collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV  (Read 38448 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
35-40th Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« on: April 17, 2021, 09:29:15 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 12:48:03 PM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35 Anniversary ponies - Mark IV
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 11:01:01 AM »
Since there is no  Meijer, Paper Source or Cracker Barrel near me I gave up and bought the Posey set on Ebay. I did see a few of them listed on a few stores on Amazon, but they were just as much as Ebay and were not delivering until May (the ones I bought should arrive by the end of the week). I really hope Target does start selling them again. I did also check the other store the previous thread had a link to, but they are currently all sold out.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 11:03:08 AM »
Trying to keep everyone on the same page, MLPMerch is up to date.

We are expecting twinkle eyes next. Sky Rocket, Fizzy, Gingerbread, and Sweet Stuff.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 11:35:47 AM »
So they say, but just like with the last 2 promised sets,I'll believe it when people start finding them in stores. That's not to say I'm not grateful,  but I'm disappointed by the canceled flutter ponies,  and the lack of babies.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:40:05 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 09:41:20 PM »
So they say, but just like with the last 2 promised sets,I'll believe it when people start finding them in stores. That's not to say I'm not grateful,  but I'm disappointed by the canceled flutter ponies,  and the lack of babies.

I wonder if what's postponing the babies is difficulty in getting everything they come with. The earliest babies came with lots of accessories that could be hard to find. Maybe they decided to wait until later and do later babies that didn't come with so much stuff.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Lilja

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 04:09:53 AM »
I don't think we got any word on if the babies have been cancelled or not? We do know retailers rejected the flutters and any more playsets (or another version of the Pretty Parlor at least). It seems hard for Basic Fun to get any product out that don't follow the same template and pricepoint as the single adult ponies. The Twinkle Eyes will at least follow the same model. Although the selection of ponies is a bit out of the norm, with three earths and only one unicorn. I feel they must at least be considering a follow up set to add some more characters later.

I reeeeally want babies to be added to the line somehow! They're such an important part of G1 MLP! If it's not feasible to reproduce all their accessories, it's fine if they just do the ponies. If they can be sold at a lower price point than the adults, you'd think that would be very attractive to retailers.

It'd be really evil if they decided to sell the babies blind bagged. The newborn twins would be especially suitable for this. People would want to complete the twin pairs as well as trying to get the full set. :biggrin:

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 06:42:26 AM »
I personally (sadly) think the entire line is being cancelled; for a Fall release, which is typically the biggest toy season in the industry, it's pretty odd for them to release four ponies that are only being stocked by two very small physical retailers (and potentially online, but I didn't see the Posey wave on Amazon so I'm not sure if they're even getting this wave) at least in the US.

I honestly wonder why they haven't explored the idea of an online selling platform exclusively for the Retro line? It seems to me that their current target demographic is the casual nostalgic consumer rather than collectors, but...if they had an online shop exclusively for MLP reproductions targeted at MLP fans and collectors, even with a slightly higher markup, that they would be selling extremely well, and the creation of an exclusive online shop would eliminate the ability for retail buyers to control what gets released because they wouldn't be depending on target/walmart/etc to buy stock.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:47:24 AM by serena-hime »

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 08:43:29 AM »
The idea of an exclusive online shop would be excellent. Or offer them to online retailers in general. There are plenty of places that would probably take them. I'm sutprised they aren't on Hasbro Pulse yet. They have/had? the "vingage" crossover ponies. They also carry weird things that Hasbro definitely licenses like graphic tees in the Transformers department.

Offline Annichen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Soft Pony
  • G1 MLP 4 life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 12:18:50 PM »
The line must be doing well, had to buy from Denmark, I'm in Norway, to get a few of my wants, missed out on two Rainbow ponies I wanted. Sold out everywhere. Guessing there won't be anymore releases...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 12:58:27 PM »
I honestly wonder why they haven't explored the idea of an online selling platform exclusively for the Retro line? It seems to me that their current target demographic is the casual nostalgic consumer rather than collectors, but...if they had an online shop exclusively for MLP reproductions targeted at MLP fans and collectors, even with a slightly higher markup, that they would be selling extremely well, and the creation of an exclusive online shop would eliminate the ability for retail buyers to control what gets released because they wouldn't be depending on target/walmart/etc to buy stock.

I said this when they released the first set of rainbows--once we realized the collector set wasn't a one-off.  I still agree that if they had it available to purchase directly from Basic Fun then I would have the whole set already plus some doubles for customs I wanted to do.  I bought my Stranger Things AJ from Basic Fun on Amazon for a reasonable price and if they'd actually put the whole lines up instead of just one or two out of a set and not mark it up to more than double what I could get it for at Target, I'd be more willing to buy from there.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 02:12:28 PM »
I don't think it's cancelled but it might be a hiatus. Target only has so much space for retro toys, which tbh is more of a parental impulse than your typical toys directly aimed at kids with advertising in their favorite shows and YouTube channels. Impulse purchases in general have taken a hit thanks to the pandemic causing people who do shop in person to be in and out and more focused on what they need. I think if they do end up on hiatus they might bring them back for the 40th anniversary like they did for SSC. I just hope it won't just be glitter versions of the collector ponies because then I'd be sad.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 02:34:41 PM »
As long as I can get em on Amazon,  that'll make me happy. Depending on how they do the eyes as well. If they're just glued on, or they fall out, or they make them regular ponies forget it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 09:32:51 PM »
I guess I'd settle for being able to buy them on Amazon if I had to, although it's not my first choice. I got my Stranger Things Applejack on Amazon and she was reasonably priced ($12 or so), but the box arrived damaged because they mailed her in a non-padded envelope.

There's just something to be said about being able to go in a store and pick out a pony from the shelf...makes me feel like an excited 8-year-old kid again. Wish Target would continue carrying the line.

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 06:21:49 PM »
As long as I can get em on Amazon,  that'll make me happy. Depending on how they do the eyes as well. If they're just glued on, or they fall out, or they make them regular ponies forget it.

I hope for the same! Amazon is pricey but I'm glad to find them there at all. Target no longer appears to be an option at all. Curious how the Twinkle Eyes will turn out. The quality has been pretty good so far so it makes me think we'll see something nice.

I do believe this is the end of the line (for a while anyway.) I noticed Strawberry Shortcake was back on the shelf. So maybe MLP might come back at some point. Either way, I'm happy that there were some nice releases. I do love my snowy white Gusty. :)

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 10:20:14 AM »
Just popping in to let everyone know that The Toy Shoppe Northport has restocked the Posey wave again!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal