collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Regular Horses in G1 MLP series.  (Read 1185 times)

Offline sunshinedim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Regular Horses in G1 MLP series.
« on: April 02, 2021, 02:56:19 PM »
Hello there, I have been fascinated by the extistance of Megan's horse TJ from the original G1 tv series for a while... does anyone know if there were any more horses with natural colors, no symbols and with no talking ability in the G1 series?

I don't currently have access to the full G1 show so If anyone knows more about regular horses in the G1 universe... I'd love to know more!!

Also...... that's just my theory but when I was a child and I was watching the 80s "My Little Pony the movie". I used to think that all little ponies were originally horses but somehow something happened to them... (a magic spell maybe?) and turned them into colorful creatures and some of them turned into Unicorns and Pegasi. What do you think of that theory? Let me know! :D

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Regular Horses in G1 MLP series.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 02:57:39 PM »
she is referred to as Jenny
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline sunshinedim

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 03:01:09 PM »

who? :o

edit: I did some research... she's a brown variant of Peachy!  :blink:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:10:51 PM by sunshinedim »

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 03:09:42 PM »

TJ, I believe :) there is a release of Snuzzle/Peachy with brown body and white hair from Macau called Jenny, and TJ is sometimes theorized to be this pony.
TJ also kind of looks like the original My Pretty pony, right?

I -don't- think there are anymore regular horses in the series though? I can't think of any. The closest I can think of is Nightshade/Knight Shade from B right Lights, as he doesn't appear to have any symbol, but he's not a regular horse.
^^

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline sunshinedim

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 03:17:53 PM »

TJ, I believe :) there is a release of Snuzzle/Peachy with brown body and white hair from Macau called Jenny, and TJ is sometimes theorized to be this pony.
TJ also kind of looks like the original My Pretty pony, right?

I -don't- think there are anymore regular horses in the series though? I can't think of any. The closest I can think of is Nightshade/Knight Shade from B right Lights, as he doesn't appear to have any symbol, but he's not a regular horse.
^^

I see! thank you for answering! I do remember Nightshade! I wonder if the fact that he lacked a cutie mark/symbol meant that he was a different spieces from the rest of the My Little Ponies? I wish the G1 show was a bit more clear sometimes with stuff like that. I have so many questions sometimes.... (like why were Megan's parents or earth family never shown...?)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 03:29:58 PM »
Hello there, I have been fascinated by the extistance of Megan's horse TJ from the original G1 tv series for a while... does anyone know if there were any more horses with natural colors, no symbols and with no talking ability in the G1 series?

I don't currently have access to the full G1 show so If anyone knows more about regular horses in the G1 universe... I'd love to know more!!

Also...... that's just my theory but when I was a child and I was watching the 80s "My Little Pony the movie". I used to think that all little ponies were originally horses but somehow something happened to them... (a magic spell maybe?) and turned them into colorful creatures and some of them turned into Unicorns and Pegasi. What do you think of that theory? Let me know! :D

Some of the Grayvale ponies have natural colors.  And I think MLP Tales had a Clydesdale?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:35:31 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sunshinedim

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 03:37:07 PM »

The grayvale ponies have natural colors.  And I think MLP Tales had a Clydesdale?

Ooohh yes! Also if we bring MLP Tales into this.... I remember in one episode I don't remember the title.... but there was a Royal Pony family (a king and a queen)... and they were inside a carriage and real horses were pulling it.... That was the strangest thing for me to see as a kid. Anyone else remember that?

Edit: I found a screenshot.... that picture makes me feel so uncomfortable....
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:52:44 PM by sunshinedim »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 04:25:26 PM »
Yes, TJ / Jenny  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 07:42:08 PM »

The grayvale ponies have natural colors.  And I think MLP Tales had a Clydesdale?

Ooohh yes! Also if we bring MLP Tales into this.... I remember in one episode I don't remember the title.... but there was a Royal Pony family (a king and a queen)... and they were inside a carriage and real horses were pulling it.... That was the strangest thing for me to see as a kid. Anyone else remember that?

Edit: I found a screenshot.... that picture makes me feel so uncomfortable....

Oh my.  This might be indicative of why I stopped watching my little pony as a kid when it switched to Tales...  Also can we all appreciate the hilarity of the drivers facial expression?  XD
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:43:45 PM by SunPony »
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 09:17:21 PM »
Yeah, something is disturbing about that screenshot...but I also have to agree about the expression on the driver's face being rather amusing.

Like...is one species of pony/horse supposed to be more evolved than the other? Or are the horses pulling the carriage some kind of paid servants? Or something more sinister...

It kind of reminds me of the Disney cartoons that baffled me even as a young kid: Goofy and Pluto were both dogs. But why did Goofy get to wear clothes, walk upright like a human, and talk, when Pluto pretty much just had to act like a dog?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 09:30:20 PM »
Yeah, something is disturbing about that screenshot...but I also have to agree about the expression on the driver's face being rather amusing.

Like...is one species of pony/horse supposed to be more evolved than the other? Or are the horses pulling the carriage some kind of paid servants? Or something more sinister...

It kind of reminds me of the Disney cartoons that baffled me even as a young kid: Goofy and Pluto were both dogs. But why did Goofy get to wear clothes, walk upright like a human, and talk, when Pluto pretty much just had to act like a dog?

I've always felt at least in the case of Goofy and Pluto that it's like humans and pet monkeys.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 10:31:18 PM »
Megan also rides a full-sized horse in The End Of Flutter Valley.

(like why were Megan's parents or earth family never shown...?)

Their parents were briefly mentioned in the movie.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline sunshinedim

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 01:04:40 AM »
Megan also rides a full-sized horse in The End Of Flutter Valley.

(like why were Megan's parents or earth family never shown...?)

Their parents were briefly mentioned in the movie.

Do you have a screenshot of that horse? It wasn't the same one as TJ I assume?

Also about Megan... I remember the mention of her parents in the movie but still I wish we could have learned more about her. Weren't her parents worried everytime that she went away to stay with the little ponies? We saw in the series that she was also sleeping in the Paradise Estate... I assumed that she lived there for long periods....

Was the whole "visiting a Magical land where ponies/pegasi/unicorns live" kept a secret from her family?

So many questions.... I would have loved to have a remake of the old show with some of those things answered because the old show was a bit vague at times.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »
Unfortunately even the comics over here didn't do a lot with Megan, so there aren't any other clues about her family or the real life around her that I can think of off hand. She's barely in the comics in fact.

Personally I don't associate Jenny with TJ, because TJ is in the US made animation and TJ is a variant not sold in the US, but she is the only pony with that colour scheme that was ever made in real (discounting Bonnie's prototypes, of course, which TJ may have been a nod to? Possibly? Jenny does have a symbol, but I don't think they do??)

It's not connected but while we're talking about head canons, it always struck me that maybe Megan's family has some issues going on behind the scenes.

So this has nothing to do with MLP directly except that it's the same toy company, same time frame and same animation company. But in the Jem series, there's an episode with a lad called Danny who's a runaway.

This is that Danny. He looks startlingly like an older version of Megan's brother:

That, coupled with Megan spending so much time at the ponies' houses makes me wonder.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 07:12:44 PM »
Do you have a screenshot of that horse? It wasn't the same one as TJ I assume?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrO-aA2jVA&t=849s
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal