. For me it's organisation, cooking and navigating, but for him it may be personal hygiene. Just something that occurred to me.

On a superficial note though. I shuddered.

My brother has ADHD so he knows what it's like when he's not on his meds, which is why I roll my eyes when they use the excuse that they just didn't want to make him take them.  And this kid has been like this since I met him when he was 3.  He does something he knows he isn't supposed to.  Someone says something to him.  He falls apart crying about how mean everyone is to him.  His mommy coddles him and tells everyone to be nice. (If I cry, mommy will yell at everyone and make my feel sads better and I don't have to change my behavior.) I think it's a learned reaction at this point especially since I called him on it once and he immediately stopped "crying" because I'd caught him and told him to cut it out.  He's very much what I would describe as a snowflake, though.  Reality is going to chew him up and spit him out.

Oh well.  I guess if my SIL doesn't like the way I talk to him, she'll watch him closer instead of expecting me to do it. 

Today's complaint:  I'm debating whether or not to apply for a job several states away.  The pay is better but the city is like a million times more dangerous...

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »
i made some larger payments on my credit cards but somehow my credit score went down :huh: i hate debt.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2021, 07:31:14 PM »

Ponyfan

Saaaaaame. I have a growing patch on my arm and today it's starting on my hand. Sometimes ice helps with mine, it pulls the heat out and makes it feel better.

I'm sorry you're also experiencing this level of pain.  :(  I've never tried putting ice on my eczema before but it sounds like a good idea.

I ate a green banana today.  I thought it was taste a little different than a yellow one but I've eaten slightly green ones before this one tasted terrible.   :yucky: I would have stopped eating it and thrown it away but I was afraid my parents would complain about me wasting food. The texture and taste were horrible.

My dad refuses to act like he is sick and won't rest  in bed or take it easy. He insists on doing his normal activities  As a result he is extremely grumpy and getting mad over little things.   

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2021, 08:33:48 AM »
i made some larger payments on my credit cards but somehow my credit score went down :huh: i hate debt.

Your credit score is a confusing thing.  The only thing a credit score does is tell sellers & loan officers that you know how to make debt.  Stupid, right?  The more debt you have (if you make payments regularly) the higher your score.  The less debt you have (because you are smart with your money) the lower your score. If you close a credit card or pay off a loan your credit score DROPS.  But a low credit score means a loan risk so higher interest rate.  So if you are smart with your money you are a loan risk based on your credit score.  Does your head hurt yet?

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2021, 09:42:01 AM »

Your credit score is a confusing thing.  The only thing a credit score does is tell sellers & loan officers that you know how to make debt.  Stupid, right?  The more debt you have (if you make payments regularly) the higher your score.  The less debt you have (because you are smart with your money) the lower your score. If you close a credit card or pay off a loan your credit score DROPS.  But a low credit score means a loan risk so higher interest rate.  So if you are smart with your money you are a loan risk based on your credit score.  Does your head hurt yet?

yeah when i paid off my car loan a couple of years ago my score dropped. it went up again a couple of month later but it was strange to me. i'm buying a house so i'm trying to pay off whatever debt i have before we actually close. the payment is higher than what i'm paying in rent because housing is more expensive now. its new construction so it will be a few months. my credit score isn't bad but seeing a 30 point drop was a shock. there's also a big difference in the score depending on the reporting agency.

it frustrates me because it seems like it would be easy to game the system if you have a good cash flow. but if you actually need debt to get through a rough patch there is a hefty penalty. it's taken years for me to claw my way out from the debt I built up when i did freelance work and didn't have steady pay. i had to use credit cards to get through times i was waiting on clients to pay.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal