collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Rehairs!  (Read 5256 times)

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
My Rehairs!
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:27:55 PM »
I've been rehairing some ponies lately, and thought I'd share!

First up is Dancing Butterflies, my very first G1 pony!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pretty simple rehair, just wanted it to be a little longer than her stock hair! Turned out a little thinner than I'd have liked, but otherwise I'm happy with it. Might re-do it some day though! Luckily I do the knot method, so it's a lot easier to take out the hair and start again from scratch.

Second is Locket!

I went with a similar color scheme to her original hair, but I changed the order and switched the white streak with a gorgeous warm coral instead, to match her eyes and blush. Still might cut it shorter and add some curls, but I really love how she came out.

And my most recent- Ringlet!

Ringlet is probably my favorite G1 pony, so naturally I needed two- one to keep stock (you can see her behind Locket) and a second one to rehair!

Pretty similar to her original color scheme, with a lighter yellow streak to match her body and the addition of a purple streak to match her wings and eyes! I also added a third row of hair to make it a bit thicker. Definitely my favorite one so far, though she's not completely finished- still have to reassemble and style her!

That's all for now folks! I think Streaky will be next- I wonder how she'd look with pink, yellow, purple, teal and a light green to pull her color scheme together?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 01:33:11 PM by serena-hime »

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: My Rehairs!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 01:33:11 PM »
Lovely rehairs! I like the updated colours on both Locket and Ringlet, and agree Locket would look lovely with curls! Can't wait to see your Streaky!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 03:04:28 PM »
oh wow, they're gorgeous! Ringlet and Dancing Butterflies are a couple favorites of mine, and you've certainly done them justice.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 03:50:26 PM »
They look great! Love the alternate colors. Can't wait to see your Streaky and any others you do!

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 11:20:32 PM »
Lovely rehairs! I like the updated colours on both Locket and Ringlet, and agree Locket would look lovely with curls! Can't wait to see your Streaky!

Thank you so much! I'm really happy with Ringlet especially- even before rehairing, she kind of perfectly represented everything I love about G1 aesthetics and now she REALLY does for me!

oh wow, they're gorgeous! Ringlet and Dancing Butterflies are a couple favorites of mine, and you've certainly done them justice.

Thank you! They're two of my favorites, something about a yellow pony with pink and pastel accents just really gets me lol

They look great! Love the alternate colors. Can't wait to see your Streaky and any others you do!

Thank you! I'm super excited to do Streaky!

Offline Kanthaka

• Trade Count: (+342)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Crafting Instagram
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 12:04:02 PM »
They look so glamorous with the extra-long hair! I adore the alternate colors you've picked for Locket and Ringlet -- definitely an improvement on the original, but close enough that I had a moment of, "wait, that's not how her hair's supposed to look?"

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 12:23:51 PM »
I really love the colors you chose for Ringlet! She always felt a little bit off to me, I think she's perfect like that.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »
Oh my gosh, Ringlet is perfect! Excited to see what you do with Streaky! As an aside, Raincurl is my favorite pony and I have a Stripes I need to rehair. I'm so glad to see more love for this set :heart:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 01:11:27 PM »
They look amazing & that hair suits them xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 04:13:21 PM »
I finished styling Ringlet today! I love her so, so so so much

(stock Ringlet wanted to be a part of this too- also I can't stop laughing at Rainbow Beat's face just popping up, like she's trying to photobomb lol)

I decided to keep it super long, I couldn't bring myself to even consider cutting it shorter!

They look so glamorous with the extra-long hair! I adore the alternate colors you've picked for Locket and Ringlet -- definitely an improvement on the original, but close enough that I had a moment of, "wait, that's not how her hair's supposed to look?"

Thank you! I'm so glad you said that, I went in with the intention of keeping them fairly similar, but with a little more pizazz- almost as if they'd been designed like that in the first place lol!

I really love the colors you chose for Ringlet! She always felt a little bit off to me, I think she's perfect like that.

Thank you!

Oh my gosh, Ringlet is perfect! Excited to see what you do with Streaky! As an aside, Raincurl is my favorite pony and I have a Stripes I need to rehair. I'm so glad to see more love for this set :heart:
Omg hi! I smile every time I see your signature around the forum, I love the Rainbow Curl ponies so much. I feel like they are the perfect representation of G1 ponies, it's almost like the designers thought 'How can we boil down and condense the entirety of this brand into a single collection' and Rainbow Curl ponies were the end result!

I would love to locate a second Stripes for rehairing some day, I dream of having one stock set and one rehaired set because I love them so much.

They look amazing & that hair suits them xxx

Thank you <3 <3 <3

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »
Adding the purple really makes her pop.  Amazing work!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 12:27:31 AM »
I love their hair, I love how smooth and glossy and shiny they look!! :heart: Great job!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 09:12:16 PM »
Adding the purple really makes her pop.  Amazing work!

Thank you!

I love their hair, I love how smooth and glossy and shiny they look!! :heart: Great job!!

Thank you so much! <3

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 07:08:50 PM »
Took a detour and decided to rehair Star Dancer before Streaky!

Streaky will be up next I think, then I'm considering my Scoops since she has a haircut and her mane just looks kind of flat and thin lol

Offline Kanthaka

• Trade Count: (+342)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • Crafting Instagram
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »
That hair is perfect for Star Dancer! I've never loved her factory hair in combination with her body color, but this is fantastic.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal