collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 38623 times)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »
That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to the TE. They are my favorite G1 set.

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2021, 12:42:04 AM »
With toys being non-essential items during corona AND all the crazy heat waves (That put out the power in the USA, Europe and also China) it's not a super big surprise that the TE gets delayed.
They're a more complicated pony (more complex than anything they did yet) with extra steps so any delay or problem would affect them more than others too.
I'm not shocked but it's still a little disappointing...BUT they're still coming!
It's just a delay!
Spring of 2022 will get here eventually and I will be lining up to grab them. Also, maybe this could help them line up more retailers or something? Did we ever find out where they were planning to sell them now that Target did whatever?

Offline kid80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »
Just got an update on TE's from Basic Fun!

"
While Target has been our biggest supporter over the past few years, they have removed the line from their Retro area in toys for the time being.  We are working with them to reinstate in the future.

For Fall 2021 - we have the following planned for stores shipping now:

Fall 2021               35250    My Little Pony Retro Classic Rainbow Ponies
                              Wave 4

35293    Sky Rocket
                35296    Fizzy
                35297    Sweet Stuff
                35298    Gingerbread

The following retailers have taken the above item:

1.) Blain Supply
2.) Cracker Barrel
3.) Meijer
4.) Toys R Us Canada

These above are Twinkle eyed & have twinkle gems as eyes – enjoy!!
"

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2021, 03:37:30 PM »
Toys R Us Canada 😍 is exciting as long as they actually show up! We’ve definitely missed some waves here in Canada at Toys R Us. But hopefully things are back on track as we did get the Posey and Surprise sets. Nice to have confirmation of the twinkle eyes too! I can’t wait to see these!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »
What's Blain Supply?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2021, 05:18:25 PM »
What's Blain Supply?

I wonder if it's some connection to Blaine's Farm and Fleet. We have those here. I'm not sure if they carry toys year-round, but they have a really awesome holiday toy department that opens up around Thanksgiving. It's the kind of thing they would carry, I think; they carry a lot of stuff that isn't available anywhere else.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2021, 05:49:28 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm glad they're trying to work with Target again but I recognize NONE of those retailers as being nearby.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2021, 06:37:43 PM »
What's Blain Supply?

I wonder if it's some connection to Blaine's Farm and Fleet. We have those here. I'm not sure if they carry toys year-round, but they have a really awesome holiday toy department that opens up around Thanksgiving. It's the kind of thing they would carry, I think; they carry a lot of stuff that isn't available anywhere else.

Ohhh.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2021, 12:37:32 AM »

I'm glad they're trying to work with Target again but I recognize NONE of those retailers as being nearby.

Agreed, hopefully they can get Target to pick them back up. Otherwise it means paying inflated prices on Ebay.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2021, 01:13:22 AM »
What's Blain Supply?

Or they could be a distributor that smaller retailers work with.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2021, 02:03:05 PM »
Nothing there that would resonate to Europe either, so maybe the Spring date is more likely for us.

...I guess we'll see what happens. It's good to know there's an update though I think it would be better for the line to have Target on board.

Hoping for Amazon to pick them up as well.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2021, 01:15:50 AM »
Excellent news! Thank you for posting!
I remain SUPER excited for these despite the mixed signals. The only place I recognized was Crackerbarrel, so I checked them out and it seems they DO ship their 'gift shop' stuff which would include the ponies! So, no stupid ebay scalper prices if they'll ship em to you.

Were crackers EVER stored in a barrel? Why are they putting ponies in the grocery (Meijer) and in a restaurant (CB)? The whole thing seems odd.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2021, 07:13:01 AM »
Oh boy I'm excited to get Fizzy for sure!  Also thinking about Gingerbread because how else could I get a bright white one?  And Sky Rocket is really growing on me...

Were crackers EVER stored in a barrel? Why are they putting ponies in the grocery (Meijer) and in a restaurant (CB)? The whole thing seems odd.

Yes, crackers were sold in barrels long ago.  I think it was a "every old general store had a barrel of crackers" kind of thing at some point (maybe just a regional thing within the USA?).
I'm guessing they are putting them in CB for two reasons: kids who just want toys, and parents (my age) for whom G1 is nostalgic (possibly even grandparents who remember buying G1s for their kids and now want to get one for their grandkids?).  The CB gift shop area leans heavily toward nostalgia (at least it did when I used to frequent them).  As for Meijer, at least where I live it is less a grocery store and more a department store like Target or Walmart.  But maybe it's a regional thing and in other places it's just a grocery store?  Also maybe they are just desperate to sell them anywhere that will take them which makes me a bit sad :(
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2021, 07:55:24 AM »
Well, my theory about Blaine Supply is incorrect. I spent the day in my hometown yesterday because I had an appointment, and I had a couple of child-free hours to do some running around. Drove past a Blain's Farm and Fleet, and it is spelled differently, so no connection.

Popped into a Meijer (which as Sunpony said, is more like a SuperTarget or Walmart; half is a grocery store and half general merchandise), and didn't see any Basic Fun ponies. They had G5 plushes though, and this huge 9-pony set of large (similar to fashion-style size) Pony Life figures, which I've never seen before on here or in a store (if anyone's interested, just ask and I'll post a photo of it in the 'Out Now and Coming Soon' thread, but I know not many here are interested in PL, and this thread is about the anniversary ponies, so I won't post it here).

But....while I was out and unencumbered with grabby children who are likely to decimate a gift shop, I stopped in the Cracker Barrel hoping to find the Posey/Lickety set, which they didn't, but look who I got!!

(Don't mind Mimic-to-be's severed head in the background of my dashboard...I took advantage of a sun-filled afternoon of driving around to get some sunfading time in for her!) The rainbow ponies were there for $12.99, so a little more than Target prices, but better than ebay scalper rates for a set that is getting increasingly hard to find.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2021, 10:57:28 AM »
Excellent news! Thank you for posting!
I remain SUPER excited for these despite the mixed signals. The only place I recognized was Crackerbarrel, so I checked them out and it seems they DO ship their 'gift shop' stuff which would include the ponies! So, no stupid ebay scalper prices if they'll ship em to you.

Crackerbarrel has a store in the restaurant.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal