collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 39126 times)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2021, 06:19:12 PM »
Good point Taffeta about the specific poses. Interestingly enough though Powder is the Hallmark MLP retro ornament for this year. I'll just be happy if the TE's make it through production and into distribution. Now finding them once that happens will be a different dynamic.

Offline kid80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2021, 12:24:13 AM »
If we didn't get Powder and Skyflier, the chances are that was because reuse of the mould was not likely to be high compared to the ones they chose, which used moulds they already had.

I still can't get over the exclusion of Powder and Skyflier :( but I came to the same conclusion as Taffeta. And a single sparkle pony, awesome though she may be, wasn't enough for BF to justify making the mould.

Although...couldn't the same be said for Seashell and Bubbles, at least in terms of US releases?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2021, 04:18:39 AM »
If we didn't get Powder and Skyflier, the chances are that was because reuse of the mould was not likely to be high compared to the ones they chose, which used moulds they already had.

I still can't get over the exclusion of Powder and Skyflier :( but I came to the same conclusion as Taffeta. And a single sparkle pony, awesome though she may be, wasn't enough for BF to justify making the mould.

Although...couldn't the same be said for Seashell and Bubbles, at least in terms of US releases?

I think that Seashell and Bubbles would be considered more iconic - at least in the US market, if not everywhere. That said, the economics also changed a bit between their release and the unicorns and pegasus ponies. Frankly we don't know if they had an idea about Powder and Skyflier but a mixture of tariffs and COVID put paid to it. I've heard US collectors call the y2 earth pony set the memorable one after the collectors though. Here it's the one after (y3/Groom & Style) but I know Bubbles and Seashell are pretty fan popular. Probably more so than Powder and Skyflier when taken on their own.

But yeah, posewise the same can be said of Bubbles and Seashell in terms of the global mainstream release. The greek sitting ponies would count as Nirvana.

I'm still sad about Powder and Skyflier as they're the last two from the y2/3 pegasus and unicorns. Bearing in mind that Hasbro didn't release those here at all in the eighties, it's been nice to see them in stores here now. But not those two. Powder was always a favourite of mine as a kid, too.

If she's the hallmark ornament, though, I will probably try and get it. I've not bothered with any of the previous, because of import costs, but Powder and Snowflake are really nostalgic for me. I still have a christmas card from when I was a kid with Powder on and both Powder and Snowflake were always in the comic a lot around that time of year. I had Snowflake as a kid, but yeah, no Powder. It would be nice to put her on the tree at least :)

Edit: Reflecting on that, the fact Bubbles and Seashell saw a global release and Powder and Skyflier saw a patchy one outside of North America may have also been a factor but I kind of doubt it. I don't think BF care too much about releases in other places, else they wouldn't have made Majesty (possibly the most iconic pony in the UK, whether you like her or not) the SDCC pony - thus unavailable to people in the UK.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 04:24:10 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2021, 10:07:16 AM »
Surely, a brand new Fizzy could not hurt to have.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2021, 01:52:06 PM »
I'm still sad about Powder and Skyflier as they're the last two from the y2/3 pegasus and unicorns. Bearing in mind that Hasbro didn't release those here at all in the eighties, it's been nice to see them in stores here now. But not those two. Powder was always a favourite of mine as a kid, too.

If she's the hallmark ornament, though, I will probably try and get it. I've not bothered with any of the previous, because of import costs, but Powder and Snowflake are really nostalgic for me. I still have a christmas card from when I was a kid with Powder on and both Powder and Snowflake were always in the comic a lot around that time of year. I had Snowflake as a kid, but yeah, no Powder. It would be nice to put her on the tree at least :)

The Hallmark ornaments were just made available this last weekend, so she is out and available now (unlike some ornaments that are not released until later this year).

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2021, 03:38:58 PM »

The Hallmark ornaments were just made available this last weekend, so she is out and available now (unlike some ornaments that are not released until later this year).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2021, 10:04:26 PM »
Are the twinkle eyes still happening ? Odd we haven't heard any official confirmation yet. Aren't they to be released next month?

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2021, 10:27:44 AM »
Are the twinkle eyes still happening ? Odd we haven't heard any official confirmation yet. Aren't they to be released next month?

It's been confirmed by them a couple of times through emails! I asked them for some photos a few weeks ago, but they won't be showing anything until the official launch date.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2021, 01:01:56 PM »
Let's not forget that normally we have the toy fairs in Jan and Feb to showcase these, and those didn't really happen the same this year for obvious reasons. So that's a big part of why we don't have that promotional material IMO.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2021, 02:15:03 PM »
This may be old news but just wanted to say I saw an absolute ton of the pretty parlor repro sets in a JcPenney's toy section yesterday if anyone is looking.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2021, 08:35:22 AM »
Looks like the TE set has been delayed until Spring, but there might be images coming soon according to this post?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2021, 08:53:37 AM »
Well that sucks.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2021, 09:06:02 AM »
That's a UK seller. What about the US?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2021, 02:06:28 PM »
That's a UK seller. What about the US?

Best idea would be to ask them directly since they'll have more direct knowledge about their US distribution timeline than they might international ones. THe UK is sometimes a bit behind the US but there have been some sets we had first or at the same time, like the 2nd set rainbows, so I'd say worth asking BF directly. The y3 earths had wider distribution in the UK before they hit the US, and that's the most recent set...I don't know if that's any kind of precedent.

That specific toy store will probably have been notified of a shipment delay and that their order of product is being pushed back...which would suggest the whole line may have been, but if it's to do with international shipments, then it might be different.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2021, 07:09:48 AM »
Looks like the TE set has been delayed until Spring, but there might be images coming soon according to this post?

Yikes...

Either this means they are unsure about continuing the line, or production has been halted by the ongoing covid issues.

Or, they hope that Sunny et all will be all the rage by then and want to plug their new MLP set(s) into G5's popularity?

I wouldn't mind waiting, but I'd like at least a teaser pic :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal