collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 75531 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2022, 03:26:54 PM »
Throughout yesterday morning and evening, planes or fighter jets flew in the sky!  :blink: (Why?)
It was annoying to listen to that noise all the time.  >_<  The cats were scared. Snow also came down from the roof at the same time and caused more rumble. They are afraid of those sounds, and thunder is a similar nightmare to them.  :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 19, 2022, 04:11:02 PM »
Front lawn has been driven over again >_< Dad has moved some large stones, painted them white and placed them where the lawn has been driven over. I had been planning to buy a large, cute, mother duck and even cuter ducklings to put on the lawn as a deterrent.

This is the fourth time in 6 months it has been driven over. The first time was buy a 12 wheel, curtain sided lorry, it was soooooo bad, the council had to come and out to clear up the mess on the road. There was mud and lawn smeared up the road for 50 meters and a two foot deep trough/gouge in the lawn.

Love pkw xxx

Your dad is nicer than I would be.  After the third time I would have buried spikes that would pop their tires.  If they complained I'd ask them why they were trespassing on and vandalizing my property.  If they called the cops, I'd point out the damage to them and let them ticket the violators.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 19, 2022, 08:39:13 PM »
I still had some leftover coffee beans at the bottom of the bag that I didn't want to throw out but after grinding them up it turned out there wasn't enough of them even for one cup of coffee, so I only poured enough water for half a cup, but it was still not enough even for that and the coffee turned out really weak, so in the end I had to just pour it down the drain >_<
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #858 on: January 20, 2022, 06:52:36 AM »
Still sick -_- My joints really hurt, even my fingers. It's been pretty cold the last week or so, and that could be contributing, but I think it's mostly whatever I have caught. My mom is sick too, but our symptoms are different so I don't think it's the same thing. It's not covid (why does spellcheck still not recognize this?!).

I'm also going to complain about people standing under my bedroom window and talking LOUDLY this morning. It was two dudes, I have no idea who they were. I know they don't live close, unless they were visiting. I also don't know what they were talking about, I missed the beginning of their conversation due to being asleep! It was super early too! Like 6:30! Granted, I usually get up around then but since I'm not feeling well I didn't want to get up yet. I was able to go back to sleep when they finally walked away.

I blame the tree. People like to stand by it. It's a very nice tree. It helps block my window from my neighbors. But people need to go to the little park and talk instead. I hate overhearing people.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2022, 07:05:09 AM »
Front lawn has been driven over again >_< Dad has moved some large stones, painted them white and placed them where the lawn has been driven over. I had been planning to buy a large, cute, mother duck and even cuter ducklings to put on the lawn as a deterrent.

This is the fourth time in 6 months it has been driven over. The first time was buy a 12 wheel, curtain sided lorry, it was soooooo bad, the council had to come and out to clear up the mess on the road. There was mud and lawn smeared up the road for 50 meters and a two foot deep trough/gouge in the lawn.

Love pkw xxx

Your dad is nicer than I would be.  After the third time I would have buried spikes that would pop their tires.  If they complained I'd ask them why they were trespassing on and vandalizing my property.  If they called the cops, I'd point out the damage to them and let them ticket the violators.

at our old house one of our neighbors and his kids kept driving on our lawn. they had a long driveway that would only accommodate a single car. so they would just drive over our lawn onto our driveway instead of moving multiple cars. i put out solar lights as a deterrent and they broke those too. like just grabbed them and broke them. my partner went and yelled at him and it didn't stop. so one day i sat out in the driveway reading a magazine. he walked up and tried to flirt with me. and i told him that i had heard about someone driving over people's lawns and was keeping an eye on things. his face went white because he knew that i was talking about him. he tried to act like it was just his kids. i told him that i saw him driving on our lawn too but he started going on about how he was a man and if he had driven on our lawn he would admit it. whatever. he also said my partner was crazy for yelling at him and said he was going to tell his parents (it was my partner's parent's house we were living in while they were living out of state). i told him to go ahead and tell them how he was driving on my partner's parent's lawn and destroying it. he got angry and said some choice words to which i said that was no way to speak to me. i also told him that i was going to have to spend money on a fence since he couldn't stop driving on the lawn. he got frustrated and went back in his house. i never put up the fence but i never saw them drive over our lawn again. i think he was afraid we had but spikes out. we moved a few years later and i was so glad to get away from him.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 20, 2022, 07:08:40 AM »
Still sick -_- My joints really hurt, even my fingers. It's been pretty cold the last week or so, and that could be contributing, but I think it's mostly whatever I have caught. My mom is sick too, but our symptoms are different so I don't think it's the same thing. It's not covid (why does spellcheck still not recognize this?!).

I'm also going to complain about people standing under my bedroom window and talking LOUDLY this morning. It was two dudes, I have no idea who they were. I know they don't live close, unless they were visiting. I also don't know what they were talking about, I missed the beginning of their conversation due to being asleep! It was super early too! Like 6:30! Granted, I usually get up around then but since I'm not feeling well I didn't want to get up yet. I was able to go back to sleep when they finally walked away.

I blame the tree. People like to stand by it. It's a very nice tree. It helps block my window from my neighbors. But people need to go to the little park and talk instead. I hate overhearing people.

I'm sorry you're still sick.  Hope you feel better soon.  Maybe once you feel better you should start leaning out the window and adding to the conversations.  If they get mad at you just tell them you figured that they were talking so loudly because they wanted you to join in.  Who knows, you might even make some friends out of it.  :lol:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2022, 04:07:48 PM »
I've been rewatching one of my Japanese drama series, but for some reason the episodes are skipping when they get to the last episodes on each disk. It didn't used to do that. I am sure I have played some of these on this DVD player, not just on the TV player I had when I was in London, but even wiping the disk and cleaning the player doesn't fix the problem. It does improve it somewhat but that's all...

There's no mark I can see on the disk. I hope this isn't a sign I'm going to need a new player...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #862 on: January 22, 2022, 06:07:53 AM »
I finally feel better today but of course something new had to happen - I think I cracked a tooth. It's already a bad tooth with two visible cavities and it's given me trouble for years with pain and sensitivity. There is new pain since yesterday and I *think* I can see the crack. I bet it was from my ice chewing. I come from a family of ice chewers and have done it all my life. I got an ice maker for Christmas and eat 2-4 tall cups full of ice a day. I guess it was bound to happen.

I haven't been to a dentist since I was 16 years old... I think this pain is going to finally get me to go. I'm pretty sure I'm covered under my insurance but I have to double check. Because of the implant in my skull I have to take a heavy duty round of antibiotics before and after I see a dentist - one of the reasons I haven't gone to one in so long.

Wish me luck.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 22, 2022, 07:32:55 PM »
This is going to be long.  A lot of things are building up and I feel like if I don't vent about them somewhere I'll explode.

I love my parents, but I wish we could spend some extended time apart.  We're getting on each other's nerves lately because we're constantly together unless I'm at work.  Almost every time my mom and I want to go somewhere my dad comes along too. I know he thinks he's doing it because he's worried about us but it gets annoying when he does that and then later complains that he didn't have time to do what he wanted because we wanted to do something. Last night I was trying to clean up the kitchen table with a paper towel and my mom said it wasn't good enough and told me to use a rag instead.  After I used the rag she wasn't satisfied and cleaned the table with the rag again.

Last weekend I ordered a couple of things from Amazon. At one point I noticed there was an extra item in my cart.  Looking closer I discovered that Amazon had added a free trial of Prime to my cart.  I don't want Prime because I don't feel like I have the money to spend on it each month.  I made the mistake of telling my dad about it and he said "Why wouldn't you want Prime? You get free shipping!"

I got a letter in the mail this week that one of my store credit cards was cancelled because I hadn't used it for a long time.  I know it's my fault for not using the card enough, but I would have liked a little more warning before the company decided to cancel my card.  I should have been keeping a closer eye on it but with the pandemic and everything that happened last year to my family I had more important things on my mind than using a credit card.

I'm starting to experience night sweats.  They're horrible.     

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 23, 2022, 06:09:14 AM »
The tips of both my index fingers & both thumbs have been driving me scatty for weeks now. They keep peeling & flaking, & it just won't stop...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #865 on: January 23, 2022, 06:51:27 AM »
Back to my tooth, I did some searching and I'm covered for "general dentistry" by my insurance. Anything that doesn't fit into that category I need a referral for, and then of course it needs to be approved by the insurance. Problem is, I don't know what falls under "general dentistry". I found two dentists that take my insurance close by, but it said they weren't accepting new patients. I'm going to call on Monday and see what they say. I think this tooth is too far gone to be fixed so I'm just going to ask them to pull it. Bad teeth run in my family. Neither of my parents have theirs anymore.

edit for a new complaint: The anti-friction powder I used yesterday made me break out terribly :( It's called Anti-Monkey Butt. I found it on Amazon and it has great reviews. I usually use medicated Gold Bond powder, but when I ran out I looked for something new. I bought the offending powder along with Monistat anti-friction powder gel - that stuff is fantastic. No problems and it helps soothe hot skin (I use it under my breasts mainly). Yesterday I gave the other one a try and today I have awful itchy and painful pustules :(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:59:15 PM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 23, 2022, 05:00:15 PM »
Someone. I don't know who. But SOMEONE...broke the upstairs toilet.
Nobody is admitting to it. All I know is that it wasn't me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 23, 2022, 11:05:31 PM »
Today it is people who don't pay attention to anything I actually say and then go off on how I'm wrong because they didn't bother to listen in the first place.  This happens ALL the FREAKING time and if I had a penny for every time it happened I could buy Disney.

I'm just going to stop talking.  It's a waste of oxygen and energy.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #868 on: January 24, 2022, 08:00:55 AM »
i've been researching electric and hybrid cars since. today i go on amazon this morning and what do i see? it's recommending electric cars chargers and auto merch. i'm so tired of the spying! amazon if i want an item i can search myself!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 24, 2022, 08:46:41 AM »
That reminds me of when my computer suddenly started giving me the football scores for my team, despite my never having asked it to. Amazon asked me the other day, also, if I supported that team "based on my search history." But I don't remember ever searching my football club on Amazon.

All this nonsense about microchips in the vaccine tracking our every move, when it's already being tracked, and especially on the platforms where people spread their conspiracy theories.

Also, I wish the govt would stop lying about covid figures going down. Maybe they are in London, but in my borough, they're definitely going up. Our area has a very high testing rate compared with some other parts of the country, so is likely to be more accurately representing what is going on, at least in this wider region. Dismissing rules and opening up things based on the figures in London because it's convenient for govt has impact on other places.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:52:19 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal