collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Popularity/Rarity? Nurse Sweetheart without her items  (Read 635 times)

Offline inkystinky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Popularity/Rarity? Nurse Sweetheart without her items
« on: April 01, 2021, 01:30:59 PM »
Hey :) I am wondering which site you would recommend visiting when wanting to find out your pony's popularity and/or rarity?
I recently found out that I've got Nurse Sweetheart from G1 at my parents house, in a very nice condition... but without her accessories (see photo-link below).
I have no idea what she is worth today?I think a friend of mine had/or have either Tenderheart or Loveheart as well in similar condition. Are they equal in popularity?
Wow, I'm very new at this so I hope I don´t sound weird or too awkward.
Thanks  ^.^
https://imgur.com/a/QgJYqOV
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 01:36:03 PM by inkystinky »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Popularity/Rarity? Nurse Sweetheart without her items
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 03:06:32 PM »
Things fluctuate, but you've got one that's considered quite hard to find! Especially Stateside. Hopefully a European ponypal can chime in with how "rare" she is, but she and her setmates can be rather pricey even without her accessories. I'm seeing prices around $70 USD at auction, perhaps higher for BiNs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline inkystinky

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 04:25:30 AM »
Thank you for your thorough reply!  ^.^ I see!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 08:55:35 AM »
Ponies from the last full year of European release MLP are all a bit tricky to find. The nurses are pretty sought after with their hats - but I'm not sure about Sweetheart without. Tenderheart and Loveheart are unique ponies in their own right, but Sweetheart also has a Tales version, which is more common and probably more popular with collectors.

I'm not the best person to advise on value, but I would say that the nurse ponies are fairly hard to find. The fact they were never sold in North America is also a factor, because their distribution was smaller than some of the ponies sold globally.

TRTL's estimate is in keeping with what I've seen nurse ponies sell for without the hat. If you had her from new, maybe have a hunt around to see if you can find the hat, as they sell for a fair bit on their own and will up the value of the pony.

All in all it's a nice pony to have!!

ETA - does her symbol still have the heat sensitive function or has it worn out? These came with the heat sensitive heart on the symbol which is meant to fade out in warm water. If you are not sure and want to test it, be careful that you don'yt scratch or otherwise damage the heart on the symbol, they are quite sensitive. Don't use water that's too hot and don't rub it too much!

(I can't see your picture, which is almost certainly my PC).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 08:57:52 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline inkystinky

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 11:33:39 AM »
Ponies from the last full year of European release MLP are all a bit tricky to find. The nurses are pretty sought after with their hats - but I'm not sure about Sweetheart without. Tenderheart and Loveheart are unique ponies in their own right, but Sweetheart also has a Tales version, which is more common and probably more popular with collectors.

I'm not the best person to advise on value, but I would say that the nurse ponies are fairly hard to find. The fact they were never sold in North America is also a factor, because their distribution was smaller than some of the ponies sold globally.

TRTL's estimate is in keeping with what I've seen nurse ponies sell for without the hat. If you had her from new, maybe have a hunt around to see if you can find the hat, as they sell for a fair bit on their own and will up the value of the pony.

All in all it's a nice pony to have!!

ETA - does her symbol still have the heat sensitive function or has it worn out? These came with the heat sensitive heart on the symbol which is meant to fade out in warm water. If you are not sure and want to test it, be careful that you don'yt scratch or otherwise damage the heart on the symbol, they are quite sensitive. Don't use water that's too hot and don't rub it too much!

(I can't see your picture, which is almost certainly my PC).

Oooh, allright! Thanks for your thorough evaluation on the matter! ^.^
Her symbol is pretty intact, but yeah I think it would be safe to not put her in warm water just in case! I'll be careful :>

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal