collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 76376 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #615 on: November 19, 2021, 10:49:42 PM »
It's not yet 7am.
Why am I awake?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #616 on: November 20, 2021, 05:15:51 AM »
I'm sorry, Pokey, my insurance jerks me around like that too.

--

So an update on my foot. I'm going to Urgent Care because today (and yesterday) I can barely put pressure on it. It's red and hot and I think I have a fever. No way it's Planter whatever. The pain is now localized to my heel, or at least the pain is so bad there I can't feel it in my arch or toes anymore. I see my doctor on Monday, but I can't wait, by then I might not be able to walk on it at all. It does feel slightly better with shoes on, so that's good. I have a flight of stairs to walk down  :cry:

Update to the update: I went all the way to Urgent Care (cost $35 with Uber) and waited 3 hours for the nurse to tell me I stepped on something. Apparently, there is a puncture wound in my heel a couple of days old. She prescribed antibiotics and steroids.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 08:31:50 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline piin-ko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 20, 2021, 08:32:12 AM »
i jammed my little toe finger on the edges of my closet and it hurts  :cry:

no matter how many times it happens it always hurts like hell!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 20, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »
My mom went on a trip and took the hairdryer with her. I guess I should just have my own hairdryer at this point, but still. I would've appreciated a heads-up BEFORE getting in the shower >_<

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #619 on: November 21, 2021, 05:26:01 AM »
Ugh! Minding my own business on the PC and I glance over and see tiny ants all over my soda can from yesterday. How do they even get up on the desk?!

edit: They were coming in from the top of the window and found one cat treat on the floor by the bookcase. From there I guess they crawled up the desk.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 06:01:45 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 22, 2021, 09:00:42 AM »
Everything is annoying me today. :( I started noticing it last night when my dad wanted to watch a movie instead of a tv series. I wanted to watch something too but for some reason the fact that my dad ended up picking what we watched (which wasn't something I wanted to watch at the time) annoyed me much more than it should have.  Sometimes I just get this way. 

This morning I started working on a project for my dad and I'm not sure how it happened but the program crashed while I was working on it.  Now I'm trying to see if I can complete the project that crashed so I can get the disc out of the drive and try again later.

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 22, 2021, 02:57:57 PM »
I'm trying to pretend the nights aren't getting longer, but they are, and my brain wants to hibernate...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #622 on: November 22, 2021, 05:16:59 PM »
I'm trying to pretend the nights aren't getting longer, but they are, and my brain wants to hibernate...

me too. when it's dark outside for a couple of hours i want to go to sleep. but it's only 7:30pm.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 22, 2021, 05:30:47 PM »
i just keep going to work... and nothing gets done... arghhhhhh
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 23, 2021, 02:12:12 AM »
I am on new antidepressants and they make me so emotional that at the drop of a hat. I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting to things..I feel like a dang fool blubbering at the tiniest things!
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #625 on: November 23, 2021, 05:04:07 AM »
Yesterday I had an appointment with my regular doctor. I take medical transportation to get to and from appointments. Anyway, when I was done I went outside and sat in the one chair they had out there. Usually there are 4 or 5 but not yesterday. I call the transport company to tell them I'm ready to be picked up. This girl walks by and looks at me and says, "That is SO disrespectful!" and keeps walking.

I was so confused I didn't even know if she was talking to me or not, but she looked right at me. So I thought, what? That I'm on the phone..? But I'm outside! I was perplexed until I was done with my call and noticed an old man leaning against the garbage bin a little ways away.

So I figure that's what she was referring to. That I should give up my seat because he's old. Sorry, rant incoming.

You don't know me. You don't know what complications and illnesses I have. All you see is a fat person in the only chair. I physically can't stand in one place for more than about 5 minutes. I could sit on the ground - I have needed to do that many times outside the clinic but it's very hard for me to get back up. A few weeks ago I got stuck on the floor and couldn't get up. My knees still hurt. So you can say whatever. If it was dire, he can always go back inside and wait for his ride or whatever he was doing. I've done that too.

As it was, he didn't have to stand for long because the guy that dropped me off was still in the area and was there in a few minutes.

I've been thinking of getting a cane, not just because one might actually be useful but to give other people a sign that hey, this young looking person has an issue! Living where I do, I'm normally the youngest person in a waiting room and I get looks all the time. Especially at the neurosurgeon. Like people in their 30s can't have brain and spine problems. And the same thing has happened there, where people assumed I should give up my seat and when I didn't they got all snotty toward me. I mean, I'm obviously there for a reason! Ugh.

Okay, I feel better now that that's off my chest :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 23, 2021, 07:23:29 AM »
People judge on appearances way too much, even despite the fact there are more awareness campaigns now about invisible disabilities and such. There have been incidents here where people with heart conditions have experienced attacks on their vehicles because they use priority parking...and so on.

I remember being interrogated at a bus stop once by someone because I had a bus pass. He never came out and said it but the implication was that I was somehow being fraudulent.

Well, it took me 2 years and medical intervention to get that bus pass. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to prove that my navigation is so impaired that it can put me at serious risk and massively limit my independence. Since 2018 my disability award has also supported that fact, I have paperwork now which I hope in February I will be able to show to get my current pass renewed.

Moreover, in this country, the govt scrapped most disability pass access to give everyone over 60 a pass (it's now higher than that I think). Even those people who drove cars and had no need of transport. So thousands of disabled people ended up like me in a battle to prove we needed public transport access, because the govt decided being an able bodied 60 year old in full time work with a car was more deserving.

I have a lot of bitterness about this as an issue even at this point. And don't even get me started on the time I was asked to leave the disabled area of a train to make way for a bike. The guard pompously told me that it was an area for people with disabled railcards. At which point I produced mine, and his expression was priceless. I still feel sorry for the poor guy who owned the bike. He was so embarrassed.

BC, is there any scheme in the US where you can wear a badge or a lanyard or something that indicates you have non-visible disabilities? I know these became pretty popular outside during lockdown to indicate people with mask exemptions and such, and a lot of businesses put up posters saying that some people had invisible disabilities and not to judge people on how they looked. Is that an option for you?

In any case, the disrespectful person was the one who made an assumption based on her expectations, rather than reality.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #627 on: November 23, 2021, 07:42:06 AM »
I don't think we have anything like that. Besides, I don't really want to do that. The thought makes me feel... I dunno. I don't want more attention on me, I'd rather be invisible :P if I wear anything it will be one of those DO NOT PET signs for service dogs :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 23, 2021, 08:12:27 AM »
It always upsets me when people assume that just because a person looks fine that they must be. 

I'll never forgot the time my mom was in so much pain that she couldn't walk around the store and asked for a riding cart. She got some really nasty looks from people because they assumed that she didn't need one.  Even after she had surgery in March sometimes I had to convince that it was okay to use a riding cart because she needed it.   

I also don't like it when random people make comments to me because they think I'm doing something wrong because they don't know the situation.   One time a lady very loudly told me that I needed to wash my hands.  I have to be very careful about which soaps I use because I have an allergic reaction to most of them.  For that reason I always carry hand sanitizer with me and use that in public places.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 23, 2021, 08:32:54 AM »
I haven’t been sleeping well/at all lately, and I was reading. So I just closed my eyes for a second, opened them back up and it’s a half hour later. And I nearly drooled on my book. Still tired though.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal