collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RETRO Pony Section on Strawberry Reef - what should be included?  (Read 2353 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: RETRO Pony Section on Strawberry Reef - what should be included?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 02:14:24 PM »
I can't think of anything missing at the moment that hasn't been mentioned? I like the idea of having a Retro section as I'm actually really interested in these figures right now. I love Right Hoof Red and Peggy Mane, etc. <3
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 12:13:22 PM »
Thank you everyone for your detailed replies and information and especially the comparison pics are a great help!  i will work on compiling a list and updating the site when I can...

What about HQG1C too?
I'm not familiar with these... can you tell me more?

Did we mention ST Applejack as well?

What is ST Applejack?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 12:16:23 PM »
Thank you everyone for your detailed replies and information and especially the comparison pics are a great help!  i will work on compiling a list and updating the site when I can...

What about HQG1C too?
I'm not familiar with these... can you tell me more?

Did we mention ST Applejack as well?

What is ST Applejack?

A crossover with the stranger things show.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 09:16:36 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 01:39:43 PM »
I actually don't think HQG1C should be included on the website, for two reasons. One, people may start thinking of them as real MLPs, rather than customs, and two, it raises the question as to at what point should a custom be included on an actual MLP ID page?

I think talking to Clipper and co about that would be sensible, but I would expect HQG1C to have their own site or a site dedicated to their products, which could maybe be linked to but not incorporated.

They're great things, but we don't want to confuse new collectors by making them think they're real ponies when they're not. It's not the same as the retro ponies from BF, as they're licensed and so official.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 05:28:31 AM »
I actually don't think HQG1C should be included on the website, for two reasons. One, people may start thinking of them as real MLPs, rather than customs, and two, it raises the question as to at what point should a custom be included on an actual MLP ID page?

I think talking to Clipper and co about that would be sensible, but I would expect HQG1C to have their own site or a site dedicated to their products, which could maybe be linked to but not incorporated.

These are all great points!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 08:12:34 AM »

They're great things, but we don't want to confuse new collectors by making them think they're real ponies when they're not. It's not the same as the retro ponies from BF, as they're licensed and so official.

Ya if they aren’t genuine licensed MLP I won’t include them. That is too much of a wormhole for me to go down... I don’t include fakies either... but I agree another site for these would be great.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 02:43:32 AM »

Ya if they aren’t genuine licensed MLP I won’t include them. That is too much of a wormhole for me to go down... I don’t include fakies either... but I agree another site for these would be great.

That’s a fair point. A fakie section would be cool though!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal