collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 39152 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2021, 07:52:43 AM »
Those are all good points Taffeta 
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2021, 01:42:09 AM »
On the Mimic front, I may sound like a broken record, but there's little chance that BF is going to make Mimic while the base material to create her is so expensive. Aside her having a pose that requires a brand new mould, and a complex colour scheme to get right, all the BF products so far have relied on them buying a few of the originals to work from. Mimic is a really expensive pony. We don't know BF's financial situation since COVID and with the issues with Chinese importations and tariffs, but one thing is for sure. It makes more economic sense to mass produce Fizzy for $10 a time if they can get a couple of original Fizzys for a handful of dollars...than to mass produce Mimic for $10 when they spent $200+ on ONE base (also taking that base out of the community).

Isn't Milky Way in the same pose? She'd be a lot easier to obtain.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2021, 02:37:19 AM »
Oh! I didn't realize that's how they made the repros. I never gave it much thought but I guess I just assumed they got the old molds from Hasbro. Whatever the case, I really hope this won't prevent them from making Mimic. I most certainly wouldn't mind if her colors won't be 100% correct  ^^;

Wishlist

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2021, 06:59:02 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking "couldn't they use someone ELSE in the Mimic pose to make her" but then I remembered, TEs were modified so the jewels could be placed in their eye sockets, right? (That sounds weird out of context...) I could see them needing an original Mimic to study how to attach the eyes.. if that makes sense...

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2021, 07:05:21 AM »
I don't know about that. Surely the eye part of Mimic's mold can't be that different from any other TE?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2021, 08:17:31 AM »
I don't know about that. Surely the eye part of Mimic's mold can't be that different from any other TE?

Its not that so much, as they also need a Mimic posed pony since they haven't done that pose yet.

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »

Its not that so much, as they also need a Mimic posed pony since they haven't done that pose yet.
Yes I know, I was responding to Carrehz's point specifically ;)
Yeah, I was thinking "couldn't they use someone ELSE in the Mimic pose to make her" but then I remembered, TEs were modified so the jewels could be placed in their eye sockets, right? (That sounds weird out of context...) I could see them needing an original Mimic to study how to attach the eyes.. if that makes sense...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2021, 10:29:39 AM »
Maybe because of the head angle?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2021, 11:32:11 AM »
Maybe in the past that would have been difficult but now we have the ability to 3D scan things. Once it's scanned and turned into a 3D model, it wouldn't be that hard to copy and paste in the eyes from another twinkle eye.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2021, 02:16:16 PM »
Oh, I don't know, I was just trying to suggest a possible reason why they might have trouble making her. Maybe it would be that easy, idk.

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »
No worries, it's not like any of us here REALLY know what the whole repro-making process is like. :lol: It's just fun to speculate.

Even if making the mold isn't a problem, her expensiveness could very well still be a reason not to make her. They have to match the colors, hair color ratios etc. and that's always going to be easier if you have direct access to the original.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2021, 04:13:04 PM »
Since we already know that BF do buy existing old ponies to use as their base research models, ideas of 3D printing are academic. We're talking about what they're doing, not what they could do.

On the subject of Milky Way - she is in the same pose, the head alone would be modified for the eyes, but! That isn't a solution for making Mimic. Why?

Reason One: Because they still have the cost of making a mould just for her. We know that won't happen. If we didn't get Powder and Skyflier, the chances are that was because reuse of the mould was not likely to be high compared to the ones they chose, which used moulds they already had. If they wouldn't do it for cheap bases like that, it won't happen for Mimic. Just doesn't make any logical sense.  On the flipside of that, admittedly, Fizzy is right now a sole pony in that pose in their projected lineup. BUT there is potential to produce Speedy (I literally just typed Sheepy, LOL) and Galaxy if they wanted to do a second wave, so it makes a little bit more sense. Fizzy is also cheaper as a base, and more iconic than Mimic.

Reason Two: Milky Way is obviously not Mimic. Since one of the reasons to obtain the originals seems to be to get the colours right, Milky Way can tell them absolutely nothing about any of Mimic's colours.

So all they'd have was the pose. But it would make more sense to make Milky Way from a Milky Way base...

So yeah.

I just feel like collectors should be realistic about what is possible, while being optimistic. And given what we've seen of BF thus far - right now I'd say Mimic is not realistic.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2021, 04:24:53 PM »
Ahh Sheepy,  the long lost and holiest of TE Grails. Like seriously,  Mimic who? Truly a wonderful, one of a kind pony. Who could resist her spring palette of colors and adorable lamb symbol?

;)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »
Ahh Sheepy,  the long lost and holiest of TE Grails. Like seriously,  Mimic who? Truly a wonderful, one of a kind pony. Who could resist her spring palette of colors and adorable lamb symbol?

;)

Yes. You understand.  :cry:
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2021, 04:32:45 PM »

;)

Yes. You understand.  :cry:

:hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal