Pony Talk > Pony Corral

35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV

<< < (2/57) > >>

Lilja:
I don't think we got any word on if the babies have been cancelled or not? We do know retailers rejected the flutters and any more playsets (or another version of the Pretty Parlor at least). It seems hard for Basic Fun to get any product out that don't follow the same template and pricepoint as the single adult ponies. The Twinkle Eyes will at least follow the same model. Although the selection of ponies is a bit out of the norm, with three earths and only one unicorn. I feel they must at least be considering a follow up set to add some more characters later.

I reeeeally want babies to be added to the line somehow! They're such an important part of G1 MLP! If it's not feasible to reproduce all their accessories, it's fine if they just do the ponies. If they can be sold at a lower price point than the adults, you'd think that would be very attractive to retailers.

It'd be really evil if they decided to sell the babies blind bagged. The newborn twins would be especially suitable for this. People would want to complete the twin pairs as well as trying to get the full set. :biggrin:

serena-hime:
I personally (sadly) think the entire line is being cancelled; for a Fall release, which is typically the biggest toy season in the industry, it's pretty odd for them to release four ponies that are only being stocked by two very small physical retailers (and potentially online, but I didn't see the Posey wave on Amazon so I'm not sure if they're even getting this wave) at least in the US.

I honestly wonder why they haven't explored the idea of an online selling platform exclusively for the Retro line? It seems to me that their current target demographic is the casual nostalgic consumer rather than collectors, but...if they had an online shop exclusively for MLP reproductions targeted at MLP fans and collectors, even with a slightly higher markup, that they would be selling extremely well, and the creation of an exclusive online shop would eliminate the ability for retail buyers to control what gets released because they wouldn't be depending on target/walmart/etc to buy stock.

Shimmer Mist:
The idea of an exclusive online shop would be excellent. Or offer them to online retailers in general. There are plenty of places that would probably take them. I'm sutprised they aren't on Hasbro Pulse yet. They have/had? the "vingage" crossover ponies. They also carry weird things that Hasbro definitely licenses like graphic tees in the Transformers department.

Annichen:
The line must be doing well, had to buy from Denmark, I'm in Norway, to get a few of my wants, missed out on two Rainbow ponies I wanted. Sold out everywhere. Guessing there won't be anymore releases...

Pokeyonekenobie:

--- Quote from: serena-hime on April 19, 2021, 06:42:26 AM ---I honestly wonder why they haven't explored the idea of an online selling platform exclusively for the Retro line? It seems to me that their current target demographic is the casual nostalgic consumer rather than collectors, but...if they had an online shop exclusively for MLP reproductions targeted at MLP fans and collectors, even with a slightly higher markup, that they would be selling extremely well, and the creation of an exclusive online shop would eliminate the ability for retail buyers to control what gets released because they wouldn't be depending on target/walmart/etc to buy stock.

--- End quote ---

I said this when they released the first set of rainbows--once we realized the collector set wasn't a one-off.  I still agree that if they had it available to purchase directly from Basic Fun then I would have the whole set already plus some doubles for customs I wanted to do.  I bought my Stranger Things AJ from Basic Fun on Amazon for a reasonable price and if they'd actually put the whole lines up instead of just one or two out of a set and not mark it up to more than double what I could get it for at Target, I'd be more willing to buy from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version